Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA is the next big thing - page 24. (Read 45393 times)

Activity: 182
Merit: 10
May 04, 2018, 08:48:08 AM
I bought IOTA when price was 4.5$, but I will never sell this coin, it seems that only this coin has bright future and could be useful.

I bought it for less than $0.50 and still holding them.

me too same.

i am relly believing iotas projects.
i boutgy it in early septembers and it made me really very happy.

same as kin
And imagine that you buy IOTA for the ICO price. Now you will be a millionaire, because the price was only around $0.0001798865 per MIOTA!!!
Activity: 728
Merit: 263
May 04, 2018, 07:29:26 AM
I bought IOTA when price was 4.5$, but I will never sell this coin, it seems that only this coin has bright future and could be useful.

me too same.

i am relly believing iotas projects.
i boutgy it in early septembers and it made me really very happy.

same as kin
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
May 04, 2018, 06:09:27 AM
IOTA is in my top list, moreover Sweden is going to apply IOTA technology for creation of own crypto, so this positive news can lead to future growth. The only thing I don't like is 81 character secret phrase. just remember, 1 year ago something like 4 millions were stollen because people used online generators for secret phrase.

E-krona has yet to be decided, there are a few finalist, so IOTA may or may not be the winner.

If you are using an unknown seed generator to create a seed, that's your own fault. It's no different than asking a stranger on the street to assign you a vault combo. Luckily, Trinity will generate seeds, so even noobs won't suffer at their own bad decisions.

The reason the IF didn't put a seed generator in the original wallet was simple, they didn't want to be culpable if the seed generator could be exploited and they didn't want to spend the time auditing it. They only created a wallet after the community demanded it and they were very clear that it would be bare bones and users would have to practice due diligence. I'm sorry people lost money, but the IF's goal was never to get bogged down in wallets or other P2P issues, the goal of the IF has always been to establish IOTA as an IOT standard--it's that focus that led to it being one of the finalist of E-krona and partnerships with Fujitsu, Bosch and VW, so it wasn't like they were wrong. And while I wish they hadn't released a wallet (basically, stuck with the original plan) or had only issued a CLI, a wallet  that's unusable by noobs, (like Monero's early official wallets) it's a case of hind sight being 20/20 and those taking advantage of the situation by piling on weren't saying anything until it was revealed that people were using phishing sites, so their clairvoyance was no better than the IOTA foundation, or if they knew, they didn't care enough to say a damn word--either way, I know politicizing other's misfortunes when I see it.
Activity: 672
Merit: 251
May 04, 2018, 05:59:33 AM
IOTA is in my top list, moreover Sweden is going to apply IOTA technology for creation of own crypto, so this positive news can lead to future growth. The only thing I don't like is 81 character secret phrase. just remember, 1 year ago something like 4 millions were stollen because people used online generators for secret phrase.
Activity: 113
Merit: 0
May 04, 2018, 05:29:42 AM
WOW, Q is looking amazing. This will be a good year for IOTA
legendary
May 04, 2018, 05:17:28 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=7041&v=xWAxgO85QxU

Developer creates P2P video streaming using just IOTA network (no internet). AFAIK this translates into other P2P use cases such as chat, settlement layer, etc....
Activity: 756
Merit: 268
May 03, 2018, 08:20:19 PM
Oracles (money for data)
Smart contracts
Exchanges of currencies
Outsourced computation

... that's simply awesome. looking forward to June.

Wow, the leaked rumours about the infamous Q project are quite amazing, I wonder if over this next month before the details are released in full we see a last ditch attempt by Matthew Green and friends to troll IOTA with everything they've got before it finally becomes obvious to everyone not following the cryptosphere 24/7 that IOTA is something BIG, not just another crypto project with potential.

I expect May to bring out every allegation and FUD possible by those who stand to lose, especially those who staked their reputations on IOTA being 'broken' - should be better than MMA cage fighting.
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
May 03, 2018, 02:49:32 PM
Positive news about IOTA keeps coming. I believe that this year will be good for IOTA. The project is already strong. The market is going well. I think it's worth investing.Of course I also invested. I am looking forward to my winnings in 2019
Activity: 116
Merit: 36
May 03, 2018, 01:17:19 PM
Oracles (money for data)
Smart contracts
Exchanges of currencies
Outsourced computation

... that's simply awesome. looking forward to June.
Activity: 1400
Merit: 536
May 03, 2018, 12:23:33 PM
Iota makes it very easy to restore itself, only a dollar a week ago. Everyone says that iota is unnecessary, but I think it's always important investments.
Activity: 66
Merit: 50
May 03, 2018, 11:55:30 AM
Awesome! I'm really excited about it.
legendary
May 03, 2018, 10:16:38 AM
https://qubic.iota.org/

Q

From David on Discord:

Qubic, with origins stretching all the way back to CFB's early musings of it on BTT in 2012 and numerous people's intensive R&D in Jinn Labs since 2014, the elusive Q has officially began its unveiling and is hereby verified. Qubic is a project we have been working on for quite a while internally in the IOTA Foundation and is one of our main priorities for 2018 and 2019. Details will remain scarce until the date revealed on the website, when a lot more material, specifications and further information surrounding the uniQueness of Qubic will be made available. For now, in brief: Qubic enables Smart Contracts, Oracles, Outsourced Computing and lots more. Qubic, using IOTA as a backbone, will be the foundation of plenty more projects that we have in motion already, but more importantly, it will be a platform for the greater community and ecosystem to create things we can't even imagine yet. Finally, while we share your enthusiasm and excitement about this pivotal project, please, do not pester Eric, Paul, CFB, Sam or any of the others in IF that you have identified as working on this project, they will not reveal any further details until the date displayed on the website. When Q? What Q? Now you have a better idea.
legendary
klf
legendary
Activity: 1344
Merit: 1000
May 03, 2018, 05:52:49 AM

Activity: 994
Merit: 500
May 03, 2018, 04:58:27 AM
Nice to see this kind of great news! Price will go up again and everytime when new exchange is coming.
legendary
Activity: 182
Merit: 10
May 03, 2018, 04:43:33 AM
legendary
legendary
May 02, 2018, 12:13:45 PM

The panelists include the IMFs Deputy Managing Director, and it looks like Julie is representing the IOTA Foundation in this session.

legendary
May 02, 2018, 09:21:30 AM
https://techcrunch.com/2018/05/02/the-mobility-open-blockchain-initiative-bmw-gm-ford-renault/

MOBI — the Mobility Open Blockchain Initiative — launches today with over 30 founding members that also include Bosch, Blockchain at Berkeley, Hyperledger, Fetch.ai, IBM and IOTA. The group has a fairly broad goal of making transportation “safer, more affordable, and more widely accessible using blockchain technology.

Conviently, coindesk left IOTA off the list in their coverage.
Pages:
Jump to: