Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 25. (Read 3628 times)

Activity: 9
Merit: 0
January 28, 2018, 02:03:51 AM
Bitcoin is a currency as it'll get accepted in many places soon!
Activity: 378
Merit: 108
January 28, 2018, 02:02:45 AM
It both, since it can be use for trading, making payment and paying bills it currency, but the same time it came be saved for future uses that making it an asset.
Activity: 308
Merit: 17
January 28, 2018, 01:39:15 AM
currently there are still many countries that make a ban in terms of transactions using virtual currencies such as bitcoin and included in my country because every citizen who settled and have domicile in my country must make a transaction with an existing currency is a fiat currency that is already official. but if only for an investment of course there is no prohibition imposed in my country because it is the right priogratip on every individual of each country as long as it does not make a sale and purchase transactions in the form of goods or anything by using bitcoin. so I think that's the reason why I prefer bitcoin as an asset to invest.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 502
January 28, 2018, 01:26:51 AM
I think we can say bitcoin is an asset and a currency too. For example I have a bitcoin worth of 5000.00 pesos on my cellphone which is inside of the bitcoin wallet application, that's an asset whose magnitude is 5000.00 pesos. And if we talk about currency, it is how we measure how much of an asset we have. asset and currency, they are functionally different, but we can described bitcoin as an asset and a currency.
Yes  i agree on that bitcoin is a currency,a digital currency that can be used as an asset of gaining a huge amount of profit and it is really a great way to help our self to become more prudent on maming some good decision in the near future we can really put a basis on everything that we do in this currency we can really  gain a huge amount of profit.
Activity: 294
Merit: 11
January 28, 2018, 01:10:37 AM
I think we can say bitcoin is an asset and a currency too. For example I have a bitcoin worth of 5000.00 pesos on my cellphone which is inside of the bitcoin wallet application, that's an asset whose magnitude is 5000.00 pesos. And if we talk about currency, it is how we measure how much of an asset we have. asset and currency, they are functionally different, but we can described bitcoin as an asset and a currency.
Activity: 673
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 01:06:11 AM
in my mind and brain the first bitcoin is the currency as well as transactions in his life as a global transaction that can for mutual agreement between two parties as bitcoin itself as virtual currency in cyberspace and as a mutual agreement if made in the investment of course it can be just like diamonds or gold but we can only see the value is not the actual form at this time
Activity: 199
Merit: 100
0xB911101025014BfCaA3B17BC7683C0817489bB28
January 28, 2018, 01:00:32 AM
It is very good question and there are very different views among community. Actually, it is  known as currency and it had given very good return in last few year and going up and up. There is lots of gap b/w demand and supply so people have start to consider it as a asset. But my point of view, it's still a currency and it can go anywhere up and down.
Activity: 1582
Merit: 279
PredX - AI-Powered Prediction Market
January 28, 2018, 12:50:48 AM
This is similar to a question that asks "is cash an asset or a currency". When you hold it with expectation of appreciation, it's more of an asset. If you use it to exchange for things you need, it is an currency. Simple like that.
that asset that I know of our ownership of the rights we get. with that asset already belongs to us, but the currency is quite different, if the money is enough we need for a medium of exchange is not for us to save such an important asset, such as land.
Activity: 51
January 28, 2018, 12:44:38 AM
This is similar to a question that asks "is cash an asset or a currency". When you hold it with expectation of appreciation, it's more of an asset. If you use it to exchange for things you need, it is an currency. Simple like that.
Activity: 210
Merit: 101
January 28, 2018, 12:32:04 AM
Ask for me bitcoin is my asset from now because bitcoin is my solution if I have financial problem in my expences at home.Asset is important because if you have asset to your profit it is good for your currency.If u have asset it is possible you can get more currency and can be save currency until in increase.
Activity: 394
Merit: 10
January 28, 2018, 12:19:38 AM
If I choose both because in bitcoin is a valuable asset and digital currency for him to get transactions and have freedom Cool
Activity: 812
Merit: 251
January 27, 2018, 08:55:27 PM
For me it is more of an asset now than currency because i barely spend them. Gone were the days when i was transferring them and spending on reckless gambling every now and then but times have changed and i have learnt to save my bitcoins for the future now that its on mass adoption globally.
Activity: 906
Merit: 263
January 27, 2018, 08:26:34 PM
Bitcoin could be used as both asset and a currency in terms of  being a form of cryptocurreny. But the choice is always dependent on the perspective  of an individual with the views they have on Bitcoin. For people, they tend to used Bitcoin as a form of currency on transaction in such way to evade the process on fiat where Bitcoin technically promises a much more faster and reliable transaction. But for most, Bitcoin is a form of asset that could be used on investment to gain profit and to extend the cspañbity of their money to grow.
Yes i agree on that bitcoin is a currency that can really be used as an asset of gaining i believe that bitcoin is really amazing and we can really gain on it if we used it as an asset of gaining bitcoin is now getting more exciting because it is now really getting more profitable because it i popular and the modern world with the used of internet will continue to promote the  amazing features of bitcoin.

People need to wake up and stop thinking in fiat. This obsession for "cashing out" is absolutely ridiculous. I spend bitcoin directly there are some market here that support it. THere are quite a number of different places that accept bitcoin. It's really picking up and I love it. Just the ease of use and the fact that it is a strong currency makes everything better.
Activity: 924
Merit: 502
January 27, 2018, 07:44:19 PM
Bitcoin could be used as both asset and a currency in terms of  being a form of cryptocurreny. But the choice is always dependent on the perspective  of an individual with the views they have on Bitcoin. For people, they tend to used Bitcoin as a form of currency on transaction in such way to evade the process on fiat where Bitcoin technically promises a much more faster and reliable transaction. But for most, Bitcoin is a form of asset that could be used on investment to gain profit and to extend the cspañbity of their money to grow.
Yes i agree on that bitcoin is a currency that can really be used as an asset of gaining i believe that bitcoin is really amazing and we can really gain on it if we used it as an asset of gaining bitcoin is now getting more exciting because it is now really getting more profitable because it i popular and the modern world with the used of internet will continue to promote the  amazing features of bitcoin.
Activity: 210
Merit: 102
January 27, 2018, 07:41:43 PM
Bitcoin isn't just an asset, but there is no easy way to define it. It can be called a cryptocurrency, but that could also make people think it is a currency. Really it is several things including:

1) a store of value,
2) an investment,
3) a method of transferring money electronically,
4) a method of making purchases.

I'm sure there are other features as well.
Activity: 966
Merit: 274
January 27, 2018, 07:39:01 PM
Activity: 560
Merit: 102
January 27, 2018, 07:37:09 PM
I believe that BTC is both an asset and a currency. Some people use it for their everyday payments as a currency and others to hold value (asset).

I also think when more merchants start to accept BTC or any other altcoin as a form of payment, people in general will be more comfortable to use it as currency and eventually BTC will replace fiat.

It is the manner at which people uses bitcoins which is determining on whether bitcoins is with an asset or a currency. But in my opinion I will consider it to be both and maybe more, since others are using it for other things as well.

You are right, the function of bitcoin depends on the user.
There are some things that make bitcoin more dominant as an asset than the currency, which is expensive transaction fees and long confirmation times make bitcoin ineffective for payments. So, some people think it is useless if paying with bitcoin when using cash money is more effective.
Activity: 81
Merit: 30
January 27, 2018, 07:17:56 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
Actually it can act as both a currency and an asset because Bitcoin was possessing both characteristics that a currency and an asset do have. It can be a currency because obviously it was a currency type in terms of being virtual that is why it can be used as a payment to the services or products you avail that is why it is termed as a currency. It acts as an asset on the other hand because it is good for long term holding which is beneficial for investment proper.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
January 27, 2018, 07:06:38 PM
I believe that BTC is both an asset and a currency. Some people use it for their everyday payments as a currency and others to hold value (asset).

I also think when more merchants start to accept BTC or any other altcoin as a form of payment, people in general will be more comfortable to use it as currency and eventually BTC will replace fiat.

It is the manner at which people uses bitcoins which is determining on whether bitcoins is with an asset or a currency. But in my opinion I will consider it to be both and maybe more, since others are using it for other things as well.
Activity: 94
January 27, 2018, 06:10:31 PM
Right now I view bitcoin as an asset. It's not really spendable where I live currently so it's hard to use it as a currency. My girlfriend and I pay each other back using bitcoin though. I think in the future either bitcoin or another faster/lower fee altcoin will be used as currency.
Well, many see it as some kind of asset. As a long-term investment that will be converted only when it gets really really expensive.
Pages:
Jump to: