Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Bitcoins safe? - page 61. (Read 90086 times)

Activity: 770
Merit: 500
Forza Roma
February 07, 2016, 09:26:43 AM
safe or whether bitcoin is how we look after it. if we are not smart and intelligent keep bitcoin account then we could lose everything.

to guarantee the security and I think bitcoin is still not fully.  Smiley

True if you are carefull and protect it nothing can or will happen.
If you don't do that, like any other money, you can lose it to thieves and hackers.
legendary
Activity: 1414
Merit: 1001
February 07, 2016, 07:00:25 AM
safe or whether bitcoin is how we look after it. if we are not smart and intelligent keep bitcoin account then we could lose everything.

to guarantee the security and I think bitcoin is still not fully.  Smiley
Activity: 462
Merit: 250
February 07, 2016, 06:40:02 AM
I'm being worried by the current situation you know?

The size issue yeah for sure. But more than the size and scalable aspect, the thing that was revealed by the issue it the problems concerning any evolution of btc...
It takes months, if not year to change anything. And in the meantime some altcoin which are treated like shitcoins are developing and evolving really fast!
legendary
Activity: 1596
Merit: 1011
February 07, 2016, 05:44:48 AM
if you can protect your computer and all data related to bitcoin, it can be said to "Bitcoin is secure".
Activity: 910
February 07, 2016, 05:06:08 AM
ofcourse it is not safe since the price vary too much....... last year i bought 1 btc of price 600$ around.. now its too less.. regarding this it is not safe.

when it comes to security it is 100% safe if you have offline wallet.. Smiley
Isn't there any risk of losing offline wallet? I think it has some risks in this aspect.

only if you don't have a backup otherwise it's the most secure thing out there
if you reinstall the system your computer course all data will be lost including your desktop wallets
therefore need to back up your wallet before doing that. but I think it is better to use an online wallet

if you have a backup it does not matter what will happen to your main hard disk, there is no lose guaranteed

online wallet are 100% unsecure, the only exception is coinbase maybe, because they are connected with IRS
no any online wallet is perfect even coinbase , if you look close coinbase is following the regulation and standard of US policy (in other word you can not use their services if you resided in country sanctioned by the US ) so this is against Bitcoin no 1 rules freedom to use it anywhere even through a Tor network.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 07, 2016, 04:31:33 AM
ofcourse it is not safe since the price vary too much....... last year i bought 1 btc of price 600$ around.. now its too less.. regarding this it is not safe.

Isn't there any risk of losing offline wallet? I think it has some risks in this aspect.

if you reinstall the system your computer course all data will be lost including your desktop wallets
therefore need to back up your wallet before doing that. but I think it is better to use an online wallet

if you have a backup it does not matter what will happen to your main hard disk, there is no lose guaranteed

online wallet are 100% unsecure, the only exception is coinbase maybe, because they are connected with IRS
Activity: 490
February 07, 2016, 02:48:37 AM

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
February 06, 2016, 03:57:11 PM
I believe that bitcoin is safe and the best thing is that we have control on our own money, no one is aware how much bitcoins we are holding in our digital wallet, so I think it is safe and better then banking system.
Activity: 406
February 06, 2016, 11:18:31 AM
The start of 2016 has been far from tranquil for most equity and commodity investors. With the Chinese Shanghai Composite falling from over 3500 at the start of the month by over 16% to circa 2950 and with Oil tumbling to just over $30 a barrel, its’ lowest price in over a decade, people are desperately looking for a stable alternative to keep their money safe and option is BITCOIN!
Activity: 196
February 06, 2016, 11:14:44 AM
I definitely know that Bitcoin is secure. Especially, as most people use the full contain confidential.
I also think it's safe. It is used by many people.

Bitcoin is safe if you take proper care of it, for me its very safe as I haven't lost any of my coin till the time I am using it, and totally depends on what amount of bitcoins you are earning, if you are earning in peanuts then no would keep watch on your wallet.
Activity: 308
February 06, 2016, 09:51:44 AM
I definitely know that Bitcoin is secure. Especially, as most people use the full contain confidential.
I also think it's safe. It is used by many people.
Activity: 238
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
February 06, 2016, 09:17:11 AM
Bitcoin gives you an option, you can use it without the banks. You can also use it with the banks if the banks allow you. That will be very safe.

That's true, but I don't think that bank will come in support of bitcoins, at a moment I feel that bitcoin is very safe no doubt you need to take preventive measures at initial stage, so that your bitcoin remains away from hackers and scammers.
Activity: 644
February 06, 2016, 09:04:07 AM

I think its how we maintaining the paper wallet. We should keep in the private folder in your hardware or somewhere you keep it safe.

Other than that no harmness for your wallet even scammers or hackers also can't.
Activity: 714
IF YOU Enjoy Trade with ME ..PUT Feedback Please
February 06, 2016, 08:13:32 AM
Bitcoin is like your personal wallet . so when your wallet is full of money you are going to hold & hide in safe place .
So Bitcoin is safer than any banking system around in other world no financial cries , wrong polices would affect bitcoin .

Activity: 126
fastdice.com The Worlds Fastest Bitcoin Dice
February 06, 2016, 07:46:28 AM
Bitcoin gives you an option, you can use it without the banks. You can also use it with the banks if the banks allow you. That will be very safe.
Activity: 378
February 05, 2016, 04:03:18 PM
As a "financial genius" you should know the answer to that by now. Sorry for the joke. Bitcoin is safer than banks. The power isn't only in the hands of some people but in the hands of everyone. I don't think you need to worry about losing you investments.
legendary
Activity: 1568
Merit: 1000
February 05, 2016, 03:08:28 PM
I wouldn't in a million years put all my money in Bitcoin. As an investment and something you can afford to lose, it's fine but there are plenty of risks. From price volatility to actual loss of all your money if you are not careful, and even if you are, you never know for sure. To top it all off, many people here hate banks and similar things but they forget that they are regulated, Bitcoin it is not, it's the wild west so to many who could say well you have risk stashing money in a bank, it's not the same at all.

However, keeping some BTC for the long term can definitely prove to be a wise investment, I'm sure plenty of rich people have it, for them it's nothing if they lose it but it can be worth a lot in  some years or give them one of the best ROI compared to other options even if it's riskier.
legendary
Activity: 3248
Merit: 1070
February 05, 2016, 02:51:30 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
The All-in-One Cryptocurrency Exchange
February 05, 2016, 02:28:11 PM

Activity: 260
February 05, 2016, 01:36:11 PM

Pages:
Jump to: