Pages:
Author

Topic: IOTA manual claims tracker (UNOFFICIAL) - page 36. (Read 33982 times)

Activity: 22
Merit: 0
August 06, 2017, 03:16:49 AM
I m waiting patciently and see we need to identify our selfs . What info do I need to send to what adres?
Activity: 164
Merit: 100
August 05, 2017, 05:16:23 PM
I'm yet to receive my coins from the IOTA team.

Have you provided your full real life info? Thanks to JLP's threats we - as a legally registered company in Norway - now have to do duedil...

JLP has not answered my requests in public or PM, so most likely he is forfeiting his iotas in order to retain his anonymity, which might be valuable to him in his insane ICOs.

I just emailed you what you asked for.

Thanks

I also just sent the requested info
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
August 04, 2017, 05:24:42 AM

Have you provided your full real life info? Thanks to JLP's threats we - as a legally registered company in Norway - now have to do duedil...

JLP has not answered my requests in public or PM, so most likely he is forfeiting his iotas in order to retain his anonymity, which might be valuable to him in his insane ICOs.

Thanks
legendary
Activity: 1400
Merit: 1000
August 04, 2017, 02:01:16 AM

Activity: 714
August 03, 2017, 09:55:24 PM

legendary
August 03, 2017, 08:08:13 AM
legendary
Activity: 2142
Merit: 1131
August 02, 2017, 12:40:26 PM

So can IOTA team process my claim please ? I will show to everyone here that I received the payment and everything is fine so people will calm down.

Nothing received yet.

Activity: 131
Merit: 103
I have not received IOTA or got any updates so far. I trust that everything will get sorted out, but I think that a little more communication about the state of things would help a lot here.

Thank you much for sharing info Max.

On July 18th, IOTAGENESIS announced a successful claim :
https://forum.iota.org/t/snapshot-validation-period-9th-june-2017/1497/65

No more successful claims since then to my knowledge though...

Cheers
Activity: 700
Just a report of my own experience regarding a manual claim:
- contacted @david via Slack, did not get any response
- contact David via email 2 times, did not get any response
- contacted @dom at Slack and got this response: "all of the claims will be processed"

I have not received IOTA or got any updates so far. I trust that everything will get sorted out, but I think that a little more communication about the state of things would help a lot here.
This whole Thread is redundant.
What part of this message are you not understanding?

Hush Dogie, Jacky already made that point. Everything is fine, no need to feed the fire.
Activity: 711
Merit: 204
This whole Thread is redundant.
What part of this message are you not understanding?

"*Regarding Manual Claims*

If you are one of the few people left that hasn't yet received your manual claim, you have no reason to worry. As stated repeatedly: if you have sent a manual claim mail to [email protected] by July 11th, then you will receive your iotas as soon as we can process them."

More than two weeks in and no change and no confirmation the email was even received is my issue...

Sure S2, that would be sweet, but hey, as Jacky said, we still have a copy of the email we sent, so let's wait for all claims to be processed before getting all upset. We should know by X-mas Smiley

Now there is one address in CfB's 2d round list that exactly matches my balance, but I didn't copy my old addresses, so I can't know for sure if it is mine. I wish I could get a confirmation of that address matching my old seed...

Also, the addresses that pop up when entering the old seed in client 2.2.* are new addresses, so the old addresses probably all got converted during the snapshot.

Anyway, don't worry too much, that's bad for you Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2955
Merit: 1049

I also am apparently one of the 15 since my funds have still not been restored. 

I think there are more then 15 if you look at this lists:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.19918673

and here

https://forum.iota.org/t/snapshot-validation-period-9th-june-2017/1497/75

s2
Activity: 198
Merit: 123
ozboom, well said comments and I like the positive attitude too.

I also am apparently one of the 15 since my funds have still not been restored.  I don't mind if it takes them 1 month, 2 months, etc... I realise it is a headache to do manually and appreciate them doing this but it would be sensible to have some sort of direct communication to know it's been received safely and will eventually be processed... it takes all of 15 seconds to press reply and say.  15 seconds x 15 people is < 5 mins work.. less time than replying to these forum/slack posts.

'I have received your claim email, we will process it when we have time and will email you when we've attempted to port your balance.  If there are any problems we will email to let you know.  Thanks' 

More than two weeks in and no change and no confirmation the email was even received is my issue...
Relax everyone, at the very least, the IOTA community will surely band together to fund the refunding of those who missed the manual claiming deadline in the very same manner that they all came together and generously funded the IOTA foundation.

Very generous of you Banano, although that should not be necessary and may be a bit unrealistic Smiley

But "Relax" is a great concept that we surely could spray over this whole thread Cool
legendary
As long as you sent your email to David before the expiration date you are fine - https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.20058790. The same message has also been repeated many times on slack by David.

See, this answered your question. But you don't believe it. Why, because it is not coming out in a way you prefer. You prefer a private message instead of a public message. But David obviously preferred a public message instead of a private message to each individual. In this case, should you accommodate to David or should David accommodate to you?

Easy Jacky, my email could be lost, this can perfectly happen and would explain why my claim is one of the few that did not get processed. Also, my address does not seem to appear in the list. Simple, practical questions. No need to get emotional.

Anyway, peace and have a nice Sunday you all.
Activity: 7
Merit: 0
No, your community-driven approach is good but there is much potential for improvement. The problem is, you don't see the problems and the need for improvement. And you are right, I mean no harm, quiet the opposite, my intention is to be constructive and a mirror of the public perception. Your arguments indicate you think everything is very fine, you do everything right. This is arrogance. Don't stamp every critique instantly as MEME, troll, FUD. It's easy to do so, it's out of the mind quickly. But this way you lose the ability to absorb real feedback and reflect on it. I know I sound patronizing now, maybe I am. I said what I think and I know I am not alone. Use it or not, it's your decision. I wish you best of luck on your way!

I don't think there is anything wrong for David and CfB to deal with trolls in a harsh way (especially in this crypto world) and because of this the IOTA community has become more business oriented than most of other crypto community.

Different people including you may have different ways to handle the troll situation. But that does not mean they are wrong. I personally prefer their ways.

A man fights like a fighter in a cage. A man speaks like a CEO in a board room. That is what a man supposed to do. Have you talked business with David and CfB on Slack or here. They are more sane and patient than most of devs I have ever seen.

In the business and crypto world, you don't offer your left cheek to the trolls after they slap your right one. If a leader does that, the whole project and community will suffer.

By the way, I don't think you represent the public opinions and are listening to David's explanation. You only represent yourself and you misconceived lots of stuff. If I ask you change will you change? Will you take my critique nicely and happily?

Actually I am active on Slack and support IOTA in different ways but I also followed some conversations and cringed a lot. I am not so into the crypto world but I am aware that it is a harsh business. The thing is, as you say and they claim, they want to be different than other crypto start-ups. They want to be recognized and adapted by "the real world". The swearing and telling to fuck off might work within the crypto environment but I can garantee, it will fail on the general public. This forum and other conversations are public. The internet does not forget and people will use this emotional outbursts against them. Another issue with this is, that I saw some "false positives" during rages. Some people had reasonable support issues and they were treated like shit or ignored. This way you also lose the "good ones". I am still a supporter and remain so because I believe in the tech but I also see upcoming problems with the general adaption because of the harsh behaviour. I don't think the guys are ignorant or arrogant per se. I consider them very intelligent and visionary. Maybe they just need a break from time to time to calm down. As I said I want IOTA to succeed. I do what I can with my limited time and part of it is to give my honest objective feedback like this.
Hello everyone, I must be "one of the 15" left and only recently became aware of this thread. I did the first claim last year, and when I wanted to process my claim automatically in May, I was told on Slack to wait for the snapshot, without realizing that the automatic claim option would be gone in client 2.3.0. David directly replied to my DM on June 10th and I sent him an email to [email protected].

Now my address does not appear on the "Unreclaimed during round 2" list @CfB, is that a reason for concern? I checked my seed, and it does link to my Genesis address, but I'm starting to think that something went wrong, like my email got lost (asked David but no answer), my balance somehow disappeared, or I missed something important…

If there is just a handful of us left, it would be great to get an email update, like "We received your manual claim request, which should be processed soon", or "There is something wrong with your seed", or "The manual claiming procedure has changed and we now need you to do this and that ".

Cheers for the good work and hoping that we can all hop back on the train soon.
Activity: 191
Merit: 100
No, not at all. Would you prefer we treat people like peasants and only communicate with the community through pre-filtered artificial statements? That is a VERY naive understanding of what 'professional' is, nor is it conducive to fostering a open community. The fact that the founders and devs are available to the community is something much more valuable than us speaking through a communications executive.

I realize that you mean no ill, but believe it or not you come off as incredibly arrogant when you presume to know how we should behave. Maybe it would be better to look at the empirical evidence I.E. the results of our work and behaviour, and accept that reality isn't as you have imagined it. Let results speak for themselves.

We often get complimented by people in large organizations for being so upfront and blunt with trolls in fact, it's something we've had laughs about in meetings and conference calls more times than I can even count. The world isnt' as black/white as you seem to believe.

No, your community-driven approach is good but there is much potential for improvement. The problem is, you don't see the problems and the need for improvement. And you are right, I mean no harm, quiet the opposite, my intention is to be constructive and a mirror of the public perception. Your arguments indicate you think everything is very fine, you do everything right. This is arrogance. Don't stamp every critique instantly as MEME, troll, FUD. It's easy to do so, it's out of the mind quickly. But this way you lose the ability to absorb real feedback and reflect on it. I know I sound patronizing now, maybe I am. I said what I think and I know I am not alone. Use it or not, it's your decision. I wish you best of luck on your way!

you are very reasonable and I think that many people agree with your statement. if I was the head of iota, I would assign someone to communicate with the 15-20 people who have to get their IOTAs, and I would only comment on important questions in a forum like this. Running around and telling people FUCK YOU is just unprofessional and show that people seem to get under their skins.

I wish IOTA longterm success and hope that everybody will be happy in the end.
Pages:
Jump to: