Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA Crowdsale - page 7. (Read 182679 times)

Activity: 658
Merit: 250
May 13, 2016, 10:58:20 PM
Can Iota add a layer or plug in to have the zerocash effect? understand "layer" and PLug in" is just the general terms I know to say Im sure they are not the right words but hope you get the idea
legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1004
May 12, 2016, 01:40:18 PM

What about buying things that eBay prohibits? I'm sure that their investors aren't thrilled with the idea of a marketplace for drugs, weapons, credit cards, WoW accounts, nazi paraphernalia, etc but this might be the best reason for OB to exist.

Dark markets exist for that. The issue is the governments have figured out they can't stop Dark Markets, so instead they are going after Tor and users of Tor, lumping them all in as criminals. So the only solution will be a completely anonymous protocol like Iotatoken said, Zerocash.
legendary
May 12, 2016, 01:36:15 PM
On top of this you also of course got the other use-cases that are enabled by the world's first scalable distributed ledger with no fees.

Glad you mentioned this, as it's becoming an issue with Bitcoin and has huge potential implications on the future of decentralized information access.  Iota has many possibilities beyond M2M!
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 10, 2016, 03:53:51 PM
This is the biggest lie of all cryptocoins - that these coins are more convenient for spending than fiat money. It works only if you buy illegal (drugs) or barely legal (webcam girl show) stuff. All the other things are better to purchase with VISA or Paypal, because they protect customers. In Bitcoin et al. it's merchants who are protected. The case is different if customer = machine, because they can't buy stuff with "paper" money.

I agree, the other issue is that people love to say bitcoin is much cheaper than paypal etc due to lower fees during transmission but the they forget to factor in the buy/sell spread. On localbitcoin for example it is around 7%

The only reason people feel secure in BTC is the ease of exit to Fiat, not the ability to spend it anywhere, which people really don't do. Consumers drive markets, which is why OB will fail, it caters to the seller as a better way to make money (no fees) but offers no advantage to the buyer. BTC as it is will not succeed as a currency beyond dark markets, but may succeed as a store of value. Iota is targeting an entirely different market and not pretending to be money.

People will look back on POW in years from now as a very antiquated, wasteful and centralized protocol. BTC is being run by a handful of people, both from core development and mining.

What about buying things that eBay prohibits? I'm sure that their investors aren't thrilled with the idea of a marketplace for drugs, weapons, credit cards, WoW accounts, nazi paraphernalia, etc but this might be the best reason for OB to exist.

That's the thing though, if you remove hardcore anarchist/libertarians who hold their fundamentalist ideology of not being associated with 'the system' above profit, and who hold this ideology so darely they are willing to bankrupt ( they don't really exist in any significant way ) from the equation, then you only got the 'darkmarket' left. Which is undeniably a big self-sustaining and genuine economy by any metric. However, you would not want to use Bitcoin in this market, you'd instead wait for something like Zerocash that use Zero Knowledge Proofs and ensure your anonymity and security.

In IOTA the machine-2-machine economy of machines being both the consumer and prosumer of technological resources is what will drive the economy. On top of this you also of course got the other use-cases that are enabled by the world's first scalable distributed ledger with no fees.
legendary
Activity: 1442
Merit: 1001
May 10, 2016, 03:42:14 PM
This is the biggest lie of all cryptocoins - that these coins are more convenient for spending than fiat money. It works only if you buy illegal (drugs) or barely legal (webcam girl show) stuff. All the other things are better to purchase with VISA or Paypal, because they protect customers. In Bitcoin et al. it's merchants who are protected. The case is different if customer = machine, because they can't buy stuff with "paper" money.

I agree, the other issue is that people love to say bitcoin is much cheaper than paypal etc due to lower fees during transmission but the they forget to factor in the buy/sell spread. On localbitcoin for example it is around 7%

The only reason people feel secure in BTC is the ease of exit to Fiat, not the ability to spend it anywhere, which people really don't do. Consumers drive markets, which is why OB will fail, it caters to the seller as a better way to make money (no fees) but offers no advantage to the buyer. BTC as it is will not succeed as a currency beyond dark markets, but may succeed as a store of value. Iota is targeting an entirely different market and not pretending to be money.

People will look back on POW in years from now as a very antiquated, wasteful and centralized protocol. BTC is being run by a handful of people, both from core development and mining.

legendary
May 10, 2016, 12:39:46 PM

legendary
Activity: 1540
Merit: 1000
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
May 08, 2016, 12:24:11 PM

legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1009
May 08, 2016, 06:28:00 AM
because they feel more secure with the BTC, because they can spend it.

legendary
Activity: 1050
May 08, 2016, 05:44:41 AM
Maybe some BTC-Holder says: This coin is nice and has awesome features, I will buy it.
But that means, he will exchange a few of his BTC into that coin. Not Fiat, no! Only BTC (or maybe some other coins that are more useless at that time)!

And he will always have more trust in BTC, because he can use it on way more places. So he will only spend a fraction of his BTC.
And wether it will go up or down (and mostly it went down). Most of those guys will sell it sooner or later, because they feel more secure with the BTC, because they can spend it.
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
May 07, 2016, 05:43:18 PM
what is ICO price?
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3346
Merit: 1530
May 06, 2016, 03:25:40 PM
If you are still interesting to buy a little stake of IOTA then you could contact me. I am selling a small amount. I prefer to use a honest escrow from the board. So, contact me if you are interested. Price is close to the current market price.

hello, the ICO is over?
Activity: 504
Merit: 250
May 05, 2016, 06:52:51 PM
These coin is scam Huh

These.. yeah, you might want to go back to school.
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
May 05, 2016, 03:59:11 PM
legendary
May 05, 2016, 03:39:59 PM
These coin is scam Huh

You literally have nothing to add in any of your illiterate posts.
legendary
Activity: 1540
May 05, 2016, 09:51:08 AM
These coin is scam Huh
No comment!!  Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2408
May 05, 2016, 09:41:16 AM
These coin is scam Huh
legendary