Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA is the next big thing - page 27. (Read 45394 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
legendary
April 25, 2018, 05:19:44 AM
bought  a  little  bit og IOTa, the price  is tanking

People  really  HATE  this coin.  They  hurry  up selling  it  after a  pump.    Just Hope  they  will regret  in 2023  when probably IOT  will  be all around us

I  just  hope that  IOTA will be  able to fix the  HUGE  ammount of  vulnerabilitie  which  it's.  

I  don't  know. I  have an internal  feeling that  this coin will be  big,  but  now , at this moment, the market targets  it  as ''Totally shit''

Probably  there  is no confidence  about ''Da Tangle''... because  it's  too  good to be true and when  somenthing  is too  good  to be true maybe it's not

A lot of supposition on your part, but that's come to be expected. If you love or hate an investment, you are doing it wrong--though I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are doing it wrong. Doing it wrong leads to FOMO which is the most powerful emotion a human can feel, even more powerful than love or hate (my guess is the combination of envy, fear and greed is too much for the average speculator).

At the end of the day, either IOTA becomes a global standard or it doesn't. Like internet protocals, most everyone that uses a standard has no idea how that standard works, let alone feelings towards the developers who created it. IOTA will get to a trillion+ dollar market cap because that's the liquidity required of a global IOT standard--no one really cares if crypto speculators get rewarded for figuring it out faster than the industry that will depend on this standard.

I actually posted this in another thread but since I already did the small research and it fits here:

"The number of IoT connected devices is currently at 23.14 billion. 2025 it will be at approx. 75.44 billion. Yep, looked it up.
IF Iota manages to somehow be the one currency that is used for M2M payments, this what we have a the moment is a joke.
Revenue for M2M payments in 2020 is forecasted to be at approx. $65 billion USD and growing. In 2025? No idea, probably much much more."

Iota is just so far ahead of others, that's a huge advantage. So is a market cap of $ 1 trillion USD possible if they succeed? Absolutely.

Most estimates for IOT in the next decade+ are in the 10-35 trillion range (though some outliers are much lower/higher). One of the things hindering IOT development is that data isn't being utilized, so IOTA serves as a key compnent in securing and monetizing data, which will help speed up the development of IOT, which is the win/win reciprocity you want to see in an emerging technology.

Don't want to add to your research workload, but here's a good collection of IOT related research that Forbes put together: https://www.forbes.com/sites/louiscolumbus/2017/12/10/2017-roundup-of-internet-of-things-forecasts/#68155bf31480

Of Forbes' citations, this one goes deeper into long term predictions. It's on the conservative side, but fits into the 10-35 trillion range that I usually see (at least the high-end figure does): https://www.mckinsey.com/industries/semiconductors/our-insights/whats-new-with-the-internet-of-things

I've always thought that 10% of the total IOT market was a conservative number for IOTA's marketcap, but would love to see a more technical argument as to why that's true/false or over/under. I've thought about researching it further, but I can't find a firm basis as nothing is similar (internet protocals are technically similar, but aren't monetized), and the liquidity needed to support data transference in IOT doesn't have existing numbers to correlate with future estimates--and though that wouldn't be the only use, it does seem the biggest/most obvious.

Activity: 196
Merit: 10
April 25, 2018, 04:50:07 AM

People  really  HATE  this coin.  They  hurry  up selling  it  after a  pump.    Just Hope  they  will regret  in 2023  when probably IOT  will  be all around us

I  just  hope that  IOTA will be  able to fix the  HUGE  ammount of  vulnerabilitie  which  it's.  

I  don't  know. I  have an internal  feeling that  this coin will be  big,  but  now , at this moment, the market targets  it  as ''Totally shit''

Probably  there  is no confidence  about ''Da Tangle''... because  it's  too  good to be true and when  somenthing  is too  good  to be true maybe it's not

A lot of supposition on your part, but that's come to be expected. If you love or hate an investment, you are doing it wrong--though I wouldn't be surprised if a lot of people are doing it wrong. Doing it wrong leads to FOMO which is the most powerful emotion a human can feel, even more powerful than love or hate (my guess is the combination of envy, fear and greed is too much for the average speculator).

At the end of the day, either IOTA becomes a global standard or it doesn't. Like internet protocals, most everyone that uses a standard has no idea how that standard works, let alone feelings towards the developers who created it. IOTA will get to a trillion+ dollar market cap because that's the liquidity required of a global IOT standard--no one really cares if crypto speculators get rewarded for figuring it out faster than the industry that will depend on this standard.

I actually posted this in another thread but since I already did the small research and it fits here:

"The number of IoT connected devices is currently at 23.14 billion. 2025 it will be at approx. 75.44 billion. Yep, looked it up.
IF Iota manages to somehow be the one currency that is used for M2M payments, this what we have a the moment is a joke.
Revenue for M2M payments in 2020 is forecasted to be at approx. $65 billion USD and growing. In 2025? No idea, probably much much more."

Iota is just so far ahead of others, that's a huge advantage. So is a market cap of $ 1 trillion USD possible if they succeed? Absolutely.

legendary
April 25, 2018, 03:34:29 AM

Activity: 798
Merit: 502
April 25, 2018, 02:21:10 AM

IOTA is one of the coin that deserves to be long hold, great technology and awesome team in a couple of years this coin will skyrocket and you will thank yourself for choosing this coin.
Activity: 204
Merit: 0
April 24, 2018, 09:03:18 PM

legendary
April 24, 2018, 06:29:26 PM

Nice addition to Fujitsu DE's twitter Bio.

When  will be the Trinity wallet  released?

It's in alpha testing with a security audit being done, so beta testing should start once the security audit is finished--short answer soontm.

Sooner
legendary
April 24, 2018, 05:19:44 PM
Dom buying a drink with IOTA at the DCX.Technology stand: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kRbZZCyXw2o
Activity: 504
Merit: 12
April 24, 2018, 09:46:55 AM
Investing in the direction of the research findings or not doing it is always your own decision to invest with someone else's idea is not very accurate.
legendary
April 24, 2018, 09:43:38 AM

Good article on Fujitsu making the case for IOTA to be the industry standard for IOT. If you want  to understand why IOTA's founders eschew being a P2P network (user friendly wallets) and focus on industrial use cases, you should read this article:  https://www.finder.com.au/fujitsu-showcases-iota-cryptocurrency-as-new-automation-standard
Activity: 211
Merit: 100
April 24, 2018, 08:10:00 AM
IOTA created its hype on december 2017 and january 2018. But then the trend went down in flames. After it, we saw a bear market on cryptocurrencies. This also didn't let IOTA to shine once again.

My expectation is still big from IOTA, let's wait and see this.
legendary
April 24, 2018, 07:24:24 AM

It's in alpha testing with a security audit being done, so beta testing should start once the security audit is finished--short answer soontm.
Activity: 204
April 24, 2018, 06:45:07 AM
https://i.imgur.com/Ap5434rl.jpg

Activity: 196
April 24, 2018, 04:33:23 AM

Nice! Somehow I have the feeling that people underestimate what it means that such big companies are positive about IOTA. Iota will be huge the upcoming years!

Yeah and when people then tell me: "Ah, Iota is already so big, huge market cap etc. blabla." Sure, but I think this is nothing yet. It really seems like Iota will be the worldwide used M2M-currency in the future, as it looks for now. Then this is just the beginning, if even. This could actually easily surpass Ethereum with real life usage and adoption. Probably even much more but I don't want to speculate too much.
Activity: 66
Merit: 50
April 24, 2018, 04:14:59 AM

Nice! Somehow I have the feeling that people underestimate what it means that such big companies are positive about IOTA. Iota will be huge the upcoming years!
legendary
April 24, 2018, 03:51:12 AM

legendary
April 23, 2018, 07:40:06 PM
Biilabs is using IOTA to privatize data on Taiwan's social media platform PTT (10 million users): https://technode.com/2018/04/23/put-fighting-for-data-justice/
Activity: 308
April 23, 2018, 02:49:17 PM
I read an article that IOTA as an idea the project is great, but it's not working at the moment. And there are many nuances that do not allow to realize these technologies
Activity: 350
Merit: 100
April 23, 2018, 02:49:09 PM
I don't doubt that IOTA is a potential competitor of Bitcoin in the future. Thanks to own IOTA technology can solve the problems connected with Bitcoin. Let will invest in him big profit now in 2018.
Activity: 266
April 23, 2018, 02:42:18 PM
Obviously IOTA is the high-value coin in the market we can expect iota to reach 5 times growth this year alone their developing team are putting all efforts for innovative projects
Pages:
Jump to: