Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ? - page 27. (Read 5047 times)

Activity: 108
Merit: 6
March 14, 2018, 01:48:55 PM
Bitcoin can be used by anyone with access to a bank account and the internet. With that it is only a matter of time until it is used by those with ill intentions. We saw this with Silk Road, and it will continue to be used in the new Silk Road. It wouldn't surprise me if it's used to launder money in some way as well. We don't have any way to really track that, which is the beauty of bitcoin in the first place.
Activity: 364
Merit: 16
https://crowdsale.network
March 14, 2018, 12:49:36 PM
Bitcoin transactions are virtually untraceable that is why some criminal syndicates likes to be paid by cryptocurrency.  Anonymity is also a factor why they prefer cryptocurrency.
Activity: 896
Merit: 500
March 14, 2018, 12:43:02 PM
With anonymous features of course everyone is free to use bitcoin without the need of identity, it is certainly used criminals to transact, I hope the country immediately make regulations to prevent the use of bitcoin for criminals.
Activity: 235
Merit: 11
March 14, 2018, 12:30:04 PM
Bitcoin is being used by people, human. And some of these people are criminals, some are good people (like me). So, stop worrying about it and just accept it. Hey, it's a currency after all. Who doesn't use money huh? Come on.
Activity: 74
Merit: 0
March 14, 2018, 11:53:17 AM
Everything is used by criminals, not just Bitcoin. For sure, the great majority of the criminals are using fiat. The more dangerous ones are definitely using fiat. They are the ones who are wearing suits and are occupying high positions in the governments of different countries and in the top executive positions of various international companies. In the low level, even scissors and frying pans and pins are used by criminals as well.
I agree with you. criminals always benefit from a loophole to do his action, so be alert with mareka, because in the world of internet crime is easier to do than the real world
Activity: 45
March 14, 2018, 11:40:05 AM
When we hear about Bitcoin, people will think all about its positive purpose, and it actually good when we use it in a good way like investments. However, Bitcoin has no limit on what kind of people who can acquire it, and how Bitcoin attracts a lot of people because of its promising value, there is a point to be made that the Bitcoin makes it a favorite among criminals. Some high syndicates, scammers, or hackers have been getting much more sophisticated nowadays, so it is not impossible that there are lots of criminals are using Bitcoin.
Activity: 704
Merit: 270
March 14, 2018, 11:37:59 AM
Yes of course Bitcoin is used by criminal also. This is the one of reasons behind its ban in some country like china Bangladesh etc. Bitcoin provide its user an high-level security and uninterrupted money transaction facility due to this no one can trace the transaction record Shocked. And many anti social people and terrorist organisation taking benefits from it Kiss. Bitcoin is also related some other serious criminal activity like kidnapping, murdering, Anti money laundering, childprongraphy etc. Many people doing fraud by using different Bitcoin schemes.  Embarrassed
Activity: 1
March 14, 2018, 11:34:56 AM
I feel like we have simply touched the surface of "Bitcoin Usage" and by that I mean, it is only used by a limited number of individuals worldwide. Not everybody goes through the sophistication of chart reading, signing up on exchanges and following blogs and those who do have multiple intrinsic needs. Mostly are just there to make money, and in this world lots of people have used nefarious means to gain money. Bitcoins are no different, and they will be used as leverage, to launder, be used in fraudulent schemes and acquire ransom money. But that is a flaw of human nature, not Bitcoin. Criminals traded in gold, silver, drugs and even cattle and women millenniums ago but we don't curtail their availability. This rationale is what gives me hope for Bitcoin!
Activity: 1316
Merit: 503
Someone is sitting in the shade today...
March 14, 2018, 11:31:29 AM
Yes for sure but this doesn't mean that it is a spam, it's benefits are more than harms. In the past there was a huge money laundery activities all around the world and the governments stopped it, it might be the same in crypto market in the future, we can not go on without seeing this development.
Activity: 167
March 14, 2018, 11:26:35 AM
Every person are allowed to use bitcoin, even the criminals. Bitcoins has no limitations on whom person were allowed. Even a common people who has the money to invest on it.
But I think criminals use the money they earn to invest in bitcoins more than ordinary people. They invest in the BTC for money laundering, and when they are arrested, the government can not investigate the amount of money they are making.
Activity: 644
Merit: 252
I'm just a Nobody.
March 14, 2018, 11:20:06 AM
Yes of course, it is because they can easily hide their Identity. I also heard in Deepweb they are using bitcoin as a payment there but I don't have any ideas what criminal act they are doing. I don't want to know either.
Activity: 33
March 14, 2018, 11:13:25 AM
This is what i heard before that bitcoins where being used my hackers i dont know if it true though. But i think today all kind of people are using it be it criminals or hackers. I think the main concern here is the safety because a lot of people are investing in it.
Activity: 854
Merit: 101
Polkadog - Multi-Chain Defi Meme
March 14, 2018, 11:11:44 AM
That's why we need rules and regulation. Bitcoin can be dangerous cause no one can control it. Saying positive and negative, that's not even help. It actually depends on the people. Some did for the good, and the others did for the bad. If the rules are truly exist, crime that used bitcoin would slowly go down. But it doesn't mean they disappear. Then again, if bitcoin is being controlled, it's not bitcoin anymore, I guess. Things become complicated.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
March 14, 2018, 10:51:46 AM
BTC is one of the many ways of dealing with criminals. By using BTC as a means of payment, you can avoid the supervision of many government departments.

Right now i dont think that the there are many criminals is using bitcoin, because bitcoin is required a wide knowledge before criminals can totally used it and make money from it and i think criminals is  we will just used bitcoin when they have enough knowledge on it.
Activity: 812
Merit: 260
March 14, 2018, 10:46:00 AM
Although the tools themselves are not guilty, we can still argue that there are some things that are more easily exploited than others. For example, they are all cut vegetables, and the kitchen knife is easier to become a criminal tool than the board. The instrument of its own innocence, if it facilitates the criminal, is to a certain extent greater than his utility, and it is also to be managed and controlled.

Anonymous attribute of the COINS is that "for the convenience degree of the crime is greater than he." a property of ordinary people to buy things most of the time don't need to remain anonymous, generally only the pursuit of the pursuit of illegal trading on condition of anonymity.
Since we already know that criminals are everywhere and now they have the chance to do their crimes by using bitcoin as their way or illegally transmitting money as their illegal transactions, criminals no matter what will do anything for the sake of the success of their operation whether there is bitcoin or not.
Activity: 166
Merit: 1
March 14, 2018, 10:42:50 AM
Although the tools themselves are not guilty, we can still argue that there are some things that are more easily exploited than others. For example, they are all cut vegetables, and the kitchen knife is easier to become a criminal tool than the board. The instrument of its own innocence, if it facilitates the criminal, is to a certain extent greater than his utility, and it is also to be managed and controlled.

Anonymous attribute of the COINS is that "for the convenience degree of the crime is greater than he." a property of ordinary people to buy things most of the time don't need to remain anonymous, generally only the pursuit of the pursuit of illegal trading on condition of anonymity.
Activity: 440
Merit: 250
#SWGT CERTIK Audited
March 14, 2018, 10:31:13 AM
anyone has internet and an own wallet, they can use BTC for payment or do anything they want. no one can ban them even the Government. So, this is one of the big reason why there are some countries ban BTC transaction. I think there is nothing can control this problem
Activity: 196
March 14, 2018, 10:06:34 AM
Yes sad to say but bitcoin is used by criminals around the world. That is the negative side of a currency that is decentralized. Being decentralized the government is having a hard time tracking transactions that is made by criminals. I think that is why people stay away from bitcoin because of the bad reputation it has receive. But that doesn't mean bitcoin is to blame. I mean anything good can be exploited and used in bad ways.
Activity: 448
Merit: 103
Bitgesell (BGL) Decentralized Cryptocurrency!
March 14, 2018, 09:58:48 AM
yes, bitcoin would be ideal if it were not used for mercenary purposes. For example "bitcoin mixer". But after starting to track all the translations before replenishing the fiat on the card, one can come to total control
Activity: 196
Merit: 11
March 14, 2018, 09:53:12 AM
It is true that criminals and other anti-social elements have been using bitcoin as a means for their financial transactions. There are a lot of good people also using bitcoin. So, it is not the fault of bitcoin.
Pages:
Jump to: