Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA is the next big thing - page 33. (Read 45394 times)

Activity: 266
Merit: 279
April 15, 2018, 07:20:38 PM
IOTA is a great project and yeah it will be a big thing however as trends go I think it is safe to say there is not going to be a major pump soon. There was 9minth gap between the two previous major alt pumps so its going to be while before any major movement. Just sit back and relax no rush at all.
Activity: 204
Merit: 0
April 15, 2018, 06:39:17 PM

New website is live: https://www.iota.org/

Are you excpecting a  price per coin of  360$ ?

Are you sure?

Based on what?   Even  if  IOT   would adopt IOTA  tecno (A BIG IF  and  A  BIG BET)  how can you  esxpect  a price like that   WITH  2  BILLLIONS  TOKENS?

April 15, 2018, 06:37:03 PM

This  guy   talks  about IOTA, concerns and ternary processor

https://hackernoon.com/why-i-find-iota-deeply-alarming-934f1908194b
https://hackernoon.com/iota-the-currency-of-skynet-281b6abaec5

One of the first things you learn on investigating Iota further is that it uses balanced ternary, a numeral system with 3 digits, -1, 0 and 1. The authors have various arguments as to why they made this decision, but they come down to two main ones:

Ternary processors are theoretically more efficient than binary processors.
    Certain mathematical constructs are more cleanly represented in balanced ternary.

Unfortunately, neither of these are relevant in a practical system. Iota is by necessity built to run on existing hardware, which is exclusively binary, as are the communication networks it uses. As a result, all of its internal ternary notation has to be encapsulated in binary, resulting in significant storage and computational overhead. Math must either be performed on individual ‘trits’ or first converted from binary-wrapped-ternary encoding into the machine’s native number representation, and back again afterwards — in either case imposing a large computational overhead.

Likewise, the theoretical benefits of a balanced ternary notation, such as not needing a sign bit, are more than outweighed by the practical disadvantages, since every processor Iota will run on is already equipped to perform math on twos-complement numbers, but requires software emulation to operate on balanced ternary.

This combination of not invented here syndrome and the Dunning-Kruger effect has led to a situation where the authors of Iota have decided that their affection for the tidyness of balanced ternary must outweigh all practical considerations in system design, and leads to a syst
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
April 15, 2018, 06:25:30 PM

New website is live: https://www.iota.org/

legendary
April 15, 2018, 05:44:34 PM

there are so many good news for IOTA, but i can not forget the wallet hacking in some month ago. so i never invest on this coin i lost some of my asets becuase that hacking. there are so many other coins and i can trust BTC.

I think you are confusing people who used phishing sites to create seeds with a hack--IOTA was never hacked.
h55
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
April 15, 2018, 05:39:26 PM
legendary
April 15, 2018, 04:49:19 PM
why  do the price  should  increase?   What's  your point  of  wiev?  Only because of  speculation? From where  will come the demand  for this  coin?
From nerds? Not  from the avearege joe

There is not a wallet for IOTA yet, i don't feel safe without having them on my hardware wallet.

In fact, i do not hold any coins that can not be in a hardware wallet. If they have other protocol, i don't storage them because of my own safety.

IOTA   a  coin which  doesn't  even get a  wallet  after 4 years of  development

Monero still hasn't gotten one either, so not sure what your point is. In fact they are on track to introduce ledger at about the same time. The issue with both coins is that they aren't copy/pastes of BTC or ETH and that it's a technical PITA for ledger/trezor to implement them--both Monero and IOTA have been helping ledger with the process.
April 15, 2018, 04:45:12 PM
why  do the price  should  increase?   What's  your point  of  wiev?  Only because of  speculation? From where  will come the demand  for this  coin?

There is not a wallet for IOTA yet, i don't feel safe without having them on my hardware wallet.

In fact, i do not hold any coins that can not be in a hardware wallet. If they have other protocol, i don't storage them because of my own safety.

IOTA   a  coin which  doesn't  even get a  wallet  after 4 years of  development

Activity: 650
Merit: 500
April 15, 2018, 03:00:55 PM

legendary
April 15, 2018, 02:42:48 PM

They're trying to create the backbone of the IOT--that's the demand.
April 15, 2018, 01:22:44 PM

April 15, 2018, 01:22:04 PM

The network  doesn't  work at the moment  without  coordinator,   So  this is  a big bet   with an high risk  of losing all the money if the tecnology  won't  work.
Also  Hashgraph  has  its tangle  tecnology  which  could be  a    better competitor,  also beacause  a lot  of big Companies have invested in Hasgraph.
IOTA  has  a   2  billions  coins... ahaha   even if it succeeded  where   do you think  the price  can go? Aahah  5$

Are you buying or something? You seem real anxious to throw any shit against the wall you can. But if we're being honest, I'd rather bet with Bosch and against a guy who doesn't even know what a node is.

My long term outlook is a trillion in marketcap (~360). That would be indicative that they reached their goal of becoming the protocol layer of the IOT--in fact, that's likely low if that goal is reached. It may crash and burn, but you're not going to find a better value proposition in crypto (at least not near term*).

*This obviously counts out small cap pump and dumps.

I have bought  IOTA at 35 cent,  sold at 1$ and  I  am thinking  about  buying   again but with a larger stake.

Obviously  based on all    I  have red  on internet  about this project  I don't feel so   confident

why  do the price  should  increase?   What's  your point  of  wiev?  Only because of  speculation? From where  will come the demand  for this  coin?
From nerds? Not  from the avearege joe

legendary
April 15, 2018, 11:59:54 AM

The network  doesn't  work at the moment  without  coordinator,   So  this is  a big bet   with an high risk  of losing all the money if the tecnology  won't  work.
Also  Hashgraph  has  its tangle  tecnology  which  could be  a    better competitor,  also beacause  a lot  of big Companies have invested in Hasgraph.
IOTA  has  a   2  billions  coins... ahaha   even if it succeeded  where   do you think  the price  can go? Aahah  5$

Are you buying or something? You seem real anxious to throw any shit against the wall you can. But if we're being honest, I'd rather bet with Bosch and against a guy who doesn't even know what a node is.

My long term outlook is a trillion in marketcap (~360). That would be indicative that they reached their goal of becoming the protocol layer of the IOT--in fact, that's likely low if that goal is reached. It may crash and burn, but you're not going to find a better value proposition in crypto (at least not near term*).

*This obviously counts out small cap pump and dumps.
April 15, 2018, 11:49:16 AM

Activity: 116
Merit: 36
April 15, 2018, 11:11:21 AM
Nice, tonight new website, which marks the start of a new phase for IOTA. Maturity.

Lots of good news coming months. Ecosystem website launch, IXI Hub, Trinity wallet, Q!
Let the real world adoption begin.
legendary
April 14, 2018, 11:33:39 PM

Good news--new website coming tomorrow and a bunch of companies presenting usecases @ Messe

Activity: 210
Merit: 10
April 14, 2018, 06:50:33 PM
I think I will buy IOTA. But I have Ethereum in my hand and I will have to cash it. That's where I'm undecided. I trust Ethereum very much, I do not have much to do. Undecided. Also i know that IOTA will hit 30 k satoshis.
Activity: 49
April 14, 2018, 06:10:27 PM
The Iota foundation is adding so many smart people to their team. This is awesome!
legendary
April 14, 2018, 11:25:21 AM
this dumb assertion by copy/pasting BTC and ETH wallets--actual new technologies can't do this, so it's a backwards indicator for many speculators).

What   do you think about IOTA full-node?

I have heard  about them but I still can't figure out  why we are going to need them?

Basically IOTA  is  POWless so  why  there is the need  of  running some  Full nodes?

Miners do POW--IOTA doesn't have miners--though there is a trivial amount of POW that's done at the time of a tx.

Nodes are the ones communicating the data. If you are using a wallet, you have to connect to a node to interact with the network. AFAIK, every computer network has nodes.  

I have  heard  IOTA  full nodes  and swarm  nodes

I am just asking  to you  what are they, cause  I can't  find  a  detailed  answer in internet

I have to say that  the  tecnlogy  is fascinating  tought.

I can   see IOTA  fundation at  40/50$  per  coin in 2024  or  somenthing near it  if  the  tecnology   is ok  and  worked   (IF)

A definition for any coin's light and full node would apply, but this is from IOTA's Stack Exchange: https://iota.stackexchange.com/questions/411/what-is-the-difference-between-a-light-node-and-a-full-node-gui-wallet

Swarm nodes are not implemented yet, but here's some details: https://iota.stackexchange.com/questions/190/what-are-swarm-nodes-what-is-their-role-in-the-network
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
April 14, 2018, 11:23:59 AM
big correctional expected https://www.coingecko.com/en/coins/iota
Pages:
Jump to: