Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA Crowdsale - page 16. (Read 182682 times)

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
February 21, 2016, 06:44:15 AM
how can i buy?
Maybe here https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/iota-iota-speculation-1360660  or here https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?topic=1371659.new#new

just to say, currently no iota token was not distributed
people who sell on the AE or the MS are participants crowdsale
and trying to sell a part of their funds before the release of IOTA.
legendary
Activity: 1190
February 21, 2016, 03:06:12 AM
how can i buy?
Activity: 173
Merit: 100
February 20, 2016, 10:13:55 PM
Considering the anticipation and price rally in ETH, I am having to revise my IOTA estimates. $50 million+ isn't something that would raise my eyebrows at all.

50M at launch ?
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
February 20, 2016, 10:11:30 PM

IOTA team.

I love the project. Keep up the good work people...

Have you had any contact with the shapeshift.io/ guys about getting IOTA integrated??

Also have you come across this: https://thehackernews.com/2016/02/zephyr-internet-of-things-os.html

Forgive my basic technical knowledge, so this could be a completely stupid question but is this zephyr project something you can get IOTA involved with!?
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
February 20, 2016, 07:45:26 PM
Considering the anticipation and price rally in ETH, I am having to revise my IOTA estimates. $50 million+ isn't something that would raise my eyebrows at all.
Activity: 76
Merit: 10
February 20, 2016, 05:35:45 PM
As for ETA annoying, welcome to the world of development. As we stated we outsourced the GUI and so we can't really do anything to boost it up other than provide them with input.

Seems like you didn't talk about any timeframes with them and it's a bit strange... If they do the job for a money, and if they're professionals, there's got to be some timeframes.

Of course we did, it's a highly reputable design firm from San Francisco. And due to this we actually had an unexpected delay due to international wiretransfer being stuck for days before work could even commence. But timeframes is flexible when you work on GUI due to the nature of iterations. You provide a rough idea, wireframes are put together, you review them and give pointers, new wireframes are drawn, eventually you greenlight them, then the next stage is design draft, then redraft after input, then another draft, then another input etc. Then animation, same process, then coding, similar issues there and then finally connecting back-end to front-end.  We're now at the stage where I've given a clean 'go ahead'.

I kind of hope the GUI is not too awesome, like iotatoken.com overdid all the canvas background stuff.... cant even scroll fluidly on an quad-core Atom 1,44 GHz

Smiley I was trying to run it on my 1ghz Odroid, that was fun.

I'm confident that Sergey and David will release good software. Due to the delay its possible, that the price of iota will suffer a bit, but good development needs time.

Trust me, the price will *not* suffer. Pay attention to the news that will be released in the coming week and you'll see why;) We'll launch the official blog and forum of IOTA in the coming week with a lot of interesting news, so don't worry about price or development taking a blow. It's hard to communicate, but the GUI is just that; GUI, it has nothing to do with IOTA as a technology.

Can't wait to hear the good news Cheesy
It will be a exciting year for krypto.

legendary
Activity: 1344
February 20, 2016, 12:44:16 PM
You provide a rough idea, wireframes are put together, you review them and give pointers, new wireframes are drawn, eventually you greenlight them, then the next stage is design draft, then redraft after input, then another draft, then another input etc.
Could you post some of the wireframes or their design drafts? Might be useful for you as well, because in my experience it is always a good idea to show and ask the actual users of a product the GUI before programming it, they might even like it Grin

I prefer to keep silence and then to start ringing all the bells at once.
David said that a lot of iota news will be coming week.
Let's wait a little bit more.
Activity: 229
Merit: 134
February 20, 2016, 07:40:20 AM
You provide a rough idea, wireframes are put together, you review them and give pointers, new wireframes are drawn, eventually you greenlight them, then the next stage is design draft, then redraft after input, then another draft, then another input etc.
Could you post some of the wireframes or their design drafts? Might be useful for you as well, because in my experience it is always a good idea to show and ask the actual users of a product the GUI before programming it, they might even like it Grin
February 19, 2016, 08:37:45 PM
First, we all (maybe most of us) on the same boat. Everyone can help and should help to make IOTA a success (to be adopted by the real world business). Regarding the attitude, I want to borrow JFK's words - "Don't ask what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

Secondly, from my observation and experience in dealing business issues with David, I think he is a fine CEO and a sharp businessman, especially for a startup. You all should not worry too much about his attribute to trolls. What would you do when trolls trash you and your efforts? Not many people can offer their left cheeks after their right cheeks get slapped.  

As soon as we have a GUI and functional send/receive I know people that will want to try it out, and I will be happy to attend IOT conferences. Seriously excited for the possibilities!
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
February 19, 2016, 11:37:18 AM

Trust me, the price will *not* suffer. Pay attention to the news that will be released in the coming week and you'll see why;) We'll launch the official blog and forum of IOTA in the coming week with a lot of interesting news, so don't worry about price or development taking a blow. It's hard to communicate, but the GUI is just that; GUI, it has nothing to do with IOTA as a technology.

I think it would be a great idea to bring someone on board that can maintain/update the UI after it's been finished by the design firm.  That way you don't have to rely on a 3rd party to fix small bugs, etc..  I'm sure you've already thought about that.  Also, in terms of use cases, should we be thinking of projects that the Iota team can develop or more broad range use cases that involve corporations, etc?  I have some ideas for simple web bases use cases.
Activity: 763
February 18, 2016, 10:12:23 PM
First, we all (maybe most of us) on the same boat. Everyone can help and should help to make IOTA a success (to be adopted by the real world business). Regarding the attitude, I want to borrow JFK's words - "Don't ask what your country can do for you. Ask what you can do for your country."

Secondly, from my observation and experience in dealing business issues with David, I think he is a fine CEO and a sharp businessman, especially for a startup. You all should not worry too much about his attribute to trolls. What would you do when trolls trash you and your efforts? Not many people can offer their left cheeks after their right cheeks get slapped.  

Activity: 714
February 18, 2016, 09:02:40 PM
As for ETA annoying, welcome to the world of development. As we stated we outsourced the GUI and so we can't really do anything to boost it up other than provide them with input.

Seems like you didn't talk about any timeframes with them and it's a bit strange... If they do the job for a money, and if they're professionals, there's got to be some timeframes.

Of course we did, it's a highly reputable design firm from San Francisco. And due to this we actually had an unexpected delay due to international wiretransfer being stuck for days before work could even commence. But timeframes is flexible when you work on GUI due to the nature of iterations. You provide a rough idea, wireframes are put together, you review them and give pointers, new wireframes are drawn, eventually you greenlight them, then the next stage is design draft, then redraft after input, then another draft, then another input etc. Then animation, same process, then coding, similar issues there and then finally connecting back-end to front-end.  We're now at the stage where I've given a clean 'go ahead'.

I kind of hope the GUI is not too awesome, like iotatoken.com overdid all the canvas background stuff.... cant even scroll fluidly on an quad-core Atom 1,44 GHz

I'm confident that Sergey and David will release good software. Due to the delay its possible, that the price of iota will suffer a bit, but good development needs time.

Activity: 76
Merit: 10
February 18, 2016, 06:23:21 PM

copper member
Activity: 37
Merit: 23
February 17, 2016, 04:17:51 AM

Sounds about right, any chance of a sneak preview?  Cool
February 18, 2016, 04:04:40 PM
Like I have stated several times: it's just impossible to estimate when you rely on outsourced work if they don't stick to their own estimates.

But how is that a contract? Who has ever written a contract without a due date?

Anyone in software development, especially where design is involved. We got an agreed upon timeline, but like I explained earlier there are unique issues when you deal with iterations. If the first iteration is good to go, great then it'll take the minimum amount of time, if not and it ends up being 2-3-4-5 iterations it suddenly takes 3-4 more days. But yes, I have communicated to them explicitly that there is a sensitive time element (since day 1), so they are very much aware of my (and the community's) growing impatience.

Ok, I can get on board with that. I guess it's a little different when you don't have a clear framework or design and changes happen along the way. God Speed, let's hope we see it soon.

Agreed. The good thing is that in the meantime we are doing the testing and optimization that we would regardless, so in terms of actual tech nothing is being delayed.

Kickass, can't wait to test it out when it ships.
February 18, 2016, 03:33:35 PM
Like I have stated several times: it's just impossible to estimate when you rely on outsourced work if they don't stick to their own estimates.

Anyone in software development, especially where design is involved. We got an agreed upon timeline, but like I explained earlier there are unique issues when you deal with iterations. If the first iteration is good to go, great then it'll take the minimum amount of time, if not and it ends up being 2-3-4-5 iterations it suddenly takes 3-4 more days. But yes, I have communicated to them explicitly that there is a sensitive time element (since day 1), so they are very much aware of my (and the community's) growing impatience.

Ok, I can get on board with that. I guess it's a little different when you don't have a clear framework or design and changes happen along the way. God Speed, let's hope we see it soon.

Agreed. The good thing is that in the meantime we are doing the testing and optimization that we would regardless, so in terms of actual tech nothing is being delayed.

February 18, 2016, 03:32:10 PM

February 18, 2016, 03:28:35 PM

February 18, 2016, 03:26:28 PM

February 18, 2016, 01:40:20 PM
Pages:
Jump to: