Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 106. (Read 110801 times)

legendary
Activity: 1470
Merit: 1024
May 06, 2015, 12:37:44 PM
Until there's a real case use for Btc in the world it won't rise i guess.. and the strenght of king dolla doesn't help. It's retracing now so we will see

I dont think it s related using bitcoin in the world. lately 2013 , it was 1200 $ and people or company who are using bitcoin was not much enough like today. Maybe it was just a pump who knows. But we cant despair, i belive it will find its real value day by day.
Activity: 924
Merit: 1000
May 06, 2015, 12:31:15 PM
Until there's a real case use for Btc in the world it won't rise i guess.. and the strenght of king dolla doesn't help. It's retracing now so we will see
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
May 06, 2015, 11:19:35 AM
Bitcoin is not dead but loosing its popularity by the emergence of altcoins.

Er, what?

Which single alt has gained any mainstream press or VC investment in significant numbers recently?

There is Ripple but that's a payment system. None of the alts out there have made the slightest splash.

Yes. All alt coin beside Ripple should be considered outright fraud (pre-mining, instant mining without letting anyone know).
If there is a scam altcoin that's Ripple. It just has a more serious aura because there are people with money invested in. Other than that, if you do your research you'll know the coin is a mess and another Bitcoin wannabe destined to fail.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
May 06, 2015, 08:17:53 AM
At this point it is safe to say that the feel in the BTC community is the one i experienced with the Internet in the 80's, and look at it now.

- Mayer Amschel
legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 06, 2015, 08:15:42 AM

Yes. All alt coin beside Ripple should be considered outright fraud (pre-mining, instant mining without letting anyone know).

There are plenty of completely legit alts but you're right, overall their track record is wretched. The ones that make the most noise are usually the crooked ones.

I guess you are misunderstood this altcoin. The one that make most noise usually crooked but its not for altcoin. See the volume of some altcoin and you know that is not crooked. Dont judge the books by its cover, you can't predict anything is this altcoin is going to the moon or not
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1005
May 06, 2015, 03:26:01 AM
Bitcoin is only as dead or alive as it is being used.  I think we're in that quiet time before another meager rise.  Or it could be a much larger rise.  For now, I'm content with the current price but who knows what tomorrow brings.

i agree with you. but for now so many people using bitcoin
i think never dead and go to the moon.
legendary
Activity: 2296
Merit: 1031
May 06, 2015, 01:44:43 AM
Bitcoin is only as dead or alive as it is being used.  I think we're in that quiet time before another meager rise.  Or it could be a much larger rise.  For now, I'm content with the current price but who knows what tomorrow brings.
Activity: 631
Merit: 500
May 05, 2015, 07:47:33 PM
I believe that BitCoin will make a comeback once people in India start to learn about it. Many of the super rich upper class Indians do not know about India and tax evasion is very common in India. The government in India is starting to crack down on some of the methods which might cause BitCoin to become more popular

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/magazine/in-india-tax-evasion-is-a-national-sport-07282011.html
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/india-crackdown-on-tax-evasion-30701768.html

BitCoin is a lot easier to hide than fiat
I Agree with that. Most of the countries are not aware about the bitcoins once the awareness level is high and once people start adopting bitcoins it will be again in great demand But people who are aware and wants to invest in bitcoins i think this is the best time to invest.
alh
legendary
Activity: 1846
Merit: 1052
May 05, 2015, 06:41:05 PM
I believe that BitCoin will make a comeback once people in India start to learn about it. Many of the super rich upper class Indians do not know about India and tax evasion is very common in India. The government in India is starting to crack down on some of the methods which might cause BitCoin to become more popular

http://www.bloomberg.com/bw/magazine/in-india-tax-evasion-is-a-national-sport-07282011.html
http://www.independent.ie/world-news/india-crackdown-on-tax-evasion-30701768.html

It seems unlikely to me that Bitcoin's long term future is secured by being a safe haven haven for tax evasion. Won't you have to un-hide some of it if you want to purchase something?
Activity: 140
Get Free Mobile Data http://get.kickbit.com/1/oexq
May 05, 2015, 05:51:40 PM
I believe that BitCoin will make a comeback once people in India start to learn about it. Many of the super rich upper class Indians do not know about bitcoins and in India and tax evasion is very common in India. The government in India is starting to crack down on some of the methods which might cause BitCoin to become more popular

Activity: 938
Merit: 1000
May 05, 2015, 05:38:19 PM
At present the prices of bitcoins are lowering down so feel have a belief that its dead and it wont survive in future as it is facing competition from altcoins but honestly speaking its not dead and it will be more stable in future and would be better option to invest.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
May 03, 2015, 06:33:01 AM

There are plenty of completely legit alts but you're right, overall their track record is wretched. The ones that make the most noise are usually the crooked ones.

legendary
Activity: 1834
Merit: 1008
May 03, 2015, 05:52:03 AM

Er, what?

Which single alt has gained any mainstream press or VC investment in significant numbers recently?

There is Ripple but that's a payment system. None of the alts out there have made the slightest splash.

Are you telling that litecoin or dogecoin as a fraud? I dont think so because their market buying and selling is always high as usual that altcoin doesnt make it fraud and still many out there that not a fraud
Activity: 213
May 02, 2015, 03:05:32 PM

Er, what?

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
May 02, 2015, 12:35:53 PM

Er, what?

Activity: 533
May 02, 2015, 08:25:24 AM
But you can't say its dead it will face the competition in future from the new technologies that will emerge in market but still long way to go. No need to worry for atleast 10-15 years.
Activity: 2
Merit: 0
May 01, 2015, 03:13:12 PM
Bitcoin will never die, on top of that it's getting really used in country with an unstable currency (Argentina for example), so there will always be a need of BTC, even if other payements forms become cheaper and safer  Wink
Activity: 518
Merit: 250
May 01, 2015, 02:56:04 PM
Altcoins eat a lot of price too, since alts are mostly purchased with bitcoin and not fiat. And they all or almost all of them serve the same purpose. So if the demand for alts would return to bitcoin it might change some things here... but I would think it's the other way around most likely...
Activity: 770
Merit: 509
May 01, 2015, 02:24:37 PM
No bitcoin is not dead. Its rising at a moment and so not to worry for next 10 years but i think it will decrease its value in near future as people will start adopting from different countries and as circulation is more it might loose its value in coming future.
If people start adopting it the price should elevate due mere mathematics, higher demand = more value. The price will not go that high yet because there are still enough BTC being generated. Once halving happens then its rocket time.
Activity: 602
May 01, 2015, 12:36:16 PM
Its just a temporary phase,its still decentralized and that means that any other currency has the potential to come ahead as well,i actually find theses times exciting and volatile,not dead.It is just more people buying out rather than more btc being mined in the works,it just takes little more time lot more transactions to leading again
Jump to: