Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Binance Chain a treat to Ethereum? - page 3. (Read 14676 times)

legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1034
April 23, 2019, 06:52:45 PM
By building its own chain, Binance will become stronger as the largest crypto market with the largest volume in the world. However, people only use this news to inflate the BNB coins for a moment. After that, the price returned to stabilize. However, Binance has gone further to prepare for their future, and with this, it does not mean that ETH is in danger, but maybe ETH developers will look for the latest innovations.
Activity: 3038
Merit: 592
BTC to the MOON in 2019
April 23, 2019, 06:51:04 PM
two totally different use cases in my opinion. Binance chain will be strong but Etherum has the use of smart contracts
Binance could improve as they shift from token to coin, we will wait what they can offer at that time.
At this standing now, we can say that Binance have improve but what we like to see is the stability as we don't want to see it dump after a big pump.
These two coins are incredible, giving profit to their investors so I hope they will grow more, and they are not treat to each other as the market is so big.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
April 23, 2019, 06:44:32 PM
I think yes, because Binance has a currency plan and is always in a constant development as well as it has a good marketing therefore many of the public, but the Ethereum is no longer like the former but it remains one of the major currencies without no doubt , In any case we are beneficiaries, because the competition between them will be severe and we will get the advantages

Binance chain will never be a threat to Ethereum since both platforms have different features and has their own unique niche. Simply put, Ethereum supports smart contracts while Binance chain doesn't. With this in mind, crypto projects residing in Ethereum ecosystem that utilizes smart contracts technically cannot migrate to Binance chain unless otherwise Binance decides to upgrade to support smart contracts.

I'm not sure that Binance does not support smart contracts. But what about all the projects that migrate to Binance chain? They become tokens in this blockchain. So there is such a functional. But yes, it seems to me too early to talk about competition to Ethereum.

Here is a link to Binance CEO's AMA session specifically stating that Binance chain doesn't support smart contracts - https://www.cryptoglobe.com/latest/2019/03/binance-ceo-comments-on-delistings-launchpad-bnb-dex-and-xrp/  and another FAQ from their website for further info - https://docs.binance.org/faq.html#does-binance-chain-support-smart-contracts . And also, projects that have or will migrate to Binance dont have smart contract functionality so its just like ordinary tokens unlike other projects that rely heavily on smart contract on order to function well.
Activity: 255
Merit: 1
April 23, 2019, 02:06:52 PM
It is no longer news that Binance is launching their own chain on the 23rd of April, 2019. All BNB holders can convert their ERC 20 to Binance Chain and MITH has announce to be the first to migrate to Binance Chain and pumped 60% overnight. Is Binance Chain decentralized or semi-decentrilized considering that they will be in control of their chain network. With the lack of smart contract, are they really pulling any challenge to ETH? Well. If the purpose is for crowdfunding and the possibility of getting listed, BNB might receive a lot of attention. In my own opinion, Binance Team is setting the pace for other exchanges and they are doing really well.

Binance is a powerful asset and if overtime it poses a threat to Ethereum I won't be surprised now that it's launching it's own chain. Ethereum will have to put in some effort to stay relevant
Activity: 296
Merit: 12
April 23, 2019, 01:35:36 PM
two totally different use cases in my opinion. Binance chain will be strong but Etherum has the use of smart contracts
Activity: 602
Merit: 10
April 23, 2019, 08:42:48 AM
For me, I think it is not healthy to discuss about the binance comparing to the ethereum, because binance is doing well and not affecting to the ethereum. This binance and ethereum are a good coin.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 500
April 23, 2019, 08:17:47 AM
I think yes, because Binance has a currency plan and is always in a constant development as well as it has a good marketing therefore many of the public, but the Ethereum is no longer like the former but it remains one of the major currencies without no doubt , In any case we are beneficiaries, because the competition between them will be severe and we will get the advantages

Binance chain will never be a threat to Ethereum since both platforms have different features and has their own unique niche. Simply put, Ethereum supports smart contracts while Binance chain doesn't. With this in mind, crypto projects residing in Ethereum ecosystem that utilizes smart contracts technically cannot migrate to Binance chain unless otherwise Binance decides to upgrade to support smart contracts.

I'm not sure that Binance does not support smart contracts. But what about all the projects that migrate to Binance chain? They become tokens in this blockchain. So there is such a functional. But yes, it seems to me too early to talk about competition to Ethereum.
Activity: 700
Merit: 101
BBOD Trading Platform
April 23, 2019, 08:06:27 AM
if the Binance Exchange continues to grow well as it is now and become a good Exchanger in the future, I am sure that if Binance (BNB) will be better than ethereum.
but with a very large ethereum community, it will take a long time to reach that goal.
Activity: 378
April 23, 2019, 08:04:44 AM
It is no longer news that Binance is launching their own chain on the 23rd of April, 2019. All BNB holders can convert their ERC 20 to Binance Chain and MITH has announce to be the first to migrate to Binance Chain and pumped 60% overnight. Is Binance Chain decentralized or semi-decentrilized considering that they will be in control of their chain network. With the lack of smart contract, are they really pulling any challenge to ETH? Well. If the purpose is for crowdfunding and the possibility of getting listed, BNB might receive a lot of attention. In my own opinion, Binance Team is setting the pace for other exchanges and they are doing really well.
Binance has such great strength because it has a strong support in the market. but if you notice that ethereum has built a very large community so that to defeat ethereum domination is a very heavy work. takes a long time to realize this, binance is a strong threat.
true it is not an easy thing to defeat coins that already have very popular popularity especially ethereum it might be difficult for other coins that will compete with them because ethereum itself has been considered the king of altcoin until now with coin quality which is very good and good like bitcoin.
Activity: 1078
Merit: 310
April 23, 2019, 07:39:25 AM

Activity: 1153
Merit: 252
April 23, 2019, 02:22:04 AM
legendary
Activity: 1302
Merit: 1037
April 23, 2019, 02:16:18 AM
I don’t think that binance chain be a treat to ethereum. With the support of the community and developers, the number of active users, the security and decentralization that the ether has, it’s like Google in the world of dApps. And I do not see a strong competitor for the ether now. Vitalik will win at the end like with 99% of probability. Smiley
99%? I guess you would be ready to bet your money with this, just that it is wrong to do so in this section, maybe when we meet again in gambling section, we will have a bet on them LOL.
Most community you see supporting ethereum are also the same community supporting Binance, don’t forget that without an exchange, even if they have coins in ether wallet, it is meaningless, so most of their community still have to go through some of these exchanges.

We are all aware of the position of Binance among all exchange too, people love them for the services they render and now that they are adding their own chain to it, especially if they are able to cover the lapses of ethereum people have complained about, then there is nothing stopping them from overtaking Ethereum.
Activity: 420
Merit: 100
April 22, 2019, 07:15:38 PM
at Binance market is the biggest market for now that I see because it has a large enough volume and lots of good coin listings there, I am quite happy so far I can trade there and those who make coins BNB can grow to date because these coins have real project namely Binance exchange.
Activity: 392
Merit: 21
April 22, 2019, 06:29:21 PM

Binance developers are doing great work and are  not only their own blockchain alse the performance of the distinguished exchange and safety measures as well as their own charity As well as the educational academy.
Binance offers an integrated and powerful model that helps in the adoption process of crypto but
ETH competition will never be easy.
Activity: 714
Merit: 251
April 22, 2019, 06:18:05 PM

Quoting CZ of Binance, he said Binance Chain is not a threat to Ethereum but rather a challenge to all cryptocurrency developers to be better than what they were yesterday. BEP2 don't even have a smart contract if you must know
Activity: 512
April 22, 2019, 06:17:38 PM
Whatever is Binance  doing is with sense but I do not think a centralized chain would be a threat to ETH platform. BNB coin itself will be soon a threat  to each coin as it is going against the market trends and it is  increasing during the bear market.
Activity: 350
A Blockchain Mobile Operator With Token Rewards
April 22, 2019, 06:13:07 PM
I don't know exactly why most people are actually making a fuss over Binance blockchain which is going to support decentralized exchanges. Well I think this initiative by CZ is still to promote Centralization and i don't think any crypto enthusiasts would want to buy into such an idea. So yeah it's from Binance, one of the popular cryptocurrency exchanges in the world but i doubt this idea of theirs would be able to sell off. Let's see as Ethereum blockchain comes out with strong next year with major updates.
Activity: 2884
Merit: 579
Hire Bitcointalk Camp. Manager @ r7promotions.com
April 22, 2019, 05:53:08 PM
No it won't be a threat to Ethereum. They are both good chains and investors can prefer each of them depending on how each of their network works properly. I like both coins but I'm mostly holding Ethereum until now waiting for the bull run and would probably sell it when I'm done waiting for. Binance is good and they have been conquering almost every side that they can, the DEXs(on test), centralized exchanged, as an altcoin and now as a chain.
Activity: 623
Merit: 11
Proof-of-Stake Blockchain Network
April 22, 2019, 04:19:02 PM

I noticed that Binans is starting to turn into something more than a stock exchange. They start their blockchain, where they will receive projects migrating from the blockchains of other networks, they create a decentralized exchange and their wallet.
I think they have good prospects and this should seriously affect the value of their own BNB coin.
Activity: 396
Merit: 100
April 22, 2019, 03:50:33 PM
I'm not sure because the Binance chain really has nothing outstanding compared to ETH, altcoin has switched to using the Binance chain, which has been pumped after announcement. I think this is just a round of fomo for Binance
Pages:
Jump to: