Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 23. (Read 3628 times)

Activity: 336
Merit: 10
February 05, 2018, 06:18:06 PM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

It can not be considered as currency since it is not yet legalized yet it is not illegal. And also due to the fact that it is only virtual that the government does not acknowledge it. On the other hand, it is an asset that you can trade it for a real money.
Activity: 406
Merit: 100
February 05, 2018, 06:12:11 PM
There is no doubt that bitcoin is a kind of valuable asset like gold or silver. This can be due to bitcoin has its own value and price increases every day. Cool
Activity: 27
Merit: 1
February 03, 2018, 11:33:44 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.c[Suspicious link removed]m/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
Bitcoin is more appropriately called an investment asset in digital form or called a digital asset, until whenever the use of bitcoin is not to replace a currency known as a payment system in another country, because the first currency is complicated, both transactions are not easy either. . I want to pay must convince them first to receive.
Activity: 196
February 03, 2018, 10:27:45 AM

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html
In my opinion, bitcoin is not an asset but bitcoin is the digital currency and we can invest it in it a huge profit advantage
That is exactly what an asset is lol? You invest in something if you’re expecting a rise that’s an investment asset for you? Tf
Activity: 350
February 03, 2018, 10:12:10 AM
I believe that BTC is both an asset and a currency. Some people use it for their everyday payments as a currency and others to hold value (asset).

I also think when more merchants start to accept BTC or any other altcoin as a form of payment, people in general will be more comfortable to use it as currency and eventually BTC will replace fiat.

Few people anymore actually use it like a payment currency anymore unless you are rich and do very major sized BTC purchases
Activity: 2590
Merit: 644
February 02, 2018, 11:21:04 AM
Bitcoin is an asset and currency at the same time, i said asset because the price of bitcoin is moving up over the time and that makes people to earn just because they have bitcoin and they are holding it. Bitcoin is a currency also because there are stores or places that you can use your bitcoin to pay stuff or item that you are buying.
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
February 02, 2018, 07:27:27 AM
Temporarily considered to be an investment, the value of the embodiment is not very obvious.
 Wink Wink Wink Wink
Actually, it will depend to you on how you will used it because some prefer to used as an investment, asset and currency. On the other hand, bitcoin is a good investment for long term where you can make huge amount of money and income. However, you can also used as an currency where you can used it to exchange in some valuables things.
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
February 02, 2018, 07:22:39 AM
both... you can say currency or asset..
copper member
Activity: 490
Merit: 2
February 02, 2018, 06:56:58 AM
For me bitcoin is a currency.It is only a digital currency that no government involved.Unlike real money who controlled by governments,this currency is private and it is used as payments in transaction online like paying bills.The good thing with this coin is,you can earned this even without capital.You don't need to be physically fit in ordrer to work and have this.
Activity: 392
February 02, 2018, 06:48:07 AM
Bitcoin is a digital currency it will become an asset if you will invest for a long term of investment with bitcoin. I guess it may be an asset since you acquire something from your savings.
Activity: 196
February 02, 2018, 06:42:19 AM
I think bitcoin a currency because bitcoin use for transaction and much people use bitcoin for transaction and if asset people dont use bitcoin every month for transaction.
Activity: 210
Merit: 11
February 01, 2018, 04:51:50 AM
this questions is twisty. well, to some people bitcoin is an asset and to another person bitcoin is an investment. But which ever way we all see it, bitcoin remains relevant on both areas either as asset or as an investment. lots of people are now investing lots of their money into bitcoin because they believe that even if it falls in value today it will surely skyrocket within a short while. so people who invest into bitcoin systematically turns it to an asset by leaving it there to continue growing because they believe so much that their investment cannot suddenly get lost into thin air.
It was meant to be a currency for everyone with good fees and speed. But now the speed is shit af, and the fees is retarded g
Activity: 202
Merit: 102
January 29, 2018, 09:17:42 PM
As far as I know, bitcoin is now considered as an asset and a payment method in some country. It's a very long way for bitcoin to be a currency.
Investors and early adopters like these (bitcoin) assets because they are untethered from the regular economy where fiat currencies, more traditional forms of exchange and value transfer reign the day. It is not without a sense of irony that part of Bitcoin’s rapid ascent this year is owed to the fact that traditional economy players are now paying close attention to this asset class. While some of this attention remains negative, profoundly confused or ambivalent, such as China and South Korea banning initial coin offerings ICOs along with ongoing attempts to regulate a fundamentally decentralized platform. Add to these negative views Jamie Dimon’s full-throated attack on Bitcoin including the threat of terminating any JP Morgan employee caught trading in the digital asset, and the unwelcome news levied against digital assets continues to mount. With each puff of hot air, however, as if in open revolt to traditional economic order, Bitcoin continues to defy the odds taking investors to stratospheric heights where the air begins to thin and bubbles traditionally deflate.
Activity: 78
January 29, 2018, 09:07:30 PM
If bitcoin is a currency, then its floating is too dramatic. This will affect its willingness to use it as a currency.
People will decide for the asset or currency Bitcoin, it is to see that there is no price. Bitcoin price fluctuations, I prefer being defined as assets.
Activity: 84
January 29, 2018, 07:42:00 PM
bitcoin  have double functions, as an asset and a digital currency. But the fact is bitcoin is still used more for investment and not as a medium of exchange. Because it  takes a lot of adaptation from many companies and businesses, so  bitcoin can be used more as a medium of exchange by people
Yes, I agree with you. It can be an asset because you can either trade or hold it while waiting its price to increase. And in other way, it can be a currency because bitcoin can be use in paying bills or buying something.
Activity: 476
Merit: 256
January 29, 2018, 04:50:21 PM
To me BTC is your asset as well as your cryptocurrency.Now lets analyze it asset aspect,asset mean a valuable thing from which we can benefit in future,You investment in your BTC increase your asset or you earn your BTC online or whatever,increasing your wealth.Now second aspect is how it can be treated as currency,you can convert your BTC into cash and make shoppings,make payments,now it is acting like a currency.This is my thinking and it may vary from person to person.SO BTC enjoys both asset aspect and currency aspect.
Activity: 280
January 29, 2018, 04:17:58 PM
This is similar to a question that asks "is cash an asset or a currency". When you hold it with expectation of appreciation, it's more of an asset. If you use it to exchange for things you need, it is an currency. Simple like that.
that asset that I know of our ownership of the rights we get. with that asset already belongs to us, but the currency is quite different, if the money is enough we need for a medium of exchange is not for us to save such an important asset, such as land.
Well it is not like land but yeah one resemblance that bitcoin has with land asset and it is that both of them can be kept for long time so it will give you benefits. Bitcoin is something really interesting as you can sue for all kind of needs, if you are not in need of money you can make bitcoin asset buy investing your money in bitcoin at the same time you can invest so bitcoin has both qualities it is all up to us that how and where we use our bitcoin.
Here I do agree with you but if we look at qualities and features then bitcoin is better than land business because no doubt a bitcoin holder is better than a landlord. Holding bitcoin means growth as price of bitcoin sue to grow everyday but land is not so expensive its price use to grow very slow, so there is no comparison at all. Bitcoin is an asset and we use to hold it for long time to get better output and better future form bitcoin.
Activity: 224
January 29, 2018, 12:31:22 PM
When you hold it with expectation of appreciation, it's more of an asset. If you use it to exchange for things you need, it is an currency.
Activity: 252
January 29, 2018, 12:27:47 PM
I think bitcoin is an asset or a currency both.Because anyone can convert bitcoin in liqued cash money anytime,So it's a asset.In the meen time it a currency also.Anyone can use bitcoin in any local currency,thank you.
Activity: 588
Merit: 106
January 29, 2018, 12:21:18 PM

early created bitcoin for ease of transaction, such as delivery, transfer, payment. and bitcoin made for real-world currency equality. but the more time, many want bitcoin so the price starts to rise. because the bitcoin is considered an asset. and already no real currency back
Pages:
Jump to: