Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA is the next big thing - page 77. (Read 45393 times)

legendary
Activity: 1750
Merit: 1036
Facts are more efficient than fud
November 05, 2017, 07:13:51 PM
According to the current market it is indeed underrated. Whole alts are underrated too since the last fork.

Yes it is also just a question of time when the big BTC correction will happen. Also IOTA technology compared to BTC is something like Crypto 3.0.
No more expensive and slow transactions, feeless transactions instead. This lets BTC let look pretty old. And yet it cant be stopped as IOTA already has too much support by big companies.

Seems the German Telekom, a telecommunication giant in Germany, is endorsing IOTA: https://www.brand-design.telekom.com/hackathon/
The IOTA founder will have a presentation on the Blockchain conference organized by the Telekom.

So we have major companies lining up behind IOTA, Bosch, Volkswagen, Telekom, but you will find a lot of trolls trying to explain you how it is worthless and you should sell and not buy it.
I love this game but have been too long in it.  Grin

Interesting project. Thanks for highlighting and making a case for researching further.
Activity: 493
Merit: 551
November 05, 2017, 06:19:46 PM
According to the current market it is indeed underrated. Whole alts are underrated too since the last fork.

Yes it is also just a question of time when the big BTC correction will happen. Also IOTA technology compared to BTC is something like Crypto 3.0.
No more expensive and slow transactions, feeless transactions instead. This lets BTC let look pretty old. And yet it cant be stopped as IOTA already has too much support by big companies.

Seems the German Telekom, a telecommunication giant in Germany, is endorsing IOTA: https://www.brand-design.telekom.com/hackathon/
The IOTA founder will have a presentation on the Blockchain conference organized by the Telekom.

So we have major companies lining up behind IOTA, Bosch, Volkswagen, Telekom, but you will find a lot of trolls trying to explain you how it is worthless and you should sell and not buy it.
I love this game but have been too long in it.  Grin
Activity: 406
Merit: 251
November 05, 2017, 11:31:01 AM
I sold my BNT as I saw that it was overvalued in the ICO. I think the same for Tezos. I will maybe hold my Tezos but honestly it is too much money for guys with no clue. Still I made profit but I would not recommend it.
Honestly I prefer to buy main tokens like ETH and less the tokens on top of the network. I also need to keep the number of investments small to follow them.

I added IOTA to XMR, ETH and NEO.
Thats enough for me.

well yeah most icos are overvalued, i'm thinking more of how it looks now after months of downtrend. tho it can possibly drop to like 50-60m marketcap before bottom i guess. anyways thanks for answer
Activity: 686
Merit: 250
November 05, 2017, 09:34:58 AM
November 05, 2017, 09:22:20 AM
True, people love to buy expensive and on the top. Then they start to "recognize" the value. Cheesy
Activity: 253
Merit: 101
KEK
November 05, 2017, 09:18:33 AM
Iota needs a massive big pump so people start adopting it ..... no one was talking about ether when it was trading for cents ... but people love it at 300$
November 05, 2017, 09:03:48 AM
Sorry, but I don't really see how you can call iota the "NEXT" big thing. It has already had like an 800x increase in price since its debut, and consistently one of the top 10 coins on coinmarketcap. It already is a big thing...

As Ethereum was around 10 USD and had a market cap of around 1 billion USD (like IOTA now). Was it already the big thing? I would say no.
And yes ETH made great ROI for ICO investors too.

But ETH with 30 billion market was finally BIG. This is the way IOTA will take.
For me gains of x30 are huge.

And I do not invest my money into small market cap joke coins, so I wont see higher returns anywhere.
MV7
Activity: 322
Merit: 107
WPP ENERGY - BACKED ASSET GREEN ENERGY TOKEN
November 05, 2017, 08:52:25 AM
Sorry, but I don't really see how you can call iota the "NEXT" big thing. It has already had like an 800x increase in price since its debut, and consistently one of the top 10 coins on coinmarketcap. It already is a big thing...
November 05, 2017, 08:39:04 AM
Thanks for the reply. As for the other guys I trust, at no1 there is a trader on a Serbian forum that was killing it this summer, predicted every big BTC move pretty accuratelly (tip - he sold most of his BTCs at 7000).

I like Ivans videos too, will check the other guys out too. Do you have a link to this serbian forum (PM)?

good post, i agree IOTA is a good long-term hold

out of curiosity, what do you think of BNT? another project that is hard to understand and heavily fudded

I sold my BNT as I saw that it was overvalued in the ICO. I think the same for Tezos. I will maybe hold my Tezos but honestly it is too much money for guys with no clue. Still I made profit but I would not recommend it.
Honestly I prefer to buy main tokens like ETH and less the tokens on top of the network. I also need to keep the number of investments small to follow them.

I added IOTA to XMR, ETH and NEO.
Thats enough for me.
Activity: 406
November 04, 2017, 09:33:12 PM
good post, i agree IOTA is a good long-term hold

out of curiosity, what do you think of BNT? another project that is hard to understand and heavily fudded

Activity: 644
Merit: 501
November 04, 2017, 08:36:12 PM
The thing that bothers me about IOTA is the lack of documentation and official instructions. Also there are bugs that always seem to be not working and the product just seems sort of dysfunctional as a whole, if you know what i mean.

For instance, the attach to tangle thing, just seems to work out of luck for me.

Not sure what others experiences are, but if IOTA dev can fix this, it's got a bright future.
November 04, 2017, 06:57:17 PM
IOTA had a very weird distribution, so just for this I would not rely on it. Basically anything you can not mine is to be treated with caution. The sole exception I can see is Waves, because they have something really strong and working behind them, unlike IOTA, the concept-paper-coin.

IOTAs distribution was better then that of Ethereum. Even the developers had to buy the tokens. 80-90% of ETH was not mineable, yet it has a market cap of 30 Billions.
New analysis of the IOTA network shows a good distribution which is even getting better.

Waves. I have bought Waves on their ICO, when most never heard about it and they called it scam . Wink
Yet IOTA is a whole level above it in potential.
Activity: 22
Merit: 0
November 04, 2017, 05:56:54 PM
Thanks man. Smiley
As I said already, I do not have many advices. I think the mistake people do is the search for the low market cap ICOs, the hidden pearls and the next x1000 coin, while they miss projects like IOTA which are already big but still can do easy x10 or x30 during the next 1-2 years. The IOT industry is predicted to reach 2020 a market cap of nearly 300 billions according to Forbes.

I bought this book and it will be one of several I will read in the next time: https://www.amazon.com/IoT-Inc-Company-Internet-Outcome/dp/1260025896

XMR is another coin I love and where I expect a nice market cap of 5-10 billions in 2018, NEO could make great progress in China.

Who are the other 4 guys you find their advice useful?

Thanks for the reply. As for the other guys I trust, at no1 there is a trader on a Serbian forum that was killing it this summer, predicted every big BTC move pretty accuratelly (tip - he sold most of his BTCs at 7000). Then there's DataDash for the general TA and altcoin stuff, the CryptoHydra pair seems very smart and down to earth (they convinced me to wait for IOTA to pull back from 1$ to 40c), also like IvanOnTech's repository analysis videos (the IOTA one was a bit concerning).

There are others like DLavrov from tradingview, dbt1033 and hodor (ripple) from this forum, other youtubers etc. and I always try to get at least two positive opinions from trusted sources.
Activity: 17
Merit: 0
November 04, 2017, 05:52:19 PM
IOTA had a very weird distribution, so just for this I would not rely on it. Basically anything you can not mine is to be treated with caution. The sole exception I can see is Waves, because they have something really strong and working behind them, unlike IOTA, the concept-paper-coin.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
November 04, 2017, 04:54:04 PM
Great fundementals dude, I caught on to how big IOTA is going to be after reading the whitepaper. DAGs are going to revolutionize the cryptospace, plus if quantum computers ever materialize instead of just being theoretical, IOTA is already resistant. I know that's a super long term thing, but how much would it suck to have an investment perform well for 20 years only to be worthless overnight because some jackass wiht qbits breaks it.
Activity: 475
November 04, 2017, 04:04:25 PM
I am in Iota since many month. Not ICO member but since yassin deal in Slack.

IOTA have actual one very big disadvantage and this make me crazy.

You need sometime many trys to make a Transaction.

Not only click and send.

After the team remove this mistake I am sure that IOTA have a very good future.
November 04, 2017, 03:46:05 PM
I would not agree, it appears to be high risk because the technology is new, a lot of disinformation has been spread, the most people do not understand it fully or do not take their time to learn about it. But if you do it you will see that the "high risk classification" is wrong and the perception about IOTA will change fast and suddenly. I predict a huge hype. At that time the whales will have their pockets full and push the price up where you can buy it on the top. As I said, my strength is not reading of TA or tea leaves but observing and analysis for long term investments.

I like IOTA but at the moment is an idea, is a very high risk investment and I personally prefer low risk investments.

No it is already an usable product. Elaad from netherlands has already developed loading stations for electric cars which use IOTA.
Innogy will do the same for the loading stations of RWE. And RWE is an energy giant.

Fujitsu will endorse it too: https://twitter.com/RolfWerner/status/925658290540990465

As I said: Because I got many PMs asking for advice I have decided to give it here openly. What you do with it is up to you.
Activity: 224
November 04, 2017, 03:39:27 PM

it's an high risk investment...  really high  risk

Activity: 136
November 04, 2017, 03:36:18 PM
I like IOTA but at the moment is an idea, is a very high risk investment and I personally prefer low risk investments.
November 04, 2017, 03:23:18 PM
Thanks pal, really happy that you are bullish on IOTA, invested in it also. Really liked how you investigated ZenCash, bought it at the same time but I missed that train setting my sell order too low (lost 350% profit because of 20%). Too much noise in the crypto space, so people get confused, my strategy is to find reliable people and follow their advice, and you are right there in the top 5. This confirmation on IOTA (other smart investors reccomend it also) is a very good sign for me.

In case I have missed some of your other favorites, can you list them here? Just a short list, nothing more.

Thanks man. Smiley
As I said already, I do not have many advices. I think the mistake people do is the search for the low market cap ICOs, the hidden pearls and the next x1000 coin, while they miss projects like IOTA which are already big but still can do easy x10 or x30 during the next 1-2 years. The IOT industry is predicted to reach 2020 a market cap of nearly 300 billions according to Forbes.

I bought this book and it will be one of several I will read in the next time: https://www.amazon.com/IoT-Inc-Company-Internet-Outcome/dp/1260025896

XMR is another coin I love and where I expect a nice market cap of 5-10 billions in 2018, NEO could make great progress in China.

Who are the other 4 guys you find their advice useful?

The thing that pisses me off about IOTA is the ongoing snapshots, disappearing balances(having to generate new addresses in a new wallet to get the funds back) and loss of access to your coins when the devs decide to move them all to an address they control and you have to wait a month for them to release a new tool to try and get them back.

Yes but the difference is: Where most people see problems, I see an opportunity. If you take your time and analyze the IOTA foundation, the dedicated developers and their visions for the future, as also the partnerships they have forged one can see that this is a big project which is fighting with some bugs and problems (but ETH had them too). This is the timepoint to buy an oversold coin which has been FUDed to the ground. IOTA was at 1.10 USD and now is hovering around 0.35.
Pages:
Jump to: