Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin a Digital Gold?? - page 2. (Read 6278 times)

Activity: 546
Merit: 100
October 23, 2018, 07:08:34 PM
bitcoin is indeed digital gold which is still too extreme to trade, every transaction and even valid user data cannot be monitored in full and this raises many unanswered questions, bitcoin is useful as a payment tool and commodity at once so it is far more complete and potential, bitcoin created by humans and this is still a mystery because the goal is still not fully accountable.
Activity: 462
Merit: 101
October 23, 2018, 06:15:38 PM
I believe so. It is like gold, it has a value and there are limited amount of bitcoin. However if it would a cash, we would be able to print it and it would have high transfer rate etc. Bitcoin is not cheap. Ether and other currencies are very likely to be currencies.
actually bitcoin is a digital currency and actually from the beginning it is like that and if now cryptocurrency can be traded and sold like a commodity then it becomes a bonus for us to be able to use it
Activity: 235
Merit: 40
October 23, 2018, 05:01:46 PM
I believe so. It is like gold, it has a value and there are limited amount of bitcoin. However if it would a cash, we would be able to print it and it would have high transfer rate etc. Bitcoin is not cheap. Ether and other currencies are very likely to be currencies.
Activity: 1106
Merit: 1
October 23, 2018, 04:53:11 PM
yes this is the best currency of Digital Gold. The most popular currency of crypto market. Now crypto price is the low price after few month i am sure it is the best crypto market rise some few month. So we have to learn n this market. I love this market and the depend on crypto people.
Activity: 364
Merit: 13
October 23, 2018, 04:32:09 PM
Bitcoin is treated by so many people around the world as an asset, but it is not a digital gold of course. Mainly Bitcoin was created to be a digital currency, and it is so indeed, but as its price is high and very volatile (going up and down fastly) people started to deal with this cryptocurrency as a digital asset.
In addition, the usability of Bitcoin as a currency is still limited, because it is not really supported everywhere as a payment method.

But according to what you said, Bitcoin is now a digital gold. Because it is used as an investment.
I think Bitcoin is like gold due to price changes.  It is also a currency which is working online. So, Bitcoin is a digital gold.
legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1001
October 23, 2018, 03:42:03 PM
Bitcoin is treated by so many people around the world as an asset, but it is not a digital gold of course. Mainly Bitcoin was created to be a digital currency, and it is so indeed, but as its price is high and very volatile (going up and down fastly) people started to deal with this cryptocurrency as a digital asset.
In addition, the usability of Bitcoin as a currency is still limited, because it is not really supported everywhere as a payment method.
Activity: 472
Merit: 10
October 23, 2018, 03:04:12 PM
Bitcoin is more than gold, if we compare bitcoin and gold over the past one year or so then you will see that bitcoin is more profitable than gold. That's why more and more people have been investing in bitcoin instead of gold.
Activity: 406
Merit: 101
October 23, 2018, 02:41:29 PM
After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
Yes, I wanted to admit yesterday that I misspelled it. Although I did not say that the dollar is secured or guaranteed by the gold equivalent. Now trust in the dollar is based on trust in the American economy.
Activity: 13
Merit: 0
October 19, 2018, 02:09:26 PM
CryptoCurrency tracker in your menu bar

More Than 700+ Coins
Take a glance at the most popular crypto currencies' latest prices in your menu bar

Coin Prices In +30 Currencies
See coins' prices in more than +30 most traded currencies such as Dollar, Pound, Euro and more

Customizable Menu Bar View
Mammon is fully customizable and gives you the ability to manage your preferences

Reminders And Notifications
Target your aim and set up your reminder. Mammon will inform you when the price hits your target

Portfolio
Even if you are interested or invest in different coins, see how much money is in your pocket

https://mammon.app/
Activity: 1498
Merit: 506
October 23, 2018, 02:38:41 PM
After reading a lot of posts made by people on this forum, I realized about 75% of them see Bitcoin as a digital Gold. For me, I don't think Bitcoin is a digital gold. Cryptocurrency or Bitcoin to be precise, was developed to be a safer option for transaction of goods and services and also the best mode of payment. Bitcoin was introduced to disable all the restrictions that banks and the financial system presented. A lot of people have lost huge sums of money because they saw bitcoin as a digital gold. I know others will argue that bitcoin has also made people rich but for me, I don't think it is advisable to consider Bitcoin as a digital gold. Bitcoin is a digital currency.
Crypto currencies, the finest invention of all is now providing itself a boon for the humanity as we all know that from the very ancient time, people has the habit to save money as earlier they use to invest into gold and still this method of investing is very much popular but with the modernisation of world, new technologies are coming and bitcoin is one of them as investing in bitcoin is now very much profitable and no doubt that bitcoin now is proving itself a digital gold as now millions of people around the world are investing into bitcoin.
brand new
Activity: 0
October 18, 2018, 04:43:43 AM
From my point of view, BTC can be seen as a digital Gold, as you can store the value of them and they can bring us more  value than before as gold can do. IT is just my personal ide.
Activity: 34
October 25, 2018, 11:50:42 AM
Today, I read an article on bitcoinmagazine.com, which answers exactly to your question.
Probably you have to research a little more.
Bitcoin can have many meanings, and as you already notice, each person has their own idea. Bitcoin can be a currency, a payment method, can be considered digital gold or simply a online scam. The answer can be very differently and in some way sometimes confused. But keep this in mind, Bitcoin is a developing process and new terms along its line may arise.
Activity: 644
Merit: 145
October 23, 2018, 03:19:20 PM
Yes, bitcoin is better than a digital gold because gold has always been a standard of wealth due to its finite amount and liquidity. Diamonds are more rare and beautiful, however, they need to be cut at precise angles in order to valuable.

Gold is extremely liquid and can literally be melted down to liquid form and hold the same value. Additionally, it is worth noting that gold has no real utility value apart from teeth, computer parts, and jewelry, it is not really utilized.

In conclusion, what storage of value is more liquid whilst being finite than gold... Bitcoin

It's incorrect to compare bitcoin and gold. These are two different assets. Different. One of them will never oust the other.
Don't forget that electricity is necessary for bitcoin
copper member
Activity: 60
Merit: 3
October 23, 2018, 02:43:57 PM
Yes, bitcoin is better than a digital gold because gold has always been a standard of wealth due to its finite amount and liquidity. Diamonds are more rare and beautiful, however, they need to be cut at precise angles in order to valuable.

Gold is extremely liquid and can literally be melted down to liquid form and hold the same value. Additionally, it is worth noting that gold has no real utility value apart from teeth, computer parts, and jewelry, it is not really utilized.

In conclusion, what storage of value is more liquid whilst being finite than gold... Bitcoin
Activity: 588
Merit: 100
October 19, 2018, 02:16:02 PM
bitcoin and gold have different markets even though the concept is the same as a profitable investment. if the value of gold is superior because the price is stable. if bitcoin depends on the market situation but the value is unstable
Activity: 784
Merit: 314
October 19, 2018, 02:05:20 PM
bitcoin is a digital currency. but it cannot be denied that bitcoin will be considered gold. bitcoin can be considered also a mixture of gold and internet.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 300
October 19, 2018, 09:52:04 AM
i don't think so. i think bitcoin price don't base on anything. so it not a Digital GOLD

Well, it is based on the movement of the price in the market since the price of these crypto currencies are dependent on the law of demand and supply. Bitcoin is not digital gold, not because it is the most expensive and it is the most popular investment of crypto. It can be compared to gold but gold is still better than Bitcoin.
Activity: 11
October 19, 2018, 09:49:55 AM
i don't think so. i think bitcoin price don't base on anything. so it not a Digital GOLD
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
October 19, 2018, 07:48:27 AM
We can say that bitcoin is a digital gold the different between real gold and bitcoin is their value, bitcoin is continuous fluctuating because it was based on the demand and supply in the market but the real gold is continuous increasing its value and never fluctuates but both is good for long term investment.
Probably yes. It is like a similarities the both of bitcoin and gold has. They have this characteristics that people loves to have it because of the price and that is what we can see. Bitcoin is something that is both as an investment by some people because of its high profitable rate and so as to gold. Therefore we could probably say that bitcoin is the digital gold.
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
Student Coin
October 19, 2018, 04:16:29 AM
We could`nt say that but i`m sure that bitcoin popularity will be more that gold and also its price ,just look at its graph many country now was totally using it for many reason and also they embrace what bitcoin has.
Pages:
Jump to: