Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin dead? - page 83. (Read 110801 times)

legendary
Activity: 1134
Merit: 1000
August 31, 2015, 01:17:42 PM
are you kidding ?

bitcoin has been dead for years,

just read this 2011 article from wired http://www.wired.com/2011/11/mf_bitcoin/

Telling that bitcoin is dead based in an article of 2011 when we are in the end of 2015 and bitcoin is more live than forever is purely a naivety. There are to many developments of bitcoin since that year that testify that bitcoin not only is not dead but is more live than ever. More known, more developed and more evaluated. Millions of people know now bitcoin and many of them own and use it. While in 2011 the number maybe were 1000 or 2000 people which have heard that word.

But are another thing that testify that bitcoin will not be dead never. The technology behind it. That technology which is disruptive for many other technologies will support always bitcoin and this would made it immortal.
Activity: 854
Merit: 1009
JAYCE DESIGNS - http://bit.ly/1tmgIwK
August 31, 2015, 01:04:04 PM
bitcoin is still standing strong why consider it dead though

because some people here want to buy cheap coins and spread FUD.

Would you imagine Bitcoin's price to lower down to $100? This could all be possible thanks to Bitcoin XT. If that happens, I'll buy a big sum of Bitcoins and hold them for the next increase in price.
If the price of bitcoin increase after 2 years would you keep it? Because anything can happen, so you can't say that you can keep it until the price of bitcoin goes up again.

You do have a point there. I'll just hold them until there's an increase in price (around $1000) and hopefully cash out some coins into fiat. The rest of Bitcoins would be exchanged into Nubits. They're are pegged to the value of USD and thus, it would be a good option just in case Bitcoin's price goes down (I think). Just my opinion.  Roll Eyes

Yea but they are not pegged 100%, because they use a basked with like Peercoin and such.

If you really want a crypto-USD then try BITUSD, that one is really pegged to the dollar!
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
August 31, 2015, 12:54:48 PM

Would you imagine Bitcoin's price to lower down to $100? This could all be possible thanks to Bitcoin XT. If that happens, I'll buy a big sum of Bitcoins and hold them for the next increase in price.
If the price of bitcoin increase after 2 years would you keep it? Because anything can happen, so you can't say that you can keep it until the price of bitcoin goes up again.

You do have a point there. I'll just hold them until there's an increase in price (around $1000) and hopefully cash out some coins into fiat. The rest of Bitcoins would be exchanged into Nubits. They're are pegged to the value of USD and thus, it would be a good option just in case Bitcoin's price goes down (I think). Just my opinion.  Roll Eyes
what is nubits?  yeah great idea that you will halved your coins and change it into different things such as fiat money and nubits and i don't have idea what is nubits.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
August 31, 2015, 02:58:32 AM
are you kidding ?

but this is the first time that there is a serious internal dispute, yeah bitcoin has surpassed numerous cases of death, but this does not mean that we are not in dangerous with the fork

this is a thing of consensus nothing to compare with what happened in the past with the other two big fork, the bug overflow and the 2013 fork...
August 31, 2015, 01:05:39 AM
What do you think it'll take for it to be declared permanently alive and kicking?

There will be always skeptics, even if btc hits again 1000$, they will say that its another bubble and that it will pop too and die.

So if BTC hits 1000$, they will say its a bubble and it will die.
If BTC hits 150$ they will say its the end of the bubble and it will die.

So no matter what you do, there will always be some idiots who will doubt it.
legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
August 30, 2015, 06:36:45 PM
What do you think it'll take for it to be declared permanently alive and kicking?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1018
It's about time -- All merrit accepted !!!
August 30, 2015, 05:39:37 PM
are you kidding ?

Activity: 593
Merit: 250
August 30, 2015, 05:33:04 PM
people talk when it goes down and they keep talking  when it goes up again.
Just ignore all the noise going on, and look at the bigger picture. We have something with value and people scrambling to get a piece of it.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 30, 2015, 04:20:47 PM

Activity: 784
Merit: 500
August 30, 2015, 03:21:44 PM
I don't think so, Bitcoin has great future and it is actually doing well. I think most of the people are still using bitcoins as the current monetary system is broken.
The money printing machine paradigm will not go on forever and bitcoin offers an alternative. It does not mean that we should convert all of our money to bitcoins but one can not completely dismiss the existance of bitcoins. In short Bitcoins has very long run and it will never dead.
August 30, 2015, 12:02:00 PM
A $ price does not dictate whether or not bitcoin is dead or not.

As long as two or more people are using bitcoin it is alive.

price going sideways for a while or going downwards

yes, the price of dollar might help in determining how the market trade and demand is, but it is certainly not something which donates what the conclusion of another currency is, especially a digital currency. In a perfect scenario and continuation of the rise of bitcoin, the price and value of 1 bitcoin would always be equal to another bitcoin. 1 BTC= 1 BTC
what do you mean?the price and value of 1 bitcoin would always be equal to another bitcoin. 1 BTC= 1 BTC because i only know that the value of bitcoin didn't change and only the price will change.

basically I meant that it does not matter how much a bitcoin is worth in any currency, its price would not matter if things go as we imagine them to be. In a perfect world where total bitcoin adoption takes place, there would be very few who would give a care about what a bitcoin's worth would be, because it would be more beneficial to spend that 1 btc than cash it out, there would rather be no need to cash it out Cheesy
Ahh ok , i only misunderstood your statement because you said that bitcoin price and value would always be equal to another bitcoin its suppose that value is only things that not change and price will definitely change.
August 30, 2015, 04:53:30 AM
Since the digital currency crashed in early 2014, consumers have been leery. So why is Israel’s bitcoin community growing, and why are venture capitalists investing in it like crazy?

Israel is doing a very nice job in the front of cryptocurrency. They made GEMZ, and other interesting apps, and they have a pretty nice regulatory framework so the innovation wont be stopped there.

Probably one of the biggest places where fintech can evolve in the 21 century, while other countries are being buried under the tons of regulations that destroy innovation.

But dont forget Latin America also, and South-East Asia, they will also play a huge role in Bitcoin, and eventually Africa too!
Activity: 994
August 29, 2015, 02:11:32 PM

yes, the price of dollar might help in determining how the market trade and demand is, but it is certainly not something which donates what the conclusion of another currency is, especially a digital currency. In a perfect scenario and continuation of the rise of bitcoin, the price and value of 1 bitcoin would always be equal to another bitcoin. 1 BTC= 1 BTC
what do you mean?the price and value of 1 bitcoin would always be equal to another bitcoin. 1 BTC= 1 BTC because i only know that the value of bitcoin didn't change and only the price will change.

basically I meant that it does not matter how much a bitcoin is worth in any currency, its price would not matter if things go as we imagine them to be. In a perfect world where total bitcoin adoption takes place, there would be very few who would give a care about what a bitcoin's worth would be, because it would be more beneficial to spend that 1 btc than cash it out, there would rather be no need to cash it out Cheesy
August 29, 2015, 10:38:23 AM

Activity: 94
Merit: 10
August 28, 2015, 06:03:59 PM

Adoption is the key that is for sure, unless there is no adoption at higher level, bitcoin will keep on struggling and would be facing competition from fiat, So if the people are made aware and if they start adopting bitcoin as a currency than bitcoin can never be dead, and its value would keep on increasing over a period of time, but for that we need a mass adoption.

I don't think there'll be much 'grass roots' adoption until people higher up the food chain decide they can make use of it. If that's in place then it's fed back to regular people and it really takes off.

Bingo that's what I've always said. The general public gets money exclusively from their regular paycheck. The only way to overcome their laziness & resistance to new payment systems / currency vehicles is to pay them w/ said new currency, in this case, in Bitcoin.

Once they get paid with it in the first place they won't bother converting it to fiat if they don't have to (merchant adoption) - they'll simply use the bitcoin for their expenses. Then they get used to it, and it has become mainstream. Mass adoption achieved.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
August 28, 2015, 10:38:20 AM

but the price dictate if bitcoin is useless or not for the majority, especially after being considered as a currency from many, if suddenly you have only two people trading it you know that the others people will not use it again, unless a major revolution happens

which can be translated in a useless currency
Activity: 994
August 28, 2015, 10:27:50 AM

legendary
Activity: 2590
Merit: 3014
Welt Am Draht
August 28, 2015, 09:20:00 AM

Adoption is the key that is for sure, unless there is no adoption at higher level, bitcoin will keep on struggling and would be facing competition from fiat, So if the people are made aware and if they start adopting bitcoin as a currency than bitcoin can never be dead, and its value would keep on increasing over a period of time, but for that we need a mass adoption.

I don't think there'll be much 'grass roots' adoption until people higher up the food chain decide they can make use of it. If that's in place then it's fed back to regular people and it really takes off.
Activity: 952
August 27, 2015, 06:27:27 PM
Since the digital currency crashed in early 2014, consumers have been leery. So why is Israel’s bitcoin community growing, and why are venture capitalists investing in it like crazy?

Source?

Bitcoin is still a child who the adoption is not really much than fiat, so more adoption and become a mainstream, bitcoin will alive in the future.

legendary
Activity: 2492
Merit: 1473
LEALANA Bitcoin Grim Reaper
August 27, 2015, 06:08:57 PM

Pages:
Jump to: