Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 62. (Read 90086 times)

legendary
Activity: 1386
Merit: 1058
February 05, 2016, 01:25:08 PM
-snip-
Nope a wallet can nearly never been hacked. Unless you get a virus otherwise you'll never be hacked.

No what makes btc really secure is the number of people actually using it AND the number of companies mining it. It means lots of powerful people have interest in seeing btc working.

Added to that that the end of btc wouldn't help anyone!

Yeah, the security and risks for the bitcoin wallet is the same as other wallets and accounts online. You should have to make the some recommended security for your bitcoin wallet which you can adopt from here in this forum as well as from bitcoin wiki.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
February 05, 2016, 12:35:20 PM
it's not a very safe investment because of the volatility of the price but considering the physical risk then I think it's as safe or safer than saving money in your house etc...
You are right the volatility and instability of price makes our money unsecure. The price value of bitcoin when comes to down then it fly away a lot of money from millions of people. We need stable price for it, if the price were stable then super secure. But, still I love this price volatility for my trading.

In terms of safe investment in bitcoin, we can ride the price volatility to make profits in bitcoin. There are some advices by some bitcoin financial and trading experts on how to ride the market if the price turns down.
legendary
Activity: 2100
Merit: 1058
February 05, 2016, 12:32:56 PM
it's not a very safe investment because of the volatility of the price but considering the physical risk then I think it's as safe or safer than saving money in your house etc...
You are right the volatility and instability of price makes our money unsecure. The price value of bitcoin when comes to down then it fly away a lot of money from millions of people. We need stable price for it, if the price were stable then super secure. But, still I love this price volatility for my trading.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1008
February 05, 2016, 11:52:58 AM
I think it really really safe. Especially since it is widely used by many people.
Namely, it is used all over the world. So I think it is safe.

Actually bitcoins' technical aspects and feature made it safe , but in general, bitcoins safety will still depend on the holder/owner. Also if something is widely used by many people, it doesn't mean its safe at all. In the end, it will depend on you, no matter how safe bitcoin is and you are being careless and incautious, the security of bitcoin is useless.

Exactly the owner itself is the key to make it safe but sometimes even with a safe owner,possibility of hacking is really have chances. That's thy using some precautions like multiple wallets can be a good practice.
Activity: 546
Merit: 500
February 05, 2016, 10:53:33 AM
I think it really really safe. Especially since it is widely used by many people.

Actually bitcoins' technical aspects and feature made it safe , but in general, bitcoins safety will still depend on the holder/owner. Also if something is widely used by many people, it doesn't mean its safe at all. In the end, it will depend on you, no matter how safe bitcoin is and you are being careless and incautious, the security of bitcoin is useless.
Activity: 672
February 05, 2016, 10:46:14 AM
The bitcoin is very safe to use.

I think its the safest way to pay something online.

Also you just need good wallets that are protected because that's the issue of some people.

I really think Bitcoin is secure. But the online wallets are less safe I guess. Because I've heard that people are sometimes hacked there.
And I certainly do not want to so I keep it on my own computer.
Activity: 203
Merit: 100
February 05, 2016, 08:56:02 AM
Yes bitcoin is safe, but if you asking about its safe and satble i will say no, if you today buy 1 BTC fo 100$ so you can find the BTC hit the 150$ each BTC and here you buy agin, 5 hours later its go down to 75$ and you right now if you sell lose lot of money, but over wall i thnk bitcoin are safe and the price will be higher, on the shot time, i will not say its safe only if you think long time investment.
legendary
Activity: 1554
Merit: 1054
February 05, 2016, 08:51:01 AM
Bitcoin is very safe, its the best pay method in the world.
Its very safe and also untraceable.
The bitcoin is the future of all currency's

It is safe but it is traceable. All the transactions can seen online. People can trace the transactions easily.
Yeah, it is the major problem for me that the transactions can be seen online to everyone. There should be some secret route for it so that others cannot know that how much the particular person is transacting . That is the only thing with which one can feel insecurity.
Activity: 126
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
February 05, 2016, 06:42:56 AM
It is safe as there are so many investors already. The whales are heavily invested into it and the only problem is the price stability in order for it to be used by more merchants.

Yes. We want the price to be very stable to be used by merchants. At present, it is just a good tool for trading and investment.
Activity: 546
February 05, 2016, 05:26:54 AM
Of course the bitcoin is very safe, its the securest payment method there is available.
I think you just need to secure your wallets very good so your coins can't be stolen.
Activity: 728
February 05, 2016, 05:05:28 AM
It is safe as there are so many investors already. The whales are heavily invested into it and the only problem is the price stability in order for it to be used by more merchants.
Activity: 778
February 05, 2016, 05:02:07 AM
Yes bitcoin is the securest payment method I know for sure.
Also the bitcoin itself is very secure, only the wallets are sometimes hacked by people.
Activity: 476
Merit: 252
February 05, 2016, 04:56:52 AM

Yeah and not only people (users) but there is also a whole industry on it!
And lets face it, lots of people are using it for illegal stuff, it's rather practical. I don't think bitcoin will die as long as it's used by gangs and mafia xD
Activity: 182
Pollak
February 05, 2016, 04:36:16 AM
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
February 04, 2016, 07:12:27 PM
Is bitcoin safe, yes it is I even think the bitcoin is the safest payment method there is available at the moment, as example paypal accounts are getting hacked very much. Plus bitcoin is secure,fast and untraceable.
PayPal do have relatively good security. However, hacks on PayPal accounts occurs because of bad security practices, just like Bitcoin. Since PayPal payments are easily reversible, it isn't of much interest compared to Bitcoin. With Bitcoin, it is easier to steal if the user doesn't take proper safety security practices.
That is what I really hate about Paypal. It is just too easy for a transactions to be reversed.

Not just that, but PayPal itself sometimes limits or freezes your account for any invalid or almost no reason at all, where in case of BTC, you are yourself responsible for everything whatever happens with you or your coins...
We do not have any type of investment that is risk free, theoretically, I think US bank securities are considered risk free.

No, not even such securities are, as they are held by governments, and anything to be held either by Banks or Governments are the most riskiest investments as compared to BTC which is completely decentralized...
Yes, but it depends if you consider  the risk from what aspect. For example if you consider risk from price aspect then those securities are the safest ones but if you consider it from ownership aspect then bitcoin is safe.
Activity: 644
February 04, 2016, 03:38:02 PM
The problem with me from it is the instability of price, I want a stable or increasing value for it. and for that of wallets, try to stay alets with any virus or trojans etc, as with that someone can hack your account, and can withdraw your money. I am using xapo, and it is I think more secure as eachtime the device changes it send a verification message to my phone to login
Merit: 252
February 04, 2016, 11:43:16 AM
it's as safe as your creditcard IMO, if you don't expose your computer to viruses or trojans or show the private keys to someone else then it is safe, as an investment it depends, but surely a high-risk money investment.

I think it is much safer than those credit cards. If those are stolen it can be used just to swipe and sign. Bitcoin is not that easy to be used, there are codes and it can also be connected to your and whenever it is logged or used it will text you or email you.

For credit card, if they are stolen and used, you will not be liable. You can get your money back. But if your bitcoin is stolen, it is gone.

I definitely think Bitcoin is secure. A lot of people use the fact and it is also used a lot.

I think it is very safe. The only thing that is not safe, I think that the wallets for Bitcoins.

There you can include it being hacked.

Nope a wallet can nearly never been hacked. Unless you get a virus otherwise you'll never be hacked.

No what makes btc really secure is the number of people actually using it AND the number of companies mining it. It means lots of powerful people have interest in seeing btc working.

Added to that that the end of btc wouldn't help anyone!
Activity: 420
Merit: 250
February 04, 2016, 10:42:58 AM
The bitcoin is very safe to use.

I think its the safest way to pay something online.

Also you just need good wallets that are protected because that's the issue of some people.
Merit: 250
February 04, 2016, 10:00:01 AM
it's as safe as your creditcard IMO, if you don't expose your computer to viruses or trojans or show the private keys to someone else then it is safe, as an investment it depends, but surely a high-risk money investment.

I think it is much safer than those credit cards. If those are stolen it can be used just to swipe and sign. Bitcoin is not that easy to be used, there are codes and it can also be connected to your and whenever it is logged or used it will text you or email you.

For credit card, if they are stolen and used, you will not be liable. You can get your money back. But if your bitcoin is stolen, it is gone.

I definitely think Bitcoin is secure. A lot of people use the fact and it is also used a lot.

I think it is very safe. The only thing that is not safe, I think that the wallets for Bitcoins.

There you can include it being hacked.
Activity: 126
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
February 04, 2016, 05:21:19 AM

Pages:
Jump to: