Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin an asset or a currency? - page 22. (Read 3628 times)

Activity: 434
Merit: 101
February 23, 2018, 05:35:26 AM
In short bitcoin is the currency but if we have known to the financial knowledge then i think that we will say that it is the liquid asset in the business terms like bitcoin we can use as currency and it is the asset as well we can hold this for future we can make investment through this and the value also up and sown So we can say that the crypto currency like bitcoin is good to use in the same way as it's nature we have to pay for bills and for online shopping and for online travel etc.
Activity: 121
Merit: 0
February 23, 2018, 05:30:07 AM
Well for me bitcoin is a currency because it can be used as mode of payment and many other transactions and when you invest in bitcoin you will earn more profit in the future that makes bitcoin an asset.

Bitcion is a type of virtual currency due to paying some payments through online but it will become an assets when converted to cash.
Activity: 180
Merit: 10
February 23, 2018, 05:25:13 AM
Bitcoin is a crypto currency, but it is turning into an asset day by day.It is getting popularity worldwide and uses block chain technology. Block chain technology is going to replace the traditional banking system. Therefore, bitcoin will boom undoubtedly and turn into an asset in near future.
Activity: 256
Merit: 100
February 23, 2018, 05:22:33 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

It is simple. BTC is asset becuase:
1- currency must be stable to people use it for their trades
2- currency must have low fee for transaction

BTC has not nor of abow conditions. so it is only an assets
Activity: 266
February 23, 2018, 05:14:30 AM
btc are assets rather than the currency, the currency is a kind of investment products, don't be as fixed assets to look at him, because if the currency of one day suddenly is not valuable, then you will have nothing.

Activity: 1274
Merit: 115
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 23, 2018, 04:50:18 AM

Seems many people treat bitcoin like an asset given how much it's gone up over the last year or so. But some academics disagree with that assessment. If it is to be treated as a currency, it will need to stabilize to be of use.

https://www.cnbc.com/2017/10/24/nyus-dean-of-valuation-says-bitcoin-is-a-currency.html

For me, bitcoin is still a currency, it can be used for transactions and the same with the normal currency it's value changes as well. But, what makes bitcoin special is it's volatility range which goes really high enough for it to be considered as an asset and disregarding it's classification as a currency in the first place.
Activity: 238
February 23, 2018, 03:34:41 AM
Btc is both an asset and currency. It is an asset because you can invest in it for the future (long term or short term), and it is a currency because it can be used for transactions (shopping, paying bills, etc.)
Activity: 14
February 23, 2018, 03:30:07 AM
Bitcoin is an asset because it can produce value and can be converted into cash. It can also be asset because you can store it and when it comes to the time you can sell it at high value.
Activity: 364
February 23, 2018, 02:28:42 AM
Bitcoin is asset right now. Until we can use it for microtransactions and until I can't buy coffee with BTC, I call it asset! But when and if fees will go higher than now, I don't know how to name it!

much needed funds to stabilize bitcoin prices around the world. And if that happens then the possibility in this world only has one currency is bitcoin. I agree if bitcoin is treated as an asset, because for now it will be difficult to ascertain the exact price of bitcoin, price changes happen every second and very quickly
Activity: 123
PITCH – THE FUTURE OF OPPORTUNITY
February 21, 2018, 05:37:17 PM
Bitcoin today is used as an asset, it is a profit generating investment consdering what we saw in the last couple of years, Bitcoin is highly volatile which is good for traders and investors bit not if we want to use it as a form of currency. A currency should have a stable value in the first place.
Activity: 266
Merit: 151
First crypto index traded as a token!
February 21, 2018, 04:17:32 PM
Although more and more shops, hotels and even KFC accept bitcoin as a payment, but with the issues bitcoin still has it's not much of a currency. As long as lengthy waiting times and high fees are not taken care of, it's more of an asset to invest in, especially with the high volatility. When Lightning Network is implemented and transactions are faster and cheaper, then bitcoin can be used as a currency.
Activity: 476
Merit: 256
February 21, 2018, 04:07:39 PM
Currently BTC can be termed as your asset rather than currency,however it will take a lot of time to call BTC as normal currency.BTC is basically storage of value just like gold.Right now you can not use  purely bitcoin as currency but in coming few years it will be used in many hotels,shopping malls as currency.It also plays a currency role when you cash it into fiat currency.
Activity: 769
Merit: 108
February 21, 2018, 04:00:23 PM

Both, assets and currensy. assets because bitcoin can help your financial on the future, buy no and you will get benefit inthe future. And currensy because bicoin can buy something goods, like phone, laptop and etc, also bitcoin can using to pay service like pay marketing, champaign etc
Activity: 28
February 21, 2018, 03:53:33 PM
In my opinion bitcoin is totally an asset. You can pay and withdraw and you can do many other things.
Activity: 168
February 05, 2018, 06:55:44 PM
Bitcoin is an asset. It is one of the most successful assets on the planet right now because it's a global speculation & investment. Unlike a currency, which is used to assign and exchange value, an asset has its own inherent value based on what people will pay for it. Asset it is.
Activity: 168
Merit: 100
February 05, 2018, 06:53:48 PM
Bitcoin was a currency. Now people are treating Bitcoin as a tradable asset.
Activity: 238
February 05, 2018, 06:44:41 PM
Bitcoin today can be compared to Silver and Gold (minerals) which are certainly assets. In our lifes Silver was used as currency but it is used no more. From this comparisonsit is obvouis Bitcoin is not a Currency but an Asset. The volatility of bitcoin is another factor that makes it impossible for it to be called a Currency.
Activity: 243
Merit: 11
February 05, 2018, 06:42:01 PM
Bitcoin is generally a currency, but in my opinion it can be because bitcoin on one side can be used as a means of payment and on the other hand bitcoin is stored for future goods and this can be regarded as a very useful asset for bitcoin users or investors.
Activity: 743
Merit: 250
February 05, 2018, 06:26:01 PM
I think Bitcoin is mainly a currency, it is created to be a digital currency, different than fiat in many ways. But it is also an asset, because it is value and price are increasing highly in short periods of time. So people hold it for making good profit since its price is increasing faster than other currencies.
Activity: 392
Merit: 101
February 05, 2018, 06:21:58 PM
In my point of view they are asset and it can be a currency- a digital currency where in you can trade it to other currency around the world. but ofcourse some people don't know how to use it. We're all changing we should teach our friends, families and relatives on how to use bitcoin as a payment category.
Pages:
Jump to: