Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin digital gold? - page 3. (Read 1191 times)

Activity: 322
Merit: 1
May 06, 2018, 09:09:16 AM
I consider this comparison a success. Because they are parallel. Bitcoin is a virtual currency, gold is kept in real life
Activity: 239
Merit: 10
May 06, 2018, 07:54:31 AM
The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.
It is a yes for me. Bitcoin is a digital gold. Because as we can see and observe, bitcoin is now more popular and more famous in todays generation. It is our gold because of its unending high price that is more than the price of a gold. It is also a really great and useful for every people. It can also be for our future so people must keep treasuring and trusting it.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
https://saturn.black
May 06, 2018, 07:43:08 AM
Oh by the way good all the same, the comparison might be, it is now well used as well used gold, but bitcoin is still not enough, uverenosti in itself. And call his gold of course can be.
copper member
Activity: 588
Merit: 17
May 06, 2018, 06:29:33 AM
Bitcoin reminds gold only from historical point of view: there was a point in the past when gold value swiftly grew up and it became one of the most valuable assets and a sources of payment.
Nowadays gold is a physical asset with a very low volatility.
The only common thing is that both gold and Bitcoin are "mined". Smiley
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
May 06, 2018, 06:20:52 AM
bitcoin is digital because we are not totally able to handle it instead of paying when btc and eth becomes cash it when it comes out with our money equivalent and it's even better because if we do not want it immediately and leave it on btc it is likely that the bitcoin policy will be improved when it comes to working for them.
Activity: 882
Merit: 260
May 06, 2018, 06:10:43 AM
The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.
Yes, bitcoin is a digital gold that is more popular and famous in this generation. Bitcoin is our gold because of its higher price that is more than a gold. Bitcoin is really great and useful for everyone. Bitcoin is for our future so must keep treasuring it. We must keep it and keep trusting it with all our hearts.
I think yes, bitcoin can be compared to gold in a innovative form because bitcoin is a high-tech form of gold because of its high value. If you have a high value of earnings in bitcoin yoh can exchange it into cash which is like a gold if you sell gold it will also be converted into cash thats why I agree to that statement.
Activity: 135
May 06, 2018, 06:09:09 AM
Crypto currencies are also valuable assets such as gold, silver, diamonds. The difference between Bitcoin and others is that it quickly gains or loses value.
In my eyes the crypto money can never take the place of gold. A gift from the golden world. Crypto money is man-made assets.
Activity: 238
May 06, 2018, 06:00:38 AM
I think bitcoin is not digital gold, but bitcoin is a smart digital money based on blockchain technology, and bitcoin is now used as a means to store valuables, so bitcoin can be compared to gold.
Activity: 131
Merit: 1
May 06, 2018, 05:46:19 AM
I think true bitcoin would be equivalent to even more gold values. Bitcoin will continue to be high in the market. This is the reason why bitcoin is called a gold coin.
Activity: 357
Merit: 130
May 06, 2018, 05:33:27 AM
I think yes! Bitcoin is quite similar to gold. Many compare bitcoin with the dollar, but bitcoin is now used as a means of storing valuables, so bitcoin can be compared to gold!
I absolutely agree with you, and the truth is that many compare Bitcoin with the dollar, But it's a little incorrect. Actually, it's wrong to compare with gold: Gold has precious metal, and Bitcoin is just a name, Bitcoin has value only as long as people believe in it.
Activity: 322
May 06, 2018, 05:14:52 AM
The benefit of cyrptocurrency is not about making money in a quick scheme. As you said about decentralize, traders and investors are always seeking freedom of how to manage their funds and cryptocurrency offer the best option for them. Anonymous transactions withouth the banks interference and the ability to earn interest on their capital, more than the banks do , are some of the real benefit of crypto.
Activity: 31
May 06, 2018, 05:12:24 AM
bitcoin is not digital gold but bitcoin is a digital currency that only exists on the internet but has real value and value nyua also exceeds the real currency
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
May 06, 2018, 05:02:55 AM
every crypto lover treat btc is a digital gold even myself too. btc is the first and leading cryptocurrency in the world  and its value always increasing its all ready proved its demand .
Activity: 280
Merit: 102
May 05, 2018, 06:51:13 PM
I think yes! Bitcoin is quite similar to gold. Many compare bitcoin with the dollar, but bitcoin is now used as a means of storing valuables, so bitcoin can be compared to gold!
Activity: 378
Merit: 101
May 05, 2018, 04:29:11 PM
In the actual sense, it can really be considered to be equivalent to gold in virtual currency world by just seeing how much single bitcoin worth. The difference though is that bitcoin is decentralized but risky to invest because of its volatility rates.
Activity: 126
May 05, 2018, 04:24:09 PM
yes, it is. Bitcoin is a digital currency so it is considered as digital gold. It is even more precious then gold. It can be used as medium of exchange and many online shop also accept bitcoin as payment. Though bitcoin is more volatile than gold, it is now very popular. 
Activity: 196
May 05, 2018, 03:58:33 PM

What I need to know about this matter is that Bitcoin does not have digital glod or digital coins.
Activity: 602
Merit: 251
I am a professional Web Designer and Developer
May 05, 2018, 03:47:20 PM
I think Bitcoin is better than gold. Bitcoin is more profitable than gold. In the present world, Bitcoin is more popular than gold. At the present world, people are very accited about Bitcoin. They want to know about Bitcoin and also a lot of people want to invest in Bitcoin. If you hold some Bitcoin and same valued Gold for the one or two years so you will make the huge profit from Bitcoin than Gold.
Activity: 392
May 05, 2018, 03:06:07 PM
I don't quite agree. In my opinion bitcoin has much more value than gold. or rather it is the new gold. Since its resource is limited in price in the future will only grow, and the one who understood it, those waiting for a great and comfortable future.
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
May 05, 2018, 02:50:04 PM
I think gold is very different, because the comparison is not just about price. funsgi and usability of gold is very different from Bitcoin. So obviously gold and bitcoin can not be equated.
Gold has been trusted for thousands of years as a precious commodity and its price is stable. I can not guess the bitcoin will last thousands of years.
Bitcoin is called digital gold because it has some similar properties such as from its scarcity, it can be melted and shaped into small units like coins, and more importantly when you change its shape into smaller units, it will not lose its value.
Pages:
Jump to: