Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA is the next big thing - page 29. (Read 45394 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 0
April 20, 2018, 03:15:03 PM
I used to believe in the coin of IOTA, but recently IOTA has lost much of its price and I lost my hopes. I sold all the coins, losing about 700 dollars.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Activity: 116
Merit: 36
April 20, 2018, 02:16:22 PM
I think IOTA has a serious potential with the idea of ​​the project, but I think it is a little behind other tokens because it is not possible to put a product that works clearly. With the widespread use of intelligent devices connected to the internet, it will find a serious market for itself
Yes but there is not a wallet for IOTA yet, i don't feel safe without having my coins on my hardware wallet. Its strange
What's this https://github.com/iotaledger/wallet/releases? A secure and official wallet. Use https://field.carriota.com:443 as your node and you're ready to go.
Activity: 196
Merit: 7
April 20, 2018, 01:52:49 PM
I think IOTA has a serious potential with the idea of ​​the project, but I think it is a little behind other tokens because it is not possible to put a product that works clearly. With the widespread use of intelligent devices connected to the internet, it will find a serious market for itself
Yes but there is not a wallet for IOTA yet, i don't feel safe without having my coins on my hardware wallet. Its strange
legendary
April 20, 2018, 09:28:07 AM
Just tried to use IOTA wallet a couple of time and if you don't get stress, then maybe the coin worth the hype.

I never used a wallet so poor. Really. And i'm a true shitcoiner, this is the by far the crapiest wallet I ever used. They really need to improve this in order to make any sense the current market cap.

You should have tried using Monero's official CLI wallet, noobs wouldn't even bother. For the longest time I had correct them when they claimed the coin was shit because of the wallet. But guess what happened when new wallets appeared? Some of us get in before the noobs figure out what's goin on, and my guess, is that's why the smart money is on IOTA.

Evolution of tech:

1. Early process where the developers are trying to make the tech stable. Noobs bitch about usability.

2. Tech is stable and wallets abound (notice this list is specific to crypto)--"Yeah!" Noobs rejoice.

3. A bunch of developers see the money that the new tech is making and start copy/pasing everything. Noobs read this as, "Look how easy it is to develop new technology!"

4. Early process of an atcual new technology--developers are trying to make the tech stable. Noobs bitch about usability....

*You can also throw in some glitches that the noobs weren't around to see in previous itterations and the old guard conviently forget because they are more worried about their bags than being fair and honest.

Can you tell  me  why  don't  you see  in CPC-Chain a  competitor?

I have  red  that  ITC (IOT chain) will have  fees, so  this  will make  it  unfeaseble  for IOT  (I think),  but  CPC chain scales  horizontallly  

Never heard of it. You should look on their site if you want to research it, then cross-reference their claims with agnostic data. I generally find that the better the project, the more you learn about what users in that sector want, as the project was created to fill a need, rather than to just wow speculators.

Just tried to use IOTA wallet a couple of time and if you don't get stress, then maybe the coin worth the hype.

I never used a wallet so poor. Really. And i'm a true shitcoiner, this is the by far the crapiest wallet I ever used. They really need to improve this in order to make any sense the current market cap.

You should have tried using Monero's official CLI wallet, noobs wouldn't even bother. For the longest time I had correct them when they claimed the coin was shit because of the wallet. But guess what happened when new wallets appeared? Some of us get in before the noobs figure out what's goin on, and my guess, is that's why the smart money is on IOTA.

Evolution of tech:

1. Early process where the developers are trying to make the tech stable. Noobs bitch about usability.

2. Tech is stable and wallets abound (notice this list is specific to crypto)--"Yeah!" Noobs rejoice.

3. A bunch of developers see the money that the new tech is making and start copy/pasing everything. Noobs read this as, "Look how easy it is to develop new technology!"

4. Early process of an atcual new technology--developers are trying to make the tech stable. Noobs bitch about usability....

*You can also throw in some glitches that the noobs weren't around to see in previous itterations and the old guard conviently forget because they are more worried about their bags than being fair and honest.

You may have a point, but i still desagree.

IOTA is already on top10 with ~5billion marketcap with this crap wallet. We are probably not going to see any "moon" here, different of monero (by the time you are talking about) and either other coins with potential and low-medium market cap.

This "before" in IOTA already happened a considerable time ago.

As far as mooning, the needs of IOT are what will raise the price--I wasn't suggesting that only the wallet would substantially raise the price. Even with Monero, it was a gradual increase once more user friendly wallets were released (along with other improvents). It's a barrier for a certain type of investor/specualtor who only evaluates what he/she can see and doesn't have a good grasp of software development.
Activity: 546
Merit: 100
April 20, 2018, 09:03:19 AM
Activity: 728
Merit: 251
April 20, 2018, 07:39:05 AM
Yes IOTA catched my eye last year and it is really good project. The speed that IOTA can produce with zero fees is amazing. I bealived that the price will be higher in this year so I bought it a lot but the price just doesn't
want to go up, people just don't want to buy it and i really don't know why. I am in loss so far...
legendary
April 20, 2018, 07:19:08 AM
In my opinion the cryptos with the highest potential are "mother-coins", alternate blockchains (Directed Acyclic Graph); and platforms for smart contract development. I see BTC, ETH, XRP, NEO, and IOTA being in the future top 5 consistently. The only thing that makes me skeptical of IOTA's potential to rise far more than it already has is it's supply. There's basically 200x more of them than BTC and it's market cap is already 1/25th of BTC.

I'll disagree on two points. There needs to be digital cash in the world (blackmarkets, untaxed income, corruption, finacial privacy*) and Monero is the best digital cash that we currently have. Second,  IOTA doesn't have a decimal point (which makes its smallest unit comparable with BTC's Satoshis, which are a good base for microtransactions), so it needs to grow to handle the demands of the IOT (liquidity is a thing), which is estimated in the tens of trillions of dollars in the next decades.

*These markets are in the trillions and they are only going to get more digital as time goes on.
Activity: 47
April 20, 2018, 05:52:57 AM
In my opinion the cryptos with the highest potential are "mother-coins", alternate blockchains (Directed Acyclic Graph); and platforms for smart contract development. I see BTC, ETH, XRP, NEO, and IOTA being in the future top 5 consistently. The only thing that makes me skeptical of IOTA's potential to rise far more than it already has is it's supply. There's basically 200x more of them than BTC and it's market cap is already 1/25th of BTC.
legendary
April 20, 2018, 05:36:30 AM
This is most likely the IOTA POCs that Fujitsu will be unveiling at Hannover Messe. The nodes are especially interesting as that lends credibility to the contention that businesses and governments would be using their own nodes to secure IOT tx (though it's only one corporation's POC, it would make sense to make sure their tx aren't subject to outside interference).

https://twitter.com/kaipasing/status/987019416352280577

Activity: 639
Merit: 251
April 20, 2018, 05:26:55 AM
IOTA is a good and strong project.
And the most important thing that it is a project from China and this country already gave us many high-quality coins.
The only thing that can scare the market is that China doesn't have a certain attitude towards crypto yet.

It will only be a matter of time. IOTA will be very good coin, like other coins from China.

We must only wait for this, for something what will be sure
Activity: 204
April 20, 2018, 05:17:20 AM

Evolution of tech:

Can you tell  me  why  don't  you see  in CPC-Chain a  competitor?

I have  red  that  ITC (IOT chain) will have  fees, so  this  will make  it  unfeaseble  for IOT  (I think),  but  CPC chain scales  horizontallly 

legendary
April 19, 2018, 11:35:53 PM

Evolution of tech:

April 19, 2018, 08:50:19 PM

What  do you think about  CPCchain?  They scale  horizontaly the same like IOTA

What  do you  think about  Radix?

Those   two  will  overtake IOTA
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
April 19, 2018, 04:09:01 PM
I am sure that this is an excellent and very promising project. It seems to me that this coin will bring great profit in a few months. I like the idea of this project.
Activity: 266
Merit: 279
April 19, 2018, 04:05:06 PM
Great presentation on how the technology landscape will change as IOT becomes ubiquitous in our lives and how DLTs will need to adapt to the demands. Presenter: Terry Shane, Founder of the bIOTAsphere in Toronto, and CEO of Refined Data Solutions.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0KDRc23Vj7w
April 19, 2018, 03:54:18 PM

IOT  CHAIN  is   ERC20  for  the  moment.   It  will have its  own network.

It  has  BFT  consensous,  which is  SECURE

A  word  that the  TANGLE  does  not  know  ''SECURITY''

It's  because is   a  tecnlogy  on its  infancy, so it  is  unsecure  by definition, full of  bugs,  vulnerabilities

At the first attak on the network, IOTA  will probably lose all its  value  the same as it happened  Nano

Iot chain has  BFT consensus, this means  that the security and  privacy is  a must

IOT chain will also  utilize  DAG   plus  BFT consensous
legendary
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1671
#birdgang
April 19, 2018, 07:52:50 AM
The peaq project, a portal into the token economy built on IOTA: https://medium.com/advanced-blockchain/the-peaq-project-81d8fe0f1eb

Lets see how this works out Smiley
legendary
April 19, 2018, 03:59:33 AM
DCX.TECHNOLOGY is presenting an IOTA POC @ Hannover Messe. DCX.TECHNOLOGY is "the world’s leading independent, end-to-end IT services company. With $25 billion in annual revenues and nearly 6,000 clients in more than 70 countries..."  Taken from: http://www.dxc.technology/about_us/ds/140019-our_history .

More comprehensive article translated: https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.finanznachrichten.de%2Fnachrichten-2018-04%2F43568021-industrie-4-0-mit-blockchain-sicher-machen-iota-und-dxc-technology-zeigen-live-demo-auf-der-hannover-messe-007.htm&edit-text=&act=url

Tweet from their German media: https://twitter.com/DXCdach/status/986582632258404353

Pages:
Jump to: