Pages:
Author

Topic: Is bitcoin used by criminals ? - page 22. (Read 5064 times)

Activity: 344
Merit: 11
March 17, 2018, 12:23:07 PM
It is possible that the rumors are from goverment that deliberately say so to ban bitcoins. Bitcoins are for everyone, not criminals
Activity: 1526
Merit: 255
March 17, 2018, 12:22:29 PM
I think so, and if criminals used bitcoin we can't prevent, I'm sure that bitcoin is made not for criminals but to improve and help many people for transactions and investments in order to get great benefits.
Activity: 854
Merit: 102
PHORE
March 17, 2018, 12:20:36 PM
bitcoin is used in transactions and uses it and knowing that criminals are buying guns and drug hide because bitcoins can not track your area
Activity: 258
Merit: 101
New Era of Freelancing
March 17, 2018, 12:17:29 PM
Yes. As what the documentary says about Bitcoin, I think it is true. That Bitcoin was used before in the black market as payment. Is there any method that we can use to track if that Bitcoin we have has been used in the black market?. I hope there would be. I favor anonymity, but I do not favor using it in bad things.
Activity: 154
Merit: 0
March 17, 2018, 12:11:32 PM
Who cares about it? Criminals using everything because they also people. If criminals drinking water we should not do the same or what? Strange things guys...
Activity: 13
Merit: 1
March 17, 2018, 11:52:12 AM
Unfortunately, yes, because it is a difficult way to track money.
Activity: 30
March 17, 2018, 11:50:59 AM
Internet and bitcoin, it all depends on your purpose to use it. So not everyone thinks the internet and bitcoin are just for crime, because of the facts I see in everyday life, how bitcoin brings goodness and benefits to the lives of many people.
Activity: 392
Merit: 105
Money Token
March 17, 2018, 11:47:16 AM
I think, Yes it is, because bitcoin is a money in the internet which is the same as our physical money so as what our physical transactions made, either good or bad can also be done in bitcoin transactions, but criminals made good option to choose bitcoin because the transactions cannot traced by the government. Just my opinion
Activity: 393
Merit: 10
Decentralized Gaming Platform - Play & Earn $
March 17, 2018, 11:41:04 AM
I think using bitcoin in illegal transactions such as drug sales uses bitcoin payouts because they will not be able to meet up for exchangers or payouts
Activity: 32
March 17, 2018, 11:40:47 AM
.. sad part about this..  i had some kid thinking he could use btc to make some purchases off the dark web for who knows what.. was asking dumb questions about this crap... some people giving crypto a bad rep...... the media and  society feeding the wrong info the new people.........
Activity: 476
Merit: 10
March 17, 2018, 11:38:45 AM

No one can control Bitcoin usage and neither can Bitcoin discriminate who uses it, its free for everyone and just like fiat, anyone can use it, the fact that people with bad morals use it is just an excuse as crime and terrorism existed long before BTC and they havent been stopped before, Bitcoin is just a means of pay and cannot be held responsible for criminal activities
Activity: 378
Merit: 100
March 17, 2018, 11:37:03 AM
Bitcoin has no limit to its users either good or bad, because bitcoin applies to the global not to the group Or the individual villain is not a bitcoin but a main character in a country
For me it is really possible that there are some criminals is using bitcoin, and i am also sure that right now many criminals is starting to used bitcoin so they can able to make more money with bitcoin, and i believe that there are also some rich criminal are really investing a big amount of money on bitcoin.
Activity: 84
March 17, 2018, 11:34:56 AM
When Bitcoin is just starting it is widely used in illegal activities especially in deep web but Bitcoin is just another currency (digital) that can be used by anyone, but even fiat currency is also used by criminals, drug lords, terrorist or used in any different kinds of illegal things. But the thing is Bitcoin is more on the positive side right now because it is possible to trace Bitcoin and possibly get caught if you use it on inappropriate way, and there are already altcoins that can give fully anonymity to its users when transacting, like Monero and Verge and I think criminals are now switching to those altcoins.
Many call that this digital currency could be a source of cyber crime that makes the perpetrators are not traced. Now, Bitcoin, crypto currency most loved by computer maniacs and cybercriminals is no longer as immune as 4 years ago. In the past, many people who sell and buy on the internet by using Bitcoin can not be traced. An internet user has even written a comment on the Bitcoin forum in 2013, "Even with the help of prayers, the FBI will not be able to discover who and to whom Bitcoin is transacted.
Activity: 36
March 17, 2018, 11:30:50 AM
There are many things that can be used for crime tools, including conventional money you already use or others. It all depends on how you use what you have and for what purpose you use it.
Internet and bitcoin as well, as long as you use them wisely and carefully, will definitely bring many benefits and will give goodness to your life.
Activity: 574
Merit: 253
March 17, 2018, 11:27:30 AM
People who do not know about bitcoin certainly think that bitcoin is only used for criminals, with anonymous features of course it is reasonable, but I think without the bitcoin the criminals are already there, so with or without the criminal bitcoin will continue to exist.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 1824
March 17, 2018, 11:26:38 AM
Anybody can use Bitcoin, good people, bad people, atheists, Buddhist, Muslims, Jews, Christians etc.
It's fact that because of anonymity we can't know true identity of btc users.
Yes, bitcoin can also be used for criminal activity.
Because of it, many governments can't accept bitcoin easily.

Activity: 224
March 17, 2018, 11:12:31 AM
I think bitcoin can also be used for bad things like money laundering. Because the transparent and free nature of the bitcoin allows it to escape the control of the state government or private banks it is used by rogue elements to engage in some kind of illegal transaction.
Activity: 60
Merit: 4
March 17, 2018, 08:24:28 AM
Yes crypto is used by criminals. Cocain is used by criminals too, but it's also used as a numbing agent so that you don't need to feel the pain during an operation. My point being bitcoin is a tool. The crime comes from the user
Activity: 224
March 17, 2018, 08:19:45 AM
Because of bitcoin's anonymity it is easy for criminals to steal or do fraudulent transactions online. And also government can't regulate bitcoin. Regardless of this, criminals can still do crimes without bitcoin or not. They have been doing this even before bitcoin existed.

I think we should not blame Bitcoin. Anything has two sides of it. I think if Bitcoin does not exist, criminals will also have many ways to support them. Bitcoin today thrives, in the future will verify the identity of the BTC sender. BTC will no longer be anonymous.
Activity: 350
Merit: 109
March 17, 2018, 08:12:52 AM
We are alert how bitcoin is used by an anonymous person which means nobody distinguishes what you have been doing. We don’t know if some of us use the bitcoin on the criminal’s activities like money laundering or use the bitcoin on the drug transaction because bitcoin dealings are transparent. People might not be able to link the identity of the person. But in the end, it depended on the person how they use the bitcoin in a right way or a wrong.
Pages:
Jump to: