Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 104. (Read 110801 times)

Activity: 140
Merit: 100
May 12, 2015, 11:12:42 AM
It is gonna hit 2k in short notice.

- Mayer Amschel
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
May 12, 2015, 10:17:19 AM
The government is the right place to blame. Why? Because they act to slow for this kind of method of payment? You can see the future of this bitcoin and still they are still finding more and more regulation just to control this bitcoin just for themselves and that is not for us. And the media is like mediator to connect us and government so they will know how big is this bitcoin is

What does the gov have to do with anything? Bitcoin works fine without their blessing or regulations. Regulations have absolutely nothing to do with the stifling of the price so we can't just keep blaming them.

Having government going against btc do impact btc price.

Were you around when btc went from $1100 to $300 within one week when china put a ban on it?

I don't remember that Bitcoin went from 1100$ to 300$ in just one week. IIRC, at first it went down to ~900$ then bounced back a little, then dropped to about 650$ where it stayed long enough (certainly longer than one week). Later it fell to around 450$ where it had been for a few months...

Pumps are like that, so they catch all the weak hands when they are sleeping, just like a whale setting a trap for small fish. The first 30 USD bubble was the same. Long period of long trend, then out of fucking nowhere price goes like x30
legendary
Activity: 3486
Merit: 1280
English ⬄ Russian Translation Services
May 12, 2015, 04:54:00 AM
The government is the right place to blame. Why? Because they act to slow for this kind of method of payment? You can see the future of this bitcoin and still they are still finding more and more regulation just to control this bitcoin just for themselves and that is not for us. And the media is like mediator to connect us and government so they will know how big is this bitcoin is

What does the gov have to do with anything? Bitcoin works fine without their blessing or regulations. Regulations have absolutely nothing to do with the stifling of the price so we can't just keep blaming them.

Were you around when btc went from $1100 to $300 within one week when china put a ban on it?

I don't remember that Bitcoin went from 1100$ to 300$ in just one week. IIRC, at first it went down to ~900$ then bounced back a little, then dropped to about 650$ where it stayed long enough (certainly longer than one week). Later it fell to around 450$ where it had been for a few months...
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
May 12, 2015, 03:10:29 AM

ehm it wasn't for that reason exactly, or at least there is no real evidence or proof, they said million times that who caused the crash was the same who caused the pump, aka willy bot
legendary
Activity: 3724
Merit: 1028
The Best Tipster on the Forum!!
May 12, 2015, 02:47:16 AM

I was there when the price droped drastic,but i still dont get it why Canada,China and other countries ban bitcoin
Are they afraid about there own currency?
Activity: 231
May 12, 2015, 12:06:20 AM

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 11, 2015, 09:59:20 PM

Their response just to slow for anything that they want to do. There are too many consideration before they act. Yes of course bitcoin work fine without their blessing but with their blessing our bitcoin spreading is faster and make it mainstream so it will be easier for everyone to do their things with bitcoin
Activity: 21
Merit: 0
May 11, 2015, 01:31:08 PM

legendary
May 11, 2015, 01:22:28 PM
No neither its dead nor dying. Bitcoin has a great future and it will grow its value in coming years Once the Government start accepting as a currency it will grow more and that would directly increase its value so i don't think its dying for next 15 to 20 years atleast.

But how are you so sure that government will acppeted our bitcoin is this world? There is so many things that they must do before they are going to aceppt it and I dont think they will do that. There is fiat that government control so I dont think its value will rise with this kind of way

That's the problem we are facing that Government will not accept the bitcoin as currency. It's really difficult to believe that Government will accept it as its an threat for an fiat money and banking system so lets what future is going to offer us is it bitcoin or fiat?

I dont think I get you word. But what I know is we just can wait for the best, may be government will came out with new regulation about bitcoin that profitable to us. Why not we going for it? For noww we just can save or earn as many as bitcoin we have and make it alive not let it dying

Yeah believing in the best we can think positive that Government gives full support to bitcoin and start adopting and accepting it as a currency. Need to have patience and preserve the bitcoins for the future and can trade when the right time and right value is offered.

You cannot simply afford to blame Governments everytime. You should blame the media for this once the adoption is increased bitcoin will regain its value and i don't think its dead all countries will start accepting it then it would definitely regain its position.

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
May 10, 2015, 06:41:40 PM
short answer no, just a little crisis due to the price being low/many lost huge amount of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other small stuff

just a despair phase that is very long apparently

It's really gone "off the radar" since the BTC boom...

It's definitely not high in public awareness right now. It is getting attention from the people who count. Witness the amount of VC investment and the financial institutions starting to investigate possibilities. A lot is going on while the wider world is pretty oblivious. That counts for a lot more in the long run.
Activity: 238
May 10, 2015, 04:53:47 PM
short answer no, just a little crisis due to the price being low/many lost huge amount of money because they bought at the peak, taxes being a problem, and other small stuff

just a despair phase that is very long apparently

It's really gone "off the radar" since the BTC boom...
Activity: 344
Merit: 250
May 08, 2015, 03:40:10 PM
No neither its dead nor dying. Bitcoin has a great future and it will grow its value in coming years Once the Government start accepting as a currency it will grow more and that would directly increase its value so i don't think its dying for next 15 to 20 years atleast.

But how are you so sure that government will acppeted our bitcoin is this world? There is so many things that they must do before they are going to aceppt it and I dont think they will do that. There is fiat that government control so I dont think its value will rise with this kind of way

That's the problem we are facing that Government will not accept the bitcoin as currency. It's really difficult to believe that Government will accept it as its an threat for an fiat money and banking system so lets what future is going to offer us is it bitcoin or fiat?

I dont think I get you word. But what I know is we just can wait for the best, may be government will came out with new regulation about bitcoin that profitable to us. Why not we going for it? For noww we just can save or earn as many as bitcoin we have and make it alive not let it dying

Yeah believing in the best we can think positive that Government gives full support to bitcoin and start adopting and accepting it as a currency. Need to have patience and preserve the bitcoins for the future and can trade when the right time and right value is offered.

You cannot simply afford to blame Governments everytime. You should blame the media for this once the adoption is increased bitcoin will regain its value and i don't think its dead all countries will start accepting it then it would definitely regain its position.
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
May 08, 2015, 02:47:43 PM

legendary
May 08, 2015, 12:44:17 PM

legendary
Activity: 1036
Merit: 1001
/dev/null
May 08, 2015, 12:05:05 PM
ahhh ofc fiat because gov can control it. and you know..who is controlling money is also controlling people. I was so skeptical about gov that I already stop reading news for my mental health..
Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
May 08, 2015, 12:03:02 PM

s2
Activity: 198
Merit: 123
May 08, 2015, 10:27:03 AM
This is amusing, the fact people are bothering to answer this question shows that it is very much alive but perhaps I'm just delusional.

My take on it is I've yet to see something able to handle a finite decentralized digital resource in a vastly more scalable way that is simple to use... until someone can show how to do that Bitcoin is far ahead of anything else and the price per coin appears to reflect this sentiment.

legendary
Activity: 1937
Merit: 1001
May 08, 2015, 09:20:37 AM

You sound like Neo.. i would recommend you take the red pill and wake up, but you seem all too comfortable in your bitcoin bubble.

Bitcoin was presented to the world. The people have seen it, the government has seen it,  and they rejected the concept. Worse, they laugh at it and disgust the fundamentalist ideas that often go with it.
That's where the story ends. Sure there will be a few years of hopeless trading,  crashes and dead cat bounces, but this is it,  has been for a while now.
legendary
May 08, 2015, 08:35:27 AM

Activity: 952
Merit: 1000
May 08, 2015, 06:13:25 AM
Jump to: