Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin now the biggest bubble of all time? - page 7. (Read 2937 times)

Activity: 31
Merit: 0
In our modern days with modern technologies, cryptocurrency is dominatind the market. I believe that bitcoin is one of the biggest bubble today. Almost everyone has the access to this. Where these coins can be used for paying, buying, and even bargaining. And I'll never doubt if this bubble surpasses bigger bubbles in the near future .
Activity: 364
Merit: 1
jarvis.exchange
Bitcoin is not yet a bubble, because if you compare Bitcoin to other companies, Bitcoin is  just  a dwarf.  The link below has a
 great illustration. How dwarf Bitcoin is ? https://www.google.ae/url?sa=i&source=images&cd=&cad=rja&uact=8&ved=2ahUKEwiMrs6a8ZjcAhUJuhQKHT8aDHQQjRx6BAgBEAU&url=https%3A%2F%2Fhowmuch.net%2Farticles%2Fworlds-money-in-perspective&psig=AOvVaw2T5rliaLyr_nUJNicTcdk2&ust=1531461603934208
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
it seems you are wrong to say bitcoin as a bubble because it means bubbles after rupture will not be able to recover again while bitcoin can still do the price recovery so bitcoin can be said as a wave, and yes the waves that occur when the end of 2017 is very high.
Activity: 462
Merit: 100
ANONYMOUS MOBILE PAYMENTS
This statement has been disproveed many a time in this forum so we'll just reinterate it. Bitcoin and any other crypto currency is not a bubble. Not by a long shot. I know.many say that it is and they always throw tulip mania as their comparison, but Tulip Mania doesn't have the dynamic dips and spikes of Bitcoin.
Activity: 952
Merit: 274
The Dutch Tulip Mania is one of the most famous bubbles of all time, for the scale of the bubble, the scale of the collapse, and probably including the seemingly obvious nature of the bubble considering the extremely limited functional utility of tulips. Bitcoin has now surpassed the multiples of value appreciation at the height of the Tulip Bubble (and by a wide margin). While this itself is not proof that Bitcoin is a bubble or that a collapse is imminent, it's worth considering if there's a lot more risk buying at this price (currently bouncing around $17,000) than anyone on these boards seems willing or able to recognize.

Thoughts?
The bitcoin is not a bubble, the bitcoin has still high value. The reason why the price of the bitcoin rapidly goes up because of the demand of the people to bitcoin that is continuing to increase. People are now aware to the benefits that they can earn from buying bitcoins.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 533
Maybe yes maybe not. But you shoul aware about this. Bitcoin and crypto market is one of the best chances for everybody to make good profit with small investments.
Activity: 868
Merit: 266
You can also understand that there is a bubble in the bitcoin market. Indeed, many people think that the valuation of bitcoin is too high. I think the current encryption is very similar to the Internet boom of decades ago, when the Internet was also considered a huge bubble, and I believe the encryption community will emerge in the future a lot of valuable companies.
While I agree that the market of cryptocurrencies can form bubbles that does not necessarily mean that everything is a big bubble and that nothing has value, there are many cryptocurrencies that are going to be essential in the way we understand the future of the world and that are going to be used by everyone and when you take that into account the market cap is very low right now.

I agree, the market cap is so low. Just compare it with the Gold Market that is 7 trillion. I mean, who still is using Gold as a store of value or for transactions? Virtually nobody.

The big bubble is forming but outside the Crypto Market.

Do also some research on the Great Depression and you will find striking similiarities to where we are now. Artificially low interest rates for years, inflated stock market and a recently started trade war.

As I said before. Bitcoin is not the bubble, it is the pin.
To those who claim that the valuation of bitcoin is too high, they have forgotten that it’s the supply and demand aspect which brings value to the currency, it’s not like someone is at a company who decided how much each bitcoins should be prized.
Activity: 98
Merit: 31
Stable coin to make charity free for everyone
You can also understand that there is a bubble in the bitcoin market. Indeed, many people think that the valuation of bitcoin is too high. I think the current encryption is very similar to the Internet boom of decades ago, when the Internet was also considered a huge bubble, and I believe the encryption community will emerge in the future a lot of valuable companies.
While I agree that the market of cryptocurrencies can form bubbles that does not necessarily mean that everything is a big bubble and that nothing has value, there are many cryptocurrencies that are going to be essential in the way we understand the future of the world and that are going to be used by everyone and when you take that into account the market cap is very low right now.

I agree, the market cap is so low. Just compare it with the Gold Market that is 7 trillion. I mean, who still is using Gold as a store of value or for transactions? Virtually nobody.

The big bubble is forming but outside the Crypto Market.

Do also some research on the Great Depression and you will find striking similiarities to where we are now. Artificially low interest rates for years, inflated stock market and a recently started trade war.

As I said before. Bitcoin is not the bubble, it is the pin.
Activity: 92
Yes there have been bubbles in the past, but non of them is comparable to Bitcoin. Bitcoin is not a bubble, it has very useful and important features it offers and can be used in many , many different ways, thus making it a very revolutionary discovery in the financial sector. People do not fully understand the very many use cases of Bitcoin and that is why they consider it a bubble.
Activity: 154
this opinion has become popular in nature due to the fact of Warren Buffett also known as the wolf of Omaha stating the statement in public, many of the capitalists are marketing bitcoin to be the bubble of the century like the internet but the fact is that bitcoin is the fury of the currency regimes of the world
Activity: 756
Merit: 252
Activity: 122
It is interesting to discuss this theme, I think bitcoin is not a bubble, given the bitcoin of the next evolutionary representation of banking and electronic payment systems, this is a form of the advancement of the times.In this case, bitcoin will not become bubbles, perhaps better described as the future ? If that makes sense.
That can come down to how many legitimate needs exist for technologies such as bitcoin. It is something that is not easily measured as far as I know. If there is a real and frightening need for bitcoin and crypto currency that will sustain their growth, it may not be a bubble at all.

I think they usually invest when it comes down and when the market value increases they wrap it. It makes everything balanced is what I feel. And tulips and bitcoins are completely different phenomena and we are now more qualified to handle if anything bad happens. To cryptocurrency market.
I think bitcoin is not entirely like tulip..since ... as we can see from graph ... Tulip never see that many downs .. it..was getting static then it increases again and suddenly goes down.
Where with Bitcoins. We have seen so many ups and downs that I feel have made Bitcoins stronger beliefs .. society is increasing now because they know that whatever happens Bitcoins value will be so high that ill.
Activity: 126
It is interesting to discuss this theme, I think bitcoin is not a bubble, given the bitcoin of the next evolutionary representation of banking and electronic payment systems, this is a form of the advancement of the times.In this case, bitcoin will not become bubbles, perhaps better described as the future ? If that makes sense.
That can come down to how many legitimate needs exist for technologies such as bitcoin. It is something that is not easily measured as far as I know. If there is a real and frightening need for bitcoin and crypto currency that will sustain their growth, it may not be a bubble at all.

I think bitcoin has now been exceeded multiple of appreciation value on top of bubble Tulip (and with the margin width). although this own not evidence that bitcoin is bubble or collapse in sight, it's good to consider is there a more risk to buy in this price (currently bouncing around $ 17.000) than anyone in this forum seems willing or able to recognize. Netherlands Tulip mania is one of the bubble most famous of all time, to scale bubble, scale collapse, and may include the nature of bubble obvious given the utility Tulip a very limited.
Activity: 6
The cryptocurrency market goes beyond bitcoin, but none has appealed to the broader, general public in quite the same way.Wall Street has been late in catching up to the individual investors and cryptocurrency traders who expect bitcoin to keep surging. Three exchanges have rushed to launch bitcoin products. Futures started trading Sunday on the Cboe, with a separate contract expected to launch at the CME this weekend. Nasdaq also plans to offer futures next year.Bitcoin and past financial bubblesSource: Birinyi AssociatesWhile many view bitcoin as bubbly, riding a parabolic wave, others believe it can go sharply higher.
Activity: 6
Bitcoin is now sizing up to be what could be the biggest market bubble of all time.According to Birinyi Associates, bitcoin now looks to be bigger than any of the 10 other market bubbles it studied including the the tech bubble, beanie babies, the Dow in 1929 and the silver bubble of the late 1970s.Bitcoin was trading at about $16,235 Thursday morning, rising from $1,000 at the start of the year, and $11,000 at the beginning of last week.
Activity: 18
This question has been ask so many times.
Please understand that Blockchain technology is backed BTC so it will be valuable for the world by its origin!
Price can drop, but never be zero.
Activity: 7
Indeed, forget the nickel boom of the late 1960s and the dotcom boom of 2000, move on from the Dutch Tulip craze of 1637, and disregard the US housing boom of 2006 and the Japanese property and stockmarket bubble of the '80s.
Activity: 7
For investors that worry about X-factors – those things that come out of the woodwork and have an impact – then this mania could be a good example.
Activity: 5
If trading in Crypto Company or LongFin Corporation is any guide, the road to riches these days is as simple as adding the words blockchain and bitcoin to whatever a company does.
Activity: 5
Digital currencies have also been hit by the news that Facebook is banning all adverts for cryptocurrencies. Ethereum, ripple, litecoin and other digital currencies all suffered double-digit percentage falls on Friday as investors took fright.
Pages:
Jump to: