Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin digital gold? - page 4. (Read 1191 times)

Activity: 238
Merit: 4
May 05, 2018, 01:01:41 PM
It is I think comparable to gold. But I would say it is not totally comparable though. I don't know much about history and neither I was so interested in looking back into its pages in this topic. I think gold is way better than bitcoin for the reason that gold is stable while bitcoin is very much volatile in nature. Bitcoin could lose its value at any given time while gold will always stay the same. Gold has been used as a currency before in the old days and until now as reserves which backed up money.
Activity: 266
Merit: 0
May 05, 2018, 12:54:28 PM
Yes, bitcoin Digital Gold because the price of bitcoin is much more than gold. Just as people can earn more money by trading gold, just like bitcoin business, people earn huge money. So Bitcoin is called Digital Gold.
Activity: 224
Merit: 2
May 05, 2018, 11:34:04 AM
What is the reason that Bitcoin is a digital currency? The reason is that online works are blockchain used as a digital currency and used for many other purposes.At present, we deal with a lot of money in many systems and are considered as another digital currency between them but many people are not familiar with it because many people do not recognize these coins because Bitcoin is called Digital Currency.We are starting the next day with the current digital currency, this digital bitcoin, such as its name, has been able to do a lot of good things with these coins. I have been working with this digital currency.So Bitcoin is known as a digital currency.
Activity: 207
Merit: 11
May 05, 2018, 10:48:59 AM
There are so many people who do not know Bitcoin yet, there are many countries now that are developing but the virtual currency model is not applied to the domestic economy, I think no one does not know Bitcoin. Just the time for them to learn seems to be no.
Activity: 1316
Merit: 502
May 05, 2018, 10:38:29 AM
I do not think bitcoin is said to be a gold. but to be an asset indeed bitcoin is perfect because bitcoin has many advantages. digital assets and also investment is an advantage of bitcoin
I also do not think that bitcoin is digital gold, what I see from it is an investment that is risky and also full of opportunities to grow, bitcoin always exhibits an unstable trend every day while gold always exhibits a stable and less volatile trend, both have no similarities. In addition, gold is always a product that receives acceptance and protection from the government but bitcoin is in the opposite direction, unacceptable and backed by the government, the value of bitcoin is a belief bubble, it has no safe, so we can not link and think it is a digital gold, that definition is so wrong

Activity: 322
Merit: 25
“OPEN GAMING PLATFORM”
May 05, 2018, 10:27:56 AM
Bitcoin is a digital currency that is acceptable across the nation, which know as an  asset, bitcoin has a great functions, with an immediate respond when ever you want to sell or buy, the transaction is very fast. therefore bitcoin is a digital money.

I think bitcoin is not a digital gold because its very defferent because gold is a popular investment on rich people and gold is a common use to hold on people.bitcoin is a new currency but bitcoin price is like on gold its expensive and we can hold on longterm way and we can get a good profit but bitcoin is not a gold so its defferent of two of that.
Activity: 209
Merit: 1
May 05, 2018, 10:20:15 AM
Bitcoin is a digital currency that is acceptable across the nation, which know as an  asset, bitcoin has a great functions, with an immediate respond when ever you want to sell or buy, the transaction is very fast. therefore bitcoin is a digital money.
Activity: 78
May 05, 2018, 10:13:37 AM
While many crypto investors have coined Bitcoin as the world’s “digital gold,” others are growing uncertain of Bitcoin’s value.

Howard Wang of New York-based Convoy Investments LLC and Jeremy Grantham of GMO LLC have analyzed Bitcoin’s advance relative to past frenzies and concluded that it’s unsustainable, which was noted in a recent Bloomberg article.However, it is still too soon to tell if the “Bitcoin bubble” will indeed burst. What has become clear though, is that Bitcoin should not be considered a safe-haven asset.Bitcoin to purchase gold is catching on. APMEX reported that 55% of Bitcoin buyers are new customers, which is two times the company average across all other payment types. APMEX has also noted that transactions made with Bitcoin tend to be 3 to 6 times higher than average purchases, with a high concentration in gold products.
Activity: 266
Merit: 10
May 05, 2018, 10:08:13 AM
I do not think that bitkoyn can be regarded as gold in the digital space.
Yes, their prices can be comparable, but they behave differently, prices fluctuate strongly with bitkoynom, and gold is stable.
And their origin is also very different. However, the risks for both are essentially slightly different.
Activity: 378
May 05, 2018, 12:38:39 AM
Yes, of course, Bitcoin is Gold digital form. If in the real world maybe gold is the most valuable and expensive goods. But in this digital world Bitcoin is the most valuable and the most promising investment asset. And I prefer Bitcoin rather than Gold. I strongly believe in the sophistication of blockchain technology.
Activity: 854
Merit: 281
May 04, 2018, 11:06:14 PM
That's a metaphor, but it works insofar as gold and bitcoin share certain properties, such as limited or finite supply, expensive mining, and having value that is not subject to central bank whims.
copper member
Activity: 206
May 04, 2018, 11:04:01 PM
Yes because its mined just like gold and its value is very high just like gold
Activity: 182
May 04, 2018, 10:48:33 PM
I like gold so much, I like bitcoin because it is not oxidized and bitcoin I like because it can give me more value and profit when I invest in it, and i like bitcoin digital gold
Activity: 1512
Merit: 397
dice9.win/ - Simple, fast and provably fair
May 04, 2018, 10:30:05 PM
I do not think bitcoin is said to be a gold. but to be an asset indeed bitcoin is perfect because bitcoin has many advantages. digital assets and also investment is an advantage of bitcoin
Activity: 14
May 04, 2018, 10:26:52 PM
Yes, bitcoin is a digital gold that is more popular and famous in this generation. Bitcoin is our gold because of its higher price that is more than a gold. Bitcoin is really great and useful for everyone. Bitcoin is for our future so must keep treasuring it. We must keep it and keep trusting it with all our hearts and  it is also popular and many investor keep it is as a treasure. Bitcoin is also use in daily needs.
Activity: 322
Merit: 11
🚀🚀 ATHERO.IO 🚀🚀
May 04, 2018, 09:26:33 PM
It can be considered a digital gold because it is also a valuable thing in which you only the one who knows about it , only that bitcoin it is circulating in the digital world, in terms of value it has a high value that you can use it to pay and transact for business , as well as it is also be an investment, its like gold only it is in digital technology.
Activity: 88
May 04, 2018, 09:19:47 PM
The billionaire venture capitalist is doubling down on BTC, likening the digital coin to gold’s online equal.

Thiel touts the No. 1 cryptocurrency for its size and its ability to compete with gold as a safe haven, saying at the Economic Club of New York:

“I would be long bitcoin, and neutral to skeptical of just about everything else at this point with a few possible exceptions. There will be one online equivalent to gold, and the one you’d bet on would be the biggest,” said Thiel.

But with the exception of a few digital coins, Thiel remains neutral on the rest of the cryptocurrency pack. He didn’t dismiss the possibility that bitcoin could be surpassed by Ethereum or other altcoins that prey on the leading cryptocurrency’s weaknesses, but bitcoin’s strength is in its size.

Bitcoin controls more than 40% of cryptocurrency market cap compared to almost one-fifth for Ethereum, as per Coin Market Cap data cited in CNBC.

yes, I think so. the bitcoin price is more than gold. so, I think the bitcoin is a digital gold. it is so popular. the bitcoin is best investment.
Activity: 280
May 04, 2018, 09:13:23 PM
Yes i agree that bitcoin is a digital gold for the reason that its price is even higher than gold and you can get a big profit when you invest with it and we all know that bitcoin is the most popular of all coins and is becoming more valuable everyday i guess.
Activity: 475
Merit: 1
Tackling Climate Change Using Blockchain
May 04, 2018, 08:43:37 AM
To me, all I can say is that bitcoin is digital gold. It is because the price keeps increasing and cool profit is made through this...
copper member
Activity: 67
May 04, 2018, 07:43:13 AM
It’s common nowadays to hear people describe Bitcoin as “digital gold.” The term “mining” itself suggests — quite intentionally — the image of old-time prospectors, clawing through mounds of rock in the hopes of discovering a new vein of precious metal.
When the price of gold rises, people invest in mining equipment and processing technologies, increasing supply and lowering the price. In the long run, the marginal rate of return on gold production should approximately match that of the market in general. If the rate of return is too high, capital will flow in as investors seek economic profits; if the rate of return is too low, capital will flow out as people seek better opportunities elsewhere. Of course, these effects aren’t immediate; gold markets have short-term volatility, but the net result is that the purchasing power of gold remains relatively stable in the long run.

In reality, the “monetary policy” of gold looks nothing like the monetary policy of Bitcoin. Bitcoin has no market dynamic governing its supply. Rather, the supply of bitcoin is fixed, and will end at 21 million tokens in the 2040’s, come hell or high water.
Pages:
Jump to: