Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 110. (Read 110801 times)

Activity: 98
Merit: 10
March 07, 2015, 04:17:15 AM
Just because its going lower, doesn't mean thats the end of bitcoin. Success is not always measure in the price it has.

Add another person who can't read:

Both of you need to learn how to read. I did not write that Bitcoin is dead. In fact, I wrote that it will bottom when most idealistic fanboys think it is dead. Then it will rise with new focus that is more realistic. Again the decentralized consensus idealism is not true. The OP explained for example that mining is not decentralized.
March 07, 2015, 02:55:07 AM
Exactly this, every single time bitcoin crashes it gets back up on its feet pretty quickly too

And from lower and lower lows...

The price is not getting stronger.

The realism is getting stronger, but we still have a lot of these illogical fanboys to destroy first.
Activity: 1036
Merit: 504
Becoming legend, but I took merit to the knee :(
March 07, 2015, 02:45:51 AM
Bitcoin has been predicted to dead many times.
But none of them are realized.
Every time bitcoin get more stronger.

Exactly this, every single time bitcoin crashes it gets back up on its feet pretty quickly too
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
March 07, 2015, 01:24:22 AM
Bitcoin has been predicted to dead many times.
But none of them are realized.
Every time bitcoin get more stronger.
March 07, 2015, 12:50:19 AM
When most everyone says it is dead, only a few diehards remain, that will be the bottom in the price and we will rise again from there.

It is a positive sign that some people are starting to think it is dead. Unfortunately there are still too many idealistic fanboys who think it is not dead (they provide the wrong reasons for justification, e.g. decentralized consensus is a joke and a lie) and they need to lose their money first buying BTC at these nosebleed levels.

Bitcoin will never die, it was declared dead more times than George Bush was called stupid.
You need to differentiate bitcoin, and bitcoin price, because you obviously got confused between the two, but regardless, i can assure you that both of the two are live and ticking,
and will continue to do so for a long, long time (..and they made bitcoin transactions happily ever after- That long)

cheers

This is it above, how many times has bitcoin been declared dead on this forum...

Both of you need to learn how to read. I did not write that Bitcoin is dead. In fact, I wrote that it will bottom when most idealistic fanboys think it is dead. Then it will rise with new focus that is more realistic. Again the decentralized consensus idealism is not true. The OP explained for example that mining is not decentralized.

When most everyone says it is dead, only a few diehards remain, that will be the bottom in the price and we will rise again from there.

It is a positive sign that some people are starting to think it is dead. Unfortunately there are still too many idealistic fanboys who think it is not dead (they provide the wrong reasons for justification, e.g. decentralized consensus is a joke and a lie) and they need to lose their money first buying BTC at these nosebleed levels.

So your theory is that after very few people are left using/hoarding bitcoin, suddenly bitcoin will become relevant again?

The timing of the old false idealism dying and some new realism taking form seem to be roughly aligned for no particular reason other than they are. It's just time.

Well actually there is a reason they are aligned. And you refer to the links I posted in my first post in this thread. And to this one as well:

https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.10687107

As for the technical and market adoption realism coming to Bitcoin, please refer to one of those prior links I provided wherein I stated that the only two markets for Bitcoin are "speculation" and "nefarious" activities. I provided a detailed explanation there.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 07, 2015, 12:05:49 AM
The ecosystem that got bitcoin to where it is today is dying off and rightly so. The sheer number of early pioneers who have either scammed, been jailed or done a runner is truly mind boggling. Most exchanges, almost all securities and countless schemes and wallets have fucked up.

The blockchain is lovely. It doesn't count for much if the services that surround and enable it are all shit. As a base principal communism is quite appealing. It's the human factor that makes it an unbearable reality.

We're transitioning from the original pool of scum to a more professional setup. The early believers are either hanging in there or are wrung dry. It needs fresh blood. They'll only be convinced when there's something to be convinced by. I think that's coming day by day.

I don't think so bitcoin users still in develop each day .
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
March 06, 2015, 10:34:17 PM
The ecosystem that got bitcoin to where it is today is dying off and rightly so. The sheer number of early pioneers who have either scammed, been jailed or done a runner is truly mind boggling. Most exchanges, almost all securities and countless schemes and wallets have fucked up.

The blockchain is lovely. It doesn't count for much if the services that surround and enable it are all shit. As a base principal communism is quite appealing. It's the human factor that makes it an unbearable reality.

We're transitioning from the original pool of scum to a more professional setup. The early believers are either hanging in there or are wrung dry. It needs fresh blood. They'll only be convinced when there's something to be convinced by. I think that's coming day by day.

Activity: 252
www.CloudThink.IO
March 06, 2015, 10:31:19 PM
Bitcoin will never dead why are you saying this ? I don't think the bitcoin value is in the price but in
the privacy , freedom , fatest ,,,

That is right you hit the nail on the head my friend!

Why can all newbies be as sharp as you,  he is saying this because he has watched his 500+ buy in drop to these lows and he is focused on the moneys not the hope it gives which is a shame.
Activity: 140
Merit: 100
March 06, 2015, 10:28:27 PM
Bitcoin will never dead why are you saying this ? I don't think the bitcoin value is in the price but in
the privacy , freedom , fatest ,,,
Activity: 25
Merit: 0
March 06, 2015, 10:26:12 PM
Look at the price steadily increase. Smiley
I love bitcoins.
March 06, 2015, 10:14:08 PM
Simple answer: NO, or not yet
The year 2015 has been very rough for bitcoins. From a price of $314 per coin on New Year’s Day it slumped 43 per cent to a low of $177.
Mt. Gox, the world's largest bitcoin exchange, suddenly announced that hundreds of millions of dollars worth of bitcoins were stolen last month. This isn't the only one. But I believe in the future bitcoin and other cryptocurrency will still have a prominence and potential to "rebound" back into the economy.
Activity: 602
Merit: 500
March 06, 2015, 09:08:23 PM
If bitcoin is dead and its price is above $200, It makes me wonder what if bitcoin is alive and i wonder what its price..
bah!, Seriously dead? Companies in different are using BTC how can it be dead? It makes no sense Sad
www.CloudThink.IO
March 06, 2015, 08:56:57 PM

Bitcoin will never die, it was declared dead more times than George Bush was called stupid.
You need to differentiate bitcoin, and bitcoin price, because you obviously got confused between the two, but regardless, i can assure you that both of the two are live and ticking,
and will continue to do so for a long, long time (..and they made bitcoin transactions happily ever after- That long)

cheers

This is it above, how many times has bitcoin been declared dead on this forum to many for you to be able to give me a credible answer but i know it is alot as does anyone who has been around. The only thing that is dying OP is your faith in bitcoin not the coin itself the coin is doing better than it has been for ages it is just so many are complaining because we are not rocketing over the moon. So what about that this is more about price decline and all the rest of that crap this is about change.
legendary
Activity: 1722
Merit: 1000
Satoshi is rolling in his grave. #bitcoin
March 06, 2015, 08:46:22 PM

cheers
legendary
Activity: 1372
Merit: 1252
March 06, 2015, 08:22:29 PM
Slowly but surely bitcoin will soon be dead .
With prices continue to fall , but rose occasionally , can be ascertained bitcoin will die sometime soon .  Wink'
This is just my opinion for bitcoin  Smiley
You are so wrong my friend. Price is not reflecting at all what Bitcoin means to history in the big picture. People will sooner or later give its objective value which is several orders of magnitude higher than it is now.
Activity: 420
March 06, 2015, 07:55:43 PM

So your theory is that after very few people are left using/hoarding bitcoin, suddenly bitcoin will become relevant again? It's not the price of bitcoin that matters, but its adoption as a system that people use. Also, thanks for your links, but I don't think questions about the long term viability of bitcoin can be addressed by technical analysis of the bitcoin price (technical analysis is built on ignoring the fundamentals and just looking at price action, but it's the fundamentals that I am interested in).  
March 06, 2015, 02:07:37 PM

legendary
Activity: 1358
Merit: 1014
March 06, 2015, 01:41:33 PM
Op I can tell you one thing. People already invested so much in bitcoin that is is not advisable to resign in a half way. Nobody who was interested in bitcoin will quit just because price of bitcoin are little low now. So bitcoin is no dead at never will be.
Indeed, we have a solid group of whales such as the Winklevoss brothers that in no way are going to sell because of short term views on the price.
Activity: 518
Merit: 500
March 05, 2015, 05:09:33 PM
Bitcoin is more than likely dead for now until a possible price rise.

With all the things happening like ASICminer problems, crash, possible hard fork, and no real use other than the price of it to purchase things, it's pretty much dead.
Jump to: