Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA is the next big thing - page 70. (Read 45393 times)

Activity: 700
Merit: 108
November 25, 2017, 04:40:58 AM
In my opinion, I don't think that I will choose IOTA for my portfolio now. Its price is a peak now. It will decline soon

price swing up and down as always, the reason why IOTA could be capped right now is total market capitalization in my opinion since it is already on top 10 (or close to it) and there is no big room for growth unless bitcoin and other top move a lot higher
Activity: 493
Merit: 551
November 25, 2017, 03:53:37 AM
IOTA has hired Cybercrypt to help them auditing and improving the cryptography behind IOTA: https://blog.iota.org/iota-foundation-hires-cybercrypt-615d2df79001

CYBERCRYPT’s founder Andrey Bogdanov has co-designed such prominent lightweight cryptographic algorithms as PRESENT and SPONGENT — both internationally standardized by ISO/IEC. SPONGENT is a leading lightweight hash function in the sponge family that Curl also belongs to. PRESENT is considered the lightweight cryptographic primitive with more than 1500 citations.

This just shows how professional the approach of the IOTA foundation is.
With the freeing up of several tens of millions of USD donations, they have also the financial basis to vastly expand their developer team.
Activity: 629
November 21, 2017, 03:26:58 PM
IOTA will be a really big thing in future. As the developer Sonstebo told before that there will be amazing news and we only know 10 % of it at the moment. The partnership with BOSCH shows us that there will be other very known partners.

At the moment there is a new partnership with Sopra Steria. An european IT-Group for management and technology consulting.
Together they will built up a new framework to optimize the secure of IOT-applications against like Denial-of-Service-Attacks (DOS).
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
November 21, 2017, 03:19:58 PM
In my opinion, I don't think that I will choose IOTA for my portfolio now. Its price is a peak now. It will decline soon
legendary
Activity: 3262
Merit: 8492
icarus-cards.eu
November 21, 2017, 03:07:03 PM
Thanks for this thread, you've built up my confidence OP Smiley
I have already invested in IOTA and will probably buy on dips some more.

Good decision! with IOTA you dont do anything wrong. I think that 2018 will be a very successful year for this coin - believe me  Wink
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
November 21, 2017, 02:48:27 PM
Thanks for this thread, you've built up my confidence OP Smiley
I have already invested in IOTA and will probably buy on dips some more.
Activity: 3122
Merit: 672
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
November 21, 2017, 02:37:27 PM
So what is your longterm price target x30 or about $30usd?
Can someone really say ? Only the future can really tell if it would ever get up to that or not but there are huge chances for the coin anyway. Every coin have a chance to grow more than they are presently as long as they have a solid team and a good project backing which I believe IOTA is not exempted. So, there should still be great chances for this coin in the long run.
November 21, 2017, 02:31:31 PM
@TYZ and others, thanks guys, glad if you made some money listening to this call. But more important is that you now can hodl through fluctuations very relaxed. IOTA has the potential to be the top 1 market cap crypto. Smiley It can find a real world use case pretty fast and the use case would be gigantic. It solves a problem and will grow with the upcoming IoT hype.

Some offered me to pay me for calls, but just donate something for a good cause and I am fine and right now I dont have another good call, beside maybe Chainlink Wink , which still has a small market cap and could solve a huge problem. ETH, XMR, IOTA. Those 3 are my bets. I hold NEO too in case China decides to bet on their own network. And Chainlink. Thats it.

Yes I know that with Ivancheglo, but now he showed a cryptographic proof for beeing the inventor of PoS and thats nice.
Also interesting that Vitalik seems a little bit afraid to go into discussions with him. Cheesy
It is good to see such a mind on board of IOTA.
Activity: 159
Merit: 11
November 21, 2017, 02:30:45 PM
This is new Bittrex API code: {"Currency":"TROLL","CurrencyLong":"Bittrex Test Currency","MinConfirmation":1,"TxFee":0.00100000,"IsActive":false,"CoinType":"IOTA",
https://bittrex.com/api/v1.1/public/getcurrencies

So much about Bittrex not adding IOTA.  Grin Cheesy
what's that?
tyz
legendary
Activity: 3360
Merit: 1533
November 21, 2017, 01:50:30 PM
Congratulations for your opening post. I really enjoyed reading it. And I agree 100% to every aspect you covered and argued for.

Regarding CfB and PoS: As far as I know, he already admitted that he is BCNext the inventor of Nxt coin and PoS algorithm.
Look here https://gist.github.com/Come-from-Beyond/a84ab8615aac13a4543c786f9e35b84a

IOTA core member "come from beyond", Ivancheglo, could now show that he is the mysterious inventor of Proof of Stake 4 years ago.
The same POS, Vitalik will use for his Ethereum in the future, while he is bashing IOTA, which is ahead of its time.  Grin
Activity: 182
Merit: 12
November 21, 2017, 04:22:54 AM
I've heard so much about IOTA for months now. Good time to invest for long term HODL.
Activity: 533
Merit: 251
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
November 21, 2017, 03:57:53 AM
I do love IOTA SOO much but there are security concerns about it which I can't deny. I somekinda still prefer regular decentralized coins to iota. But if IOTA works, it will do greater than most with no fees ability.
Activity: 700
November 21, 2017, 03:33:55 AM
yes, bought quite a small amount three weeks ago and now is already 100%

unfortunately yesterday i cancelled a sell order at 0,26eth .. could have buy back this morning for a nice profit but still ...
Activity: 616
Merit: 167
November 21, 2017, 12:22:53 AM
Nice call on IOTA! It has more than doubled since your thread started less than a month ago!

I should keep tabs on next time you make a prediction, you've got a good track record so far Wink

I was mining zencash before its big jump, but missed the boat on IOTA. Got to keep your finger on the pulse in this market!
Activity: 1820
Merit: 537
November 21, 2017, 12:13:47 AM
I agree to the OP and this IOTA is the next big thing which is still undervalued nowadays it has a solid fundations with regards the developments that the team is doing. I see that it may take over to the TOP 10 crypto in the market this coming 2018.
Activity: 224
Merit: 100
November 20, 2017, 10:47:51 PM
Rayilblocks also  has  microtransactions and  zero fees... which  is the  difference  with IOTA?
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
November 20, 2017, 07:57:54 PM
2 years seems generous. AFAIK Bitcoin is already obsolete and has lowered itself to the "store of wealth," argument. The darkmarkets were its one use case and that is gone. The whole idea that everyone is going keep using an expensive and slow network because it has brand recognition  (or the good of all cryptodom) is absurd--my guess is it hits 10k to validate prognosticators and then continues the bleed into 40%, 30%, 20%... of total market cap.

Wait a second, BTC is not only 'store of value', but the most important - it's safe, bug-free as possible. If tech is delevoloping too fast you get the bugs like in ETH multi-sig wallets scenario. IOTA is a very nice concept of using graph and Winternitz 1t signatures, but I am not sure if it is robust or not. At the moment of course.

Good point, but if I want privacy, I'm using monero. And if I want security, I'm using my debit card. And if I want machine to machine transactions or microtransactions, I'll be using Iota. My point was that Bitcoin doesn't have a usecase other than trading for alts or as a store of value. The secure network only matters if I can't use a debitcard, and in most of those cases, there's a premium on privacy, so Bitcoin is a no go.
Activity: 168
Merit: 104
November 20, 2017, 07:10:02 PM
2 years seems generous. AFAIK Bitcoin is already obsolete and has lowered itself to the "store of wealth," argument. The darkmarkets were its one use case and that is gone. The whole idea that everyone is going keep using an expensive and slow network because it has brand recognition  (or the good of all cryptodom) is absurd--my guess is it hits 10k to validate prognosticators and then continues the bleed into 40%, 30%, 20%... of total market cap.

Wait a second, BTC is not only 'store of value', but the most important - it's safe, bug-free as possible. If tech is delevoloping too fast you get the bugs like in ETH multi-sig wallets scenario. IOTA is a very nice concept of using graph and Winternitz 1t signatures, but I am not sure if it is robust or not. At the moment of course.
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
November 20, 2017, 05:18:34 PM

+1.00  Smiley
November 20, 2017, 11:41:37 AM
IOTA core member "come from beyond", Ivancheglo, could now show that he is the mysterious inventor of Proof of Stake 4 years ago.
The same POS, Vitalik will use for his Ethereum in the future, while he is bashing IOTA, which is ahead of its time.  Grin
Pages:
Jump to: