Pages:
Author

Topic: is CEX.IO a SCAM? - page 3. (Read 2792 times)

Activity: 18
Merit: 0
December 23, 2017, 02:54:15 AM
December 19, 2017, 04:14:48 AM
December 16, 2017, 09:25:41 AM
December 14, 2017, 04:17:28 AM
My user name up107191978

I can not withdraw my BTC or USD from 2017/09/19

My request (338184), 339383,

and CEX said that " We are sorry for delayed reply. Due to extremely high load of requests it will take us extra time to resolve your issue. Our support team is working around the clock to reduce the queue, and we will reply to you as soon as possible"

Why I can't Withdraw my BTC or my USD

What happened to CEX> io

We have contacted our support team regarding your issue. The withdrawal has been completed.
We are sorry for your experience and are doing everything possible to process the tickets promptly.

It seems maybe the money coming in is being paid to the ones going out???

I have been writing several times to CEX with no response beyond the generic "we will get back to you". I sent you all my available cash (11000 USD) 6 days ago in two wires and neither were credited. A friend who used your service in the past was credited in 2 days. I didn't even receive any kind of email confirming my money was deposited and pending. I opened 2 tickets. my userid is up110856789. ticket #433854, & 434659. or maybe you only credit the ones that go on forums complaining?

So immediately after this is posted, they release my 1100$ USD wire but block my 10,000 USD wire saying my daily maximum is passed. Funny how #1, I initiated these wires on different days and they allow 10000 USD per day, but THEY decided to process them both the same day to block and hold my 10000$ wire!!!!! Funny also that they didn't didn't release the larger wire instead and block the smaller one isn't it?

You've held my money for a week now CEX! Surely that means I'm not over a ****ing daily limit doesn't it?Huh? Buyers beware. Invest elsewhere if you don't want to beg for over a week to get your money back to then be told you need to give up all your personal information to increase your limit! Just process the wires on they dates they are sent instead of accumulating them to block them.

I guess CEX wants to BS us and hang on to our money and get our tax info to sell us out to the IRS the same way Coinbase just did! Well I'm not American and you can't have my info because it's none of your ****ing business! So much for crypto anonymity!

No more CEX for me.

What a joke! Release my second wire! It was from another day! Daily limit NOT SURPASSED YOU BS ARTISTS! What kind of business dealings are these?Huh
So no reply from CEX about my frozen 10,000 USD that was wired on a different day than the other 1100$. They claim we can wire 10K per day and then freeze you out demanding all your financial info and ID and sources. Meanwhile, purchased Ether with the 1100$ and they have taken 15 hours and still not transferred to my wallet, it did however disappear from my CEX account immediately. Nice working with you CEX. Would like my 10,000 USD, which is all my available cash, either credited to my account or returned to my bank immediately. I wonder what you're doing with my money while you're blocking my access to it.

Find a safer exchange people. They want your private info and like to sit on your cash for over a week and counting. I just hope I'll see it again one day!

Hello, as our financial team has written you on a ticket, you need to be verified corporate client because of the reasons they indicated. In another case, we can send your funds back which has been also asked by our financial managers. We are waiting for your decision. Thank you in advance for the cooperation and apologies for some delay in response.

Ah, I see you did finally write me at last on the 8th here about the corporate verification. Thank you! As I stated since, I sent in all the requested financial info Dec 7, 13:42 GMT.

That's 5 days since I'm waiting for your corporate verification and 15 days total that my 10K USD has been stranded.

How long until you will verify the documents you requested and release my funds? Are the documents approved? Please, I hope I'm not waiting over 5 days to then be told you want more documents, that will then take 5 days more? Also, I bought a large amount of XRP but your site doesn't allow a withdrawal of XRP. Why not? Will that be resolved?

Please request the immediate return of my wire to my business account of my 10K$ USD that has been stuck for over 2 weeks now.

I can no longer even log into support. I am redirected directly to the trading site.

I can't afford to wait for customer service to maybe eventually treat my documents. I will pay the service fee to use credit cards instead. At least it's immediately accessible. Please respond by email to me as I get no notifications from support and didn't see your reply here until I re-read the whole thread.

Heard back from support but story keeps changing. Now I'm told I didn't supply a wire confirmation. Last response closed the ticket saying it was treated. Previous requested corporate documents. So the story changes between you wired too much in one day, then used a business account, then you got your money and now we didn't get the confirmation...

Here is my reply to support:
Mickey W Today at 00:06
Dear up110856789,

Thank you for the inquiry.

Kindly ask you to provide the bank receipt in the amount of 10K. You have attached only $1100 deposit request.

Thank you in advance. 
Best Regards
Mickey
Support team

Avatar   up110856789 Today at 23:58
Sorry Mickey but you are clearly mistaken. I sent both wire confirmations together at the same time. It's hard to maintain belief in good faith at 2 weeks and continuously receiving wrong and conflicting information from your support. I have been able to make credit card transactions and withdraw my crypto to my ledger so I have faith this is just really, really poor support. But you are losing credibility by this kind of exceptionally poor handling. First you tell me I'm over my daly limit when my trxns were from different days. Then you tell me I need corporate verification. then you sit on my documents for a week with no response. Then you close the case and tell me the wire is processed when only one of two is done. 1k of 11k total. And now you claim I didn't send confirmation??? Seriously? How would you feel if it was 2 weeks now that your 10K was sitting in someone else's account and you were getting all these different wrong responses? Wouldn't you be worried you were being robbed? I'm resubmitting my wire confirmation now. Please do the right thing and return the wire immediately. the funds are needed for my businesses operation. The wire was intended to cover my personal finances temporarily and now you have frozen my business funds. I will again update this conversation to the forum since I only received responses from you once I posted there. I will clearly state on that post once you refund me, but also how long it took. Stop hurting my business and your credibility please!

Wire transfer confirmation with order number.png (200 KB)

Moral of the story remains. Don't wire to CEX. Ok for CC deposits and then coin withdrawals. Hoping I'll get my business funds of 10K USD back one day soon! :/
December 12, 2017, 12:04:06 PM
My user name up107191978

and CEX said that " We are sorry for delayed reply. Due to extremely high load of requests it will take us extra time to resolve your issue. Our support team is working around the clock to reduce the queue, and we will reply to you as soon as possible"

What happened to CEX> io

We have contacted our support team regarding your issue. The withdrawal has been completed.
We are sorry for your experience and are doing everything possible to process the tickets promptly.

I have been writing several times to CEX with no response beyond the generic "we will get back to you". I sent you all my available cash (11000 USD) 6 days ago in two wires and neither were credited. A friend who used your service in the past was credited in 2 days. I didn't even receive any kind of email confirming my money was deposited and pending. I opened 2 tickets. my userid is up110856789. ticket #433854, & 434659. or maybe you only credit the ones that go on forums complaining?

So immediately after this is posted, they release my 1100$ USD wire but block my 10,000 USD wire saying my daily maximum is passed. Funny how #1, I initiated these wires on different days and they allow 10000 USD per day, but THEY decided to process them both the same day to block and hold my 10000$ wire!!!!! Funny also that they didn't didn't release the larger wire instead and block the smaller one isn't it?

You've held my money for a week now CEX! Surely that means I'm not over a ****ing daily limit doesn't it?Huh? Buyers beware. Invest elsewhere if you don't want to beg for over a week to get your money back to then be told you need to give up all your personal information to increase your limit! Just process the wires on they dates they are sent instead of accumulating them to block them.

I guess CEX wants to BS us and hang on to our money and get our tax info to sell us out to the IRS the same way Coinbase just did! Well I'm not American and you can't have my info because it's none of your ****ing business! So much for crypto anonymity!

No more CEX for me.

What a joke! Release my second wire! It was from another day! Daily limit NOT SURPASSED YOU BS ARTISTS! What kind of business dealings are these?Huh
So no reply from CEX about my frozen 10,000 USD that was wired on a different day than the other 1100$. They claim we can wire 10K per day and then freeze you out demanding all your financial info and ID and sources. Meanwhile, purchased Ether with the 1100$ and they have taken 15 hours and still not transferred to my wallet, it did however disappear from my CEX account immediately. Nice working with you CEX. Would like my 10,000 USD, which is all my available cash, either credited to my account or returned to my bank immediately. I wonder what you're doing with my money while you're blocking my access to it.

Find a safer exchange people. They want your private info and like to sit on your cash for over a week and counting. I just hope I'll see it again one day!

Hello, as our financial team has written you on a ticket, you need to be verified corporate client because of the reasons they indicated. In another case, we can send your funds back which has been also asked by our financial managers. We are waiting for your decision. Thank you in advance for the cooperation and apologies for some delay in response.

Ah, I see you did finally write me at last on the 8th here about the corporate verification. Thank you! As I stated since, I sent in all the requested financial info Dec 7, 13:42 GMT.

That's 5 days since I'm waiting for your corporate verification and 15 days total that my 10K USD has been stranded.

How long until you will verify the documents you requested and release my funds? Are the documents approved? Please, I hope I'm not waiting over 5 days to then be told you want more documents, that will then take 5 days more? Also, I bought a large amount of XRP but your site doesn't allow a withdrawal of XRP. Why not? Will that be resolved?

Please request the immediate return of my wire to my business account of my 10K$ USD that has been stuck for over 2 weeks now.

I can no longer even log into support. I am redirected directly to the trading site.

I can't afford to wait for customer service to maybe eventually treat my documents. I will pay the service fee to use credit cards instead. At least it's immediately accessible. Please respond by email to me as I get no notifications from support and didn't see your reply here until I re-read the whole thread.
December 12, 2017, 05:58:46 AM
My user name up107191978

What happened to CEX> io

No more CEX for me.

December 10, 2017, 09:11:47 PM
My user name up107191978

What happened to CEX> io

No more CEX for me.

11 days and counting....

Ended up sending all my personal financial info Dec 7, 13:42 GMT in the desperate hope of getting access to MY money!!!! 2 days since then and nothing but generic responses still...

BTC boom long gone from my buy in of what I had available at 8200 USD. Hopefully I'll have my cash before Crypto winter passes. Not one transaction went smoothly. Nor banks in 2 countries (Canada & US, wires held back), a nightmare liquidating my UK Fundsmith equity account (needed a full blown investigation after 2 series of registered mails they requested proved insufficient. About 3 week ordeal) and then wires tied down in CEX. Not sure how to go forward. Only the 3.5% credit card transactions on CEX went smoothly. However, stranded on CEX and Bittrex with ridiculous delays on verifications and their support bot only... I hope all this chaos at the exchanges is nothing more than good sign of crypto trade booming and them being overwhelmed...

13 days and counting. No response since I submitted all my tax and company and income source info. 10K USD trapped and no one to say a word about it. Don't wire money to CEX!!!
December 08, 2017, 11:13:51 PM
My user name up107191978

What happened to CEX> io

No more CEX for me.

11 days and counting....

Ended up sending all my personal financial info Dec 7, 13:42 GMT in the desperate hope of getting access to MY money!!!! 2 days since then and nothing but generic responses still...

BTC boom long gone from my buy in of what I had available at 8200 USD. Hopefully I'll have my cash before Crypto winter passes. Not one transaction went smoothly. Nor banks in 2 countries (Canada & US, wires held back), a nightmare liquidating my UK Fundsmith equity account (needed a full blown investigation after 2 series of registered mails they requested proved insufficient. About 3 week ordeal) and then wires tied down in CEX. Not sure how to go forward. Only the 3.5% credit card transactions on CEX went smoothly. However, stranded on CEX and Bittrex with ridiculous delays on verifications and their support bot only... I hope all this chaos at the exchanges is nothing more than good sign of crypto trade booming and them being overwhelmed...

CEX
legendary
Activity: 1227
Merit: 1003
December 08, 2017, 09:37:51 AM
My user name up107191978

What happened to CEX> io

No more CEX for me.

December 06, 2017, 11:32:02 PM
My user name up107191978

What happened to CEX> io

No more CEX for me.

December 06, 2017, 07:19:48 AM
My user name up107191978

What happened to CEX> io

No more CEX for me.

Activity: 5
December 05, 2017, 05:15:22 PM
Hello!

Until now cex.io works fine for me deposit,withdraw money withdraw to credit card everything but this time something strange happen so i ask Cex.support here because not answer on tickets to solve this  issue

My username at cex.io is up109811575

I make two ETH withdraw from My account one tx id is 0x1e32fa1d82fa5208c5b7bb1744c0d30ddef7a9073d34cccb3094680ed6a05b81     and another is
                                                                                0x0df24a466f57e27b0b50e8917fdbf1120810d12f4d6e28369e5a3291b497acdf     Funds are not coming and  TX ID-s copied gives  the following message at etherscan.io "Sorry, We are unable to locate the Transaction Hash"

Support of Cex.io  please do something ASAP!!!!!
December 05, 2017, 08:28:05 AM
My user name up107191978

What happened to CEX> io

Activity: 616
Merit: 256
September 26, 2017, 05:47:59 AM
CEX.io is one of the respectable and trustable crypto trading platform in Europe, based on your attach screenshot you are requesting a huge transactions amounting to 20,000 USD direct to yourbank account, maybe there are some AMLC or KYC issue from your country when doing transactions from btc to fiat, nevertheless CEX.io can resolve your issue maybe it takes a lot of time, or the maybe there a tons of withdrawal request queueing from their site.
CEX
legendary
September 26, 2017, 05:28:31 AM
My user name up107191978

What happened to CEX> io

Activity: 1
September 22, 2017, 10:36:15 AM
My user name up107191978

What happened to CEX> io

CEX
legendary
September 19, 2017, 05:54:15 AM
I have my flat withdraw in CEX.IO for more then 10 days now, still pending and support server do not reply me anymore,so worried now

https://ibb.co/fLag15

Good day. We are sorry for your experience and would love to help you. Please, provide us with your User ID so that we could investigate the issue.
Activity: 546
Merit: 250
Maybe a fed.
September 17, 2017, 06:19:47 PM
I have my flat withdraw in CEX.IO for more then 10 days now, still pending and support server do not reply me anymore,so worried now

A lot of complaints recently and actually at least one scam accusation against them as well.

This means that it is extremely likely that they are having significant liquidity issues that are affecting their ability to process withdrawals on time, and/or a shortage of customer support staff to man the stations.

I would say that at best, they are a shady operation currently.

20000 USD is a lot of money ,is there anything I can do about it?I am locate in U.S. 

or am I just gonna sir and pray for my money will come....

There's your problem, cex.io does not do wire transfers to US accounts you have to have an account with cryptocapital and they ARE sketchy as fuck.

Actually I am sending it to my bank in Canada

Oh nevermind then, no idea tbh lol
Activity: 952
Merit: 513
September 17, 2017, 05:22:28 AM

From experience they have been a pretty decent exchange, i stopped using them though when they discontinued their cloud mining service and their partner GHash.io slowly died down. So haven't been using them for a while now.

But looking at all the threads being opened about cex.io's support, i think that they are indeed scamming or at least having liquidity issues. Perhaps they suffered a hack that was undisclosed or something.

Try to contact support as many times as possible, all you can do at the moment. But others are getting delayed withdrawals as well so it's not you only.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 531
September 17, 2017, 05:13:48 AM

Well damn. That's a lot of money that you have on there and it sure hurts to not be able to withdraw them.

This guy seems to be having the same problem as you, withdrawal not being processed though he has enough balance to withdraw, and support isn't giving any type of response to resolve the issue.

It might not be a scam yet, but it's having difficulty. Even if it turned out just to be a short term shortage in support, i would not use them again.
Pages:
Jump to: