Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoin now the biggest bubble of all time? - page 8. (Read 2937 times)

Activity: 6
Merit: 0
According to Reuters, the Convoy analysts said bitcoin's prices have "gone up over 17 times this year, 64 times over the last three years and superseded that of the Dutch tulip's climb over the same time frame."Birinyi said the end point it used for each bubble was its peak, and when available, it brought the data back 22 months to match bitcoin in January 2016.WATCH: Bitcoin's origin story remains shrouded in mystery. Here's why it matters
Activity: 7
The latest sell-off follows reports that US regulators are investigating whether the spike in the price of bitcoin in 2017 was the result of market manipulation. India’s finance minister said the country did not recognise the cryptocurrency as legal tender, pledging to fight their use for “illegitimate activities
Activity: 4
Just last week, bitcoin was the third largest of the 10 events Birinyi studied. It was third behind an 18th-century French financing scheme around the development of the Mississippi Valley, known as the Mississippi bubble, and the one-day 31 percent surge in Qualcomm in December 1999. According to Birinyi Associates, it was a Wall Street analyst's call for a $1,000 target that set Qualcomm shares on fire.
Activity: 854
Merit: 103
Just curious, who are these people that call Bitcoin a bubble? The guys that lost a lot as they made some wrong steps? Definitely, BTC is not any bubble.
Activity: 994
Merit: 252
Bitcoin is not on a bubble but I won't deny the fact that people explore the speculative ability of Bitcoin to cause FOMO and a lot of money even from people who have no knowledge of Crypto came into the market but now a lot of retracement have been done. We can only hope that it moon again.
You can say and you can’t just say it too. These two situations are fit in this world of bitcoins. Yes to some extent bitcoins are bubble now. They are moving up and down and these dips and pumps are just making them bubble thing. But we have to understand that this is their nature. They can just live out at some specific point. Rather they are always moving up and down.
Activity: 145
Merit: 2
Actually I do not think bitcoin is a bubble
You have to think about the development of currency from ancient times:
bundles for exchanging cattle for a dog, changing buffalos for pigs ...___ things to change into consumer goods ___ gold coin ___  metal money ___ electronic money ___ digital money
You see the process of development, and digital money is the evolution of humanity as information technology evolves
A lot of people making money  and get richer by bitcoin  it is not a bubble because big companies are embracing cryptocurrencies,It is a means of rapid payment support in modern society today. Despite the price fluctuations as it is in its infancy and development stage, I believe in the future of bitcoin.
Activity: 336
Merit: 12
No way. Bitcoin is not the biggest bubble and can be never be a bubble. It is true that bitcoin sometimes decreases, but that does not mean it will become a bubble, because even its value goes down, still Bitcoin will recover. There are just some factor that makes bitcoin decreases its price but it never vanish.   
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
Bitcoin is not the biggest bubble and can be never be a bubble. It is true that bitcoin sometimes decreases, but that does not mean it will become a bubble, because even its value goes down, still Bitcoin will recover.
Activity: 659
Merit: 101
I think no. Bitcoin will continue to go down if it becomes useless to its holders or there would be a new player that offers better service or feature. Like what happen when google outplayed yahoo.
So far, no signs of that coming. It is a bit difficult for me to imagine any coin offering a new feature. Actually, I would like to know about that feature which bitcoin does not have. Because as far as my understanding leads me, BTC is a complete package. Still if someone thinks, it lacks stuff, there is no coin that offers better or extra characteristics to holders. Above all, profits is that really matters and BTC is the best in producing it.
Activity: 1050
Merit: 100
It could be bitcoin into a big bubble and a threat. because indeed all these requests do not exist like the money in reserve by gold. pure bitcoin because of the demand alone that makes the price rise and fall
right, if more and more offers, then the price will decrease, and if it continues it can lead to bubble. but i think that's hard, because more and more bitcoin users and governments are starting to set it
Activity: 196
Merit: 1
Yeah. Bitcoin is now the biggest bubble of all time becuase its value is unpridectable nobody knows if bitcoin is what exactly amount reach. Bitcoin is bounceback and after that he can fly to the moon. Bitcoin is the biggest and strongest coins of all time.
Yes, I agree with you. Bitcoin is indeed the most powerful and best coin of all time. Because the development of Bitcoin is very rapid and the price can go up anytime. I believe that Bitcoin will continue to be the best coin compared to other coins.
Activity: 938
Merit: 250
It could be bitcoin into a big bubble and a threat. because indeed all these requests do not exist like the money in reserve by gold. pure bitcoin because of the demand alone that makes the price rise and fall
Activity: 448
Merit: 250
You can also understand that there is a bubble in the bitcoin market. Indeed, many people think that the valuation of bitcoin is too high. I think the current encryption is very similar to the Internet boom of decades ago, when the Internet was also considered a huge bubble, and I believe the encryption community will emerge in the future a lot of valuable companies.
Activity: 252
The spectacular rise and huge market value of bitcoin since its inception has also prompted many to call it the biggest bubble in human history.

But I don't think so. Bitcoin has intrinsic value and practical USES. There's no bubble. Its price is entirely the result of market demand.
Activity: 532
Merit: 100
Bitcoin is not a bubble, I think in the future it will be used in parallel with paper money. Bitcoin has a strong community, and many countries around the world have started accepting it.
Activity: 168
Bitcoin is one of the hottest investments in recent years! It is clear that BTC is not a bubble!
It is the most successful application of blockchain! Bitcoin has also been recognized by many people! In addition to individuals, many businesses around the world have accepted bitcoin payments.
Activity: 770
Merit: 500
It is not. There are many reasons why bitcoin is not the biggest bubble. First of all, it is not bubble. The technology of bitcoin (blockchain) can be used in the future to support human life. MOreover, the blockchain is faster than cash. Since our world keeps developing everyday, money will soon be changed. I think that blockchain will replace fiat in the next few decades
Activity: 704
Merit: 270
The Dutch Tulip Mania is one of the most famous bubbles of all time, for the scale of the bubble, the scale of the collapse, and probably including the seemingly obvious nature of the bubble considering the extremely limited functional utility of tulips. Bitcoin has now surpassed the multiples of value appreciation at the height of the Tulip Bubble (and by a wide margin). While this itself is not proof that Bitcoin is a bubble or that a collapse is imminent, it's worth considering if there's a lot more risk buying at this price (currently bouncing around $17,000) than anyone on these boards seems willing or able to recognize.

Thoughts?

I think the tulip is the most famous because they do not have many ups and down they went all the way up and them go down hard and the bitcoins is not like that. They go ups and downs like a roller coster but the thing is the ups is more dominant thsn downs that is why the price go up and up until it reaches its highest peek they are not a bubble because the hing in bitcoins we are controling them there are a lot of people who sell that day because they are very high and the result they go down.
I think yes.Bitcoin has a volatile nature.It can happen that bitcoin can rule the market amd can create new records or it can either disappear from the market or can be zero.Its price is down from a very long time now and is not able to recover.People are selling their bitcoins due to this reason only.They are suffering loses because the prices are not rising up.Investors are now finding alternatives to bitcoin.It is also getting banned in some nations are the governments are not legalising it as it is decentralised.
Activity: 882
Merit: 251
Careful in dealing crypto's, anytime it will burst out like a bubble, Be wise and strategic player because there's no guarantee bitcoin could give you good amount of profit. The history itself serves as a proof how trust worthy bitcoin to invest.

The history has proved: Bitcoin is not a bubble. It is the best cryptocurrency of all the times, and it will be growing further. Yes, the other cryptos (some of them) are also good, and I invest in them.
Activity: 420
Merit: 101
The Dutch Tulip Mania is one of the most famous bubbles of all time, for the scale of the bubble, the scale of the collapse, and probably including the seemingly obvious nature of the bubble considering the extremely limited functional utility of tulips. Bitcoin has now surpassed the multiples of value appreciation at the height of the Tulip Bubble (and by a wide margin). While this itself is not proof that Bitcoin is a bubble or that a collapse is imminent, it's worth considering if there's a lot more risk buying at this price (currently bouncing around $17,000) than anyone on these boards seems willing or able to recognize.

Thoughts?

I think the tulip is the most famous because they do not have many ups and down they went all the way up and them go down hard and the bitcoins is not like that. They go ups and downs like a roller coster but the thing is the ups is more dominant thsn downs that is why the price go up and up until it reaches its highest peek they are not a bubble because the hing in bitcoins we are controling them there are a lot of people who sell that day because they are very high and the result they go down.
Pages:
Jump to: