Pages:
Author

Topic: Is a Madmax outcome coming before 2020? Thus do we need anonymity? - page 36. (Read 102789 times)

Activity: 518
Merit: 521
Transaction time has nothing to do with confirmation time.

CC transaction is instant but takes 60 days to confirm.

It does matter when you have a retail transaction and you don't know who your customer is, for example the food markets in developing countries where any one can walk in and buy some fresh meat or vegetables. The vendor is moving fast. And most people don't have identification any way.

Also it would matter in retail transactions in the developed countries where fake identification would even be possible in some cases.

And do we really want to move to a world where we carry our identification on an RFID chip in our body in order to make it efficient!

True the merchant could accept the cost of fraud as a cost of doing business, as is the case with online merchants which accept credit cards. However, note that many retail merchants operate on razor thin margins. WalMart prefers debit cards I think.

Thus it is erroneous to assert that 1-confirmation delay isn't relevant in all cases.

And off-chain transactions do indeed bring us back to the issues of centralization required to deal with (abuse of) trust, which is of course a slippery slope just as how putting our gold on deposit in the 1800s and trading in certificates lead us to bank failures (due to fractional reserves lending of certificates, i.e. cheating) and then finally a central bank to prevent corrections (i.e. prevent debt defaults) and keep the debt increasing non-stop for the past 80 years or so without correction (thus leading to a horrific global implosion coming before 2020).

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/542373/tacloban-mayor-says-hes-still-hurt-by-aquinos-words

But see how little they have accomplished in 12 years! All the gains in spying power have come at the expense of greatly increased information (and later monetary) freedom to everyone.

The QE ended up as dollar bond issues throughout the developing world. Thus what they've been successfully doing the past 12 years is running up the debt of the world, and preparing all the tracking technologies, for the global implosion that will begin before 2020 (and after 2015).

Proverbs 22:7
New International Version (NIV)
7 The rich rule over the poor,
    and the borrower is slave to the lender.

They have not been idle. If you and others don't see it, that means they've been even more successful in slow cooking the frogs.

And the internet has become more controlled by the large majors (e.g. one can't realistically surf the internet without Google's cookie getting into the browser with its ads on every other site) and my analysis (educated opinion) is that Bitcoin is also flawed in ways that fits right into the overall plan.

Sorry I don't see that we are winning. I see the tech savvy people fell right into the honeypot, as designed by the NSA. Satoshi was a Japanese guy. Yeah right.
If we go into a Madmax world where the governments are bailing-in all the bank deposits, they are instituting negative interest rates to charge you money every month for having money, and the IMF's proposed net worth tax, etc...

Then all those who have wealth will want anonymity. And all those who don't have wealth and suck the tit of government, will not want anonymity.

Which one of those categories applies to you?

Do you think that Madmax outcome is not coming before 2020?
Pages:
Jump to: