Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA is the next big thing - page 73. (Read 45393 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 252
November 15, 2017, 04:10:54 PM
The price has risen so fast that after the BTC fork phase, the price was one of the fastest rising coins. Especially the local boards are not spoken much, but I see that you are talking a lot on the international platform. Even the technology is worth reading.
f80
Activity: 130
Merit: 11
November 15, 2017, 03:57:02 PM
I have bought IOTA long time ago unfortunately I'm not making any money yet.
Really hope people recognise the huge potential of IOTA Smiley
I also bought it and now waiting for my profit.

Same boat here  Roll Eyes Waiting for it to rise  Wink
Activity: 532
Merit: 103
November 15, 2017, 03:53:04 PM
I also bought it and now waiting for my profit.
Activity: 291
Merit: 105
November 15, 2017, 03:34:39 PM
Activity: 15
Merit: 0
November 15, 2017, 03:30:31 PM
Hi Everyone;

I scanned through the thread but didn't see this, but can anyone please tell me if and where a US Citizen can buy IOTA?  Or can't they? 

Thanks in advance for your responses.

Activity: 219
Merit: 101
November 14, 2017, 05:39:26 AM

During the past week market cap increased by almost 800M and then dropped by almost 200M within a very short time. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iota/#charts
Therefore we need a broader adoption, which we will never reach with such a high volatility.

Then BTC and ETH are worthless. They gained and lost billions in seconds. Cheesy
The upcoming adoption for IOTA is I think way higher then for any other coin, just most people dont get it.
They will when the cooperations are revealed.
[/quote]
This is so cute
Calculating in total amounts rather than in %
I just want to hug you Cheesy
How old are you my friend?
Activity: 219
Merit: 101
November 14, 2017, 05:35:12 AM
I really like the project and the idea.
But recent pump and dumps really worry me.

During the past week market cap increased by almost 800M and then dropped by almost 200M within a very short time. https://coinmarketcap.com/currencies/iota/#charts
This has nothing to do with growing interest or recent news. Just some whales throwing around millions of $.

You might ask, what's the problem with that?
Well, whales do this to generate some percentages of profit. Who pays those profits? Small investors who bought high, because they follow the hype or maybe really like the coin.
If whales dump their coins and rate plummets, small investors sell in panic or due to stop-loss-orders. Not to mention they lose their trust in the project and never buy back.
Whales don't make a coin strong, community does!
Therefore we need a broader adoption, which we will never reach with such a high volatility.

Before you say I'm a whale too, it's not really true, as I have a very diversified portfolio and I never pump & dump.
Glad you are back szesh
Hate you are right again Wink
Activity: 493
Merit: 551
November 14, 2017, 01:57:01 AM
David Sonstebo, the founder of IOTA said that all this good news arising now are just 10% of what they are going to announce in 2017!
So I am really looking forward to see what comes next. Hodling!
You meant 2018 ? Since 2017 is mostly over.

No I mean 2017. Wink

IOTA advisor Julie Maupin was one of the speaker at the UN organized hack4climate conference in Germany.
Representing the IOTA foundation. She also said that that IOTA foundation is working together with many Fortune 500 companies.
Most of those cooperations have not been published yet. But I expect something like the Ethereum Enterprise Alliance.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97HtoV4CtrA&feature=youtu.be&t=12m8s

I think IOTA is the only project beeing presented at UN conferences.

Then BTC and ETH are worthless. They gained and lost billions in seconds. Cheesy
The upcoming adoption for IOTA is I think way higher then for any other coin, just most people dont get it.
They will when the cooperations are revealed.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
November 13, 2017, 04:51:59 PM
The daily trade volume is still high. Some of the top coins are going with low trade volume. But IOTA's deep market is good for traders like us. We don't get lost at least and there are always enough buyers and sellers on the order book.

Bitfinex   $20.294.60
Bitfinex   $9.563.410   
Binance   $5.053.070   
Bitfinex   $1.918.370      

The price of IOTA is around $0.59 and it has the potential to increase if the market doesn't experience another crash due to BTC-BCH conflict.
Activity: 59
Merit: 0
November 13, 2017, 04:28:19 PM
I really like the project and the idea.
But recent pump and dumps really worry me.

This has nothing to do with growing interest or recent news. Just some whales throwing around millions of $.

You might ask, what's the problem with that?
Well, whales do this to generate some percentages of profit. Who pays those profits? Small investors who bought high, because they follow the hype or maybe really like the coin.
If whales dump their coins and rate plummets, small investors sell in panic or due to stop-loss-orders. Not to mention they lose their trust in the project and never buy back.
Whales don't make a coin strong, community does!

Before you say I'm a whale too, it's not really true, as I have a very diversified portfolio and I never pump & dump.
legendary
Activity: 2380
Merit: 1085
Money often costs too much.
November 13, 2017, 03:59:55 PM

OKEx has a nice volume of 200 million USD daily.
When China returns into the crypto game it will rise for sure. Also they only have few coins, adding IOTA is a kind of further validation.

David Sonstebo, the founder of IOTA said that all this good news arising now are just 10% of what they are going to announce in 2017!

You meant 2018 ? Since 2017 is mostly over.
November 12, 2017, 03:58:29 PM

OKEx has a nice volume of 200 million USD daily.
When China returns into the crypto game it will rise for sure. Also they only have few coins, adding IOTA is a kind of further validation.

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
Activity: 140
Merit: 10
November 12, 2017, 05:11:49 AM
Iota and Monero are the more strongers alts atm.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
November 11, 2017, 06:59:04 AM
This is new Bittrex API code: {"Currency":"TROLL","CurrencyLong":"Bittrex Test Currency","MinConfirmation":1,"TxFee":0.00100000,"IsActive":false,"CoinType":"IOTA",
https://bittrex.com/api/v1.1/public/getcurrencies

So much about Bittrex not adding IOTA.  Grin Cheesy

LOL
November 11, 2017, 04:11:00 AM
Joshki is a prophet, just do the opposite of his predictions.
Something like our duck Scrooge on XMR thread.  Grin
legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
November 11, 2017, 04:08:36 AM
This is new Bittrex API code: {"Currency":"TROLL","CurrencyLong":"Bittrex Test Currency","MinConfirmation":1,"TxFee":0.00100000,"IsActive":false,"CoinType":"IOTA",

So much about Bittrex not adding IOTA.  Grin Cheesy

Must mean it works, should thank joshki for implying so  Smiley
November 11, 2017, 04:00:53 AM

So much about Bittrex not adding IOTA.  Grin Cheesy
November 11, 2017, 02:50:27 AM
bittrex is not going to list iota.  Ask yourself why they haven't yet.  It's because it doesn't work.

Ah I love when people tell me since 2-3 years how things in crypto will play out and in the end I am right. They watch it, they FUD it, but I prefer to make money. Grin
I mean you can write that everywhere and repeat it, but it wont change anything.

Also very interesting regarding the supply of IOTA coins it is important to understand that one IOTA units can not be divided like BTC. If one would calculate the amount of IOTAs like they were BTC (21  million supply), then one such a BTC-IOTA coin would cost between 40 and 50 USD, while BTC went up to 8k USD.

This video is really a must see to understand the supply and price of IOTA and it is pretty low, ETH has more units: https://youtu.be/y7JPQng-Vjc

This is what I love about IOTA, several aspects (technology, supply, use cases) are difficult to grasp for the average investor, so those will have to buy it more expensive from the smarter ones.

How is the distribution of IOTA?

Here is a calculation of the distribution: https://medium.com/@IngoFiedler_96862/iota-distribution-update-after-snapshot-from-08th-august-2017-21e92cf15eea
Activity: 518
Merit: 107
November 11, 2017, 02:26:23 AM
How is the distribution of IOTA?
Pages:
Jump to: