Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Binance Chain a treat to Ethereum? - page 7. (Read 14676 times)

Activity: 406
Merit: 5
I-CHAIN - The Revolution of Digital Advertising
April 20, 2019, 11:30:29 AM
It is no longer news that Binance is launching their own chain on the 23rd of April, 2019. All BNB holders can convert their ERC 20 to Binance Chain and MITH has announce to be the first to migrate to Binance Chain and pumped 60% overnight. Is Binance Chain decentralized or semi-decentrilized considering that they will be in control of their chain network. With the lack of smart contract, are they really pulling any challenge to ETH? Well. If the purpose is for crowdfunding and the possibility of getting listed, BNB might receive a lot of attention. In my own opinion, Binance Team is setting the pace for other exchanges and they are doing really well.
I don't see this being a treat to ethereum in any way.. People need to understand that the first of a kind in the crypto market are difficult to pull down.. Asides from automatically listing on binance. I don't see any other features the binance Chain has to offer..
Activity: 1274
Merit: 519
Coindragon.com 30% Cash Back
April 20, 2019, 11:20:38 AM
Despite launching a new coin, I believe that binance won't make something that would just compete with Ethereum. Ethereum has proven a lot and has passed a lot of tests to be on top so I think a new coin would never be a threat. Bnb has to undergo a lot of challenges to stand firm but I believe that it would have a good potential since it's supported by binance.
Activity: 798
Merit: 250
April 20, 2019, 10:55:46 AM
Binance Chain used for DEX exchange!
Can succeed or not, need more time to assert, But Etherium has been long-term development!
copper member
Activity: 434
Merit: 4
April 20, 2019, 09:58:30 AM
I don’t think that binance chain be a treat to ethereum. With the support of the community and developers, the number of active users, the security and decentralization that the ether has, it’s like Google in the world of dApps. And I do not see a strong competitor for the ether now. Vitalik will win at the end like with 99% of probability. Smiley
Activity: 658
Merit: 106
April 20, 2019, 09:48:15 AM
I only heard that binance has already sucessfully launched the new chain. I think that binance could easily take Ethereum down and reach it's precious place in the 2nd listing globally if binance's CEO does pick up the right choices Smiley
We don't hope to see some fights, we only need a clean competition between ETH and BNB.
i think we should back to ethereum usage.many ico using ethereum platform meanwhile binance chain recently launched and we still understand about this usage for other projects.so in my opinion this is wrong if binance chain will defeat ethereum.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 352
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
April 20, 2019, 09:32:31 AM
It is no longer news that Binance is launching their own chain on the 23rd of April, 2019. All BNB holders can convert their ERC 20 to Binance Chain and MITH has announce to be the first to migrate to Binance Chain and pumped 60% overnight. Is Binance Chain decentralized or semi-decentrilized considering that they will be in control of their chain network. With the lack of smart contract, are they really pulling any challenge to ETH? Well. If the purpose is for crowdfunding and the possibility of getting listed, BNB might receive a lot of attention. In my own opinion, Binance Team is setting the pace for other exchanges and they are doing really well.

There are over 100 competitor for Ethereum. All of them wants to take over Ethereum place... And no one can make it until now.

I guess BNB can't take over also. Believe or not Ethereum is one of the decentralized network ever. So BNB won't be never. Always CZ can manipulate it. I think Binance is number one of this market but it is not about the network. It is about exchanges.

Still, everything is possible in this market. We will watch and see soon.
I like the way you gave an opinion mate because it is not one sided. For me it is too early to tell if Binance coin or BNB will take over Ethereum, why? Because as you have said there are hundreds or thousands of Altcoin competitors of Ethereum that has failed to take over due to Ethereum's strong community and there are a lot of developers that makes upgrades to the Ethereum platform. Ethereum was already accepted by some country's local exchanges and other merchants as mode of payment just like here in my country.
Activity: 1246
Merit: 306
C U
April 19, 2019, 07:33:29 PM
I only heard that binance has already sucessfully launched the new chain. I think that binance could easily take Ethereum down and reach it's precious place in the 2nd listing globally if binance's CEO does pick up the right choices Smiley
We don't hope to see some fights, we only need a clean competition between ETH and BNB.
Activity: 517
Merit: 257
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 19, 2019, 07:30:57 PM
I think this is more for funding purposes as opposed to utility. They want their money.
Activity: 700
Merit: 100
April 19, 2019, 07:28:26 PM
Binance Chain is an asset exchange platform similar to Waves and Bitshares. I don't think it will ever become a threat to Ethereum.

I think this is the case too. But we should never stop thinking they could challenge Ethereum. What can BNB Chain do that Ethereum can't? Better transaction speed? Anonymity? Do they have smart contracts like Ethereum has? All I can think is that Binance Chain just want its own blockchain to monitor its own coin. CZ is probably thinking of stopping relying on others and make use of his own. NEM and NEO, both Chinese coins has their own chain explorers as well. So it is not that much of a surprise if you ask me.
Activity: 1655
Merit: 600
April 19, 2019, 07:23:51 PM
Binance Chain is an asset exchange platform similar to Waves and Bitshares. I don't think it will ever become a threat to Ethereum.
Activity: 812
Merit: 250
April 19, 2019, 07:08:58 PM

The second biggest Chain migration since EOS. I think CZ, Binance and the team are a bit underestimated. Binance controls a larger percentage of cryptocurrency market, advancing technology, great support and innovative. Even Vitalik will admit that Changpeng Zhao Binance is a threat
Activity: 602
Merit: 100
April 19, 2019, 06:23:38 PM
Binance mainnet will have effect on ETH platform in terms of the user base as some projects will go for it instead for ETH in return to having some benefits. In terms of technology I do not think it will effect ETH as Binance is launching a centralized platform. Binance is building an ecosystem and the mainnet is an important part of it.
legendary
Activity: 2212
Merit: 1008
April 19, 2019, 06:11:03 PM
These weeks there are a lot of people discussing binary exchanges, previously the issues raised were binance working with CipherTrace to improve security and now binance changed their coin system from ERC20 to Binance Chain.

In my opinion it is all a good step for binance in developing their exchanges, they want their exchange to be more effective and useful for its users. So just wait for the good steps that binance does next.
Activity: 630
Merit: 101
April 19, 2019, 06:06:57 PM
I do not think that Binance Chain is a competitor for Ethereum. This is very different platforms that have different functionality and different levels of decentralization. I do not think that Binance Chain can replace Ethereum.
Activity: 1834
Merit: 879
Rollbit.com ⚔️Crypto Futures
April 19, 2019, 06:03:31 PM
What BINANCE CHAIN, didn't see this one coming. The confirms binance is definitely sealing the deal of becoming the biggest exchange worldwide with all these supporting services and they are already seen to be the best, just hope they won't monopolize the crypto economy.
Activity: 994
Merit: 262
April 19, 2019, 05:59:45 PM
Maybe yes or no, i think all depends on what majority of people decide, to use Ethereum or Binance chain or both to hold ERC20 tokens and transfer them.
Its hard to say this one right now since this is just a rumor, but if binance make a good development like this, then this is a big challenge for ETH to do better also. Its not easy to defeat the number 2 coin right now, but we must open for this possibilities and continue to invest on the right coins.

binance coin good coin but price higher then ETH, maybe its too late to buy this coin? if eth  better why price lower ?
Activity: 1400
Merit: 283
April 19, 2019, 05:59:34 PM
Even if binance turns out to be a very good investment and a successful one, it is still not a threat to etehreum because both of them have totally different concepts and different use in different situations, etehreum has smart contracts and binance is for exchanging, but it is a sure thing that binance is very popular and will provide good profit for those who will invest in it, since there is so much support from the community for it.
Activity: 686
Merit: 108
April 19, 2019, 05:55:27 PM
Maybe yes or no, i think all depends on what majority of people decide, to use Ethereum or Binance chain or both to hold ERC20 tokens and transfer them.
Its hard to say this one right now since this is just a rumor, but if binance make a good development like this, then this is a big challenge for ETH to do better also. Its not easy to defeat the number 2 coin right now, but we must open for this possibilities and continue to invest on the right coins.
Activity: 518
Merit: 102
simply getting the job done
April 19, 2019, 05:48:41 PM
no need to discuss that binance is good or not but anyway ethereum is a different one, some coins have a good and different places in the market. bitcoin, ethereum, binance, monero etc.
Activity: 126
Merit: 2
April 19, 2019, 05:25:24 PM
As part of the pivot, holders of Binance Coin (BNB), which is presently an ERC20 token hosted on the Ethereum network, will participate in a mainnet swap that will see their tokens shifted to the new BEP2 token standard of Binance Chain. Which is for me a big threat to ethereum.
Pages:
Jump to: