Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM??? - page 2. (Read 104874 times)

Activity: 253
Merit: 10
September 26, 2018, 02:40:16 PM
Yes, I agree - now ETN is really going through difficult times. But I think that you just need to be patient, the situation will be restored in time. In any case - ETN is not a fraud. Just such problems are now typical for the entire crypto market.ммм
Activity: 304
September 26, 2018, 01:52:29 PM
I believe that ETN has a really interesting idea, an important value for society and an excellent potential for further development. Of course, its prices have recently declined significantly. But we need to understand that this situation is now typical for the entire crypto market.
Activity: 194
September 26, 2018, 04:17:02 AM
Until the SEC defeats their company and shows that all the fiction and in fact for them or that is not worth it, you can not say it.

Why would the SEC be involved? This is a UK limited company. Also people are entitled to question motives, you can’t play the ‘innocent until proven guilty’ card.
Activity: 504
September 26, 2018, 04:16:16 AM
in fact, he once heard also about scam this project. but it would be nice indeed we have to do the analysis before finally spreading the news is not good. because it turns out the ICO is well underway.
Activity: 630
Merit: 500
September 26, 2018, 04:07:10 AM
Until the SEC defeats their company and shows that all the fiction and in fact for them or that is not worth it, you can not say it.
Activity: 169
Merit: 100
September 25, 2018, 04:10:43 PM
Just to let everyone know---

The mobile miner DOES NOT actually mine. It uses as many resources on your phone that it would take to load a wikipedia page. Saying that it damages your phone is a lie. I will always delete post that are completely lying to the community.
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
September 25, 2018, 03:17:43 PM
Now many similar rumors go. Possibly it is the bad project and people in vain will not speak. I think it the truth and the project does not deserve our attention

i think the belugapay app is much better and easier  Wink but I think it only works in Mexico.  Grin
Activity: 255
September 25, 2018, 03:16:47 PM
Now the cost of ETN has really decreased significantly. According to my information, prices fell by about 50%. Of course, this is not the most pleasant situation. But in any case I am sure that in the future the project has an excellent potential for long-term development. In any case, this is not fraud.
Activity: 111
September 25, 2018, 02:52:49 PM
Now many similar rumors go. Possibly it is the bad project and people in vain will not speak. I think it the truth and the project does not deserve our attention
September 25, 2018, 02:43:02 PM
how big is the download of the ETN CLI Wallet and how long does it take to synchronize ? has anyone tested this wallet ? thank you

Depends on many factors like the speed of your connection, the device you’re syncing on and its spec. I’ve had a laptop connected since November so I haven’t done a full sync for ages. The wallet works fine but you need to understand CLI. As it’s a copy of Monero’s wallet, I’ve used it fairly extensively.
Activity: 364
Merit: 11
September 25, 2018, 02:02:59 PM
how big is the download of the ETN CLI Wallet and how long does it take to synchronize ? has anyone tested this wallet ? thank you
Activity: 588
September 25, 2018, 09:21:10 AM
No, I definitely do not think so, because I see that these tokens are sold on stock exchanges, which means that these guys did their part of the job, but I did not dive into the details, maybe they managed to deceive somebody
Activity: 212
Merit: 12
September 25, 2018, 09:18:35 AM
can damage the smartphone components we have

Nah, it won't damage your phone. The app is not doing any work. It's a simple airdrop, with no rules set. Today you can "mine" 5 ETN, tomorrow it could be 2 ETN, depending on Richard's mood.

CharlieCox got rid of the app to use a paper wallet (I assume) as it’s safer and is a good idea, though without the app you can’t use the Instant Payments so it has no unique or interesting features at that point.

+1
Activity: 238
Merit: 0
September 25, 2018, 08:24:33 AM
I think Electroneum is not a scam because they launched a mobile mining smartphone according to what they mentioned on the roadmap. Oftenly they are giving update their progress about their development and their partnership with the other companies. Recently they launched the payment system.
Can't be a Scam is a company that make any progress in its development. Usually scammers are fed with promises and nothing more.
September 25, 2018, 08:18:18 AM
I'm not storing the amount of coins I have in their wallet only for it to be locked by KYC or because Ells is having a bad day.

I've transferred all ETN coins from the ETN mobile miner / wallet to another address since "not my keys, not my coins". I've deleted the mobile miner from my phone.

that's like me, I think mining via smartphone will get any benefit because I think the new coin has a few blocks, but it turns out that mobile mining only waste time and can damage the smartphone components we have

It doesn’t damage anything, how are people still not getting this after nearly a year... it’s an airdrop, it’s not doing any PoW consensus/validation. CharlieCox got rid of the app to use a paper wallet (I assume) as it’s safer and is a good idea, though without the app you can’t use the Instant Payments so it has no unique or interesting features at that point.
Activity: 420
September 25, 2018, 08:17:21 AM
I think Electroneum is not a scam because they launched a mobile mining smartphone according to what they mentioned on the roadmap. Oftenly they are giving update their progress about their development and their partnership with the other companies. Recently they launched the payment system.
September 25, 2018, 08:07:44 AM
I'm not storing the amount of coins I have in their wallet only for it to be locked by KYC or because Ells is having a bad day.

I've transferred my ETN coins from the ETN mobile miner / wallet to another address since not my keys, not my coins. I've deleted the mobile miner from my phone.
September 25, 2018, 06:26:26 AM
maybe people who say fraud is the one who feels the loss in this project, but some people say this is a very good project, so in my opinion this is a form of disappointment for the person who is disadvantaged from this project ... sorry if I'm wrong ...

It would be a decent project but it's spearheaded by an inexperienced yet egocentric team. Richard Ells has little credibility even outside of blockchain, and none within. It's probably not an intentional scam, but the way it's being pumped today, it has real Ponzi-like qualities.

Ponzi?

LOL

Anyway, looks like you did well, even tho this is only a tiny fraction of where ETN is going

You said you were only going in for short term. Sell already or do you expect to see more before you sell? I would go for long term, but you know what I think lol

Must be happy you invested

Yes, Ponzi. Someone has taken responsibility for pumping it, FOMO driving the price up further and then bringing it back down again - that is, the last investors will get burned and the early ones make the money.

I’m going to milk it for all it’s worth then get out before it goes pear-shaped, as in beyond the point of no return.

I’m happy I made money, I’m not happy it was at the expense of my integrity doing it off the back of something I don’t believe in.

It is not a tiny fraction of anything, if you think 800 BTC worth of trade will flow through ETN each day then you are gravely mistaken. Also, what is this about locked wallets, not the first time it’s happened either is it?

Responsible citation?

800 will be well surpassed

They upgraded and once finished, most found that when they logged out and back in they were fine

The couple people reporting they are still receiving the message, have/should create ticket, as this is not common

Enivitable with a project which has a level of centralization to it. Sometimes being a decentralized-centralized hybrid is a double edge sword.

You really shouldnt feel bad because ETN is a crypto, and like any legit crypto, it has dynamics that a ponzi doesnt have, as they are not alike in definition.

Reasonable citation? Go and follow anything in the Discord or Telegram, there is some serious dick-swinging going on with people claiming to be pouring money in to be driving the price up, this is insider trading, not that it matters and yes, you are right, it is not a 'Ponzi' in that respect but it mimics a lot of the qualities of one. When that pump finished a lot of people were left with overpriced coins at 200+ sats and yes, if you blindly believe, then 200+ sats is cheap but if you are a sceptic, you've been done. A normal increase in trade volume is under 100% for a good pump, 2600% or whatever it was is manipulation by an entity, even you can't pretend that you can't see it. Also, it's well known by now that most fanboys are sitting on bags waiting for it to moon, they are not trading. And before you say but 'people can manipulate any coin', you can surely see that when a coin has crap trade volume normally, all it took was a few million USD to swing it - the only people who can do that with BTC, XRP, ETH, etc. are mega-corporations and global banks; ETN was affected by the sounds of it by a few wealthy individuals.

I can't see how there is much element of decentralisation to this at all any more; majority of the miners are ASICs in China built by one or two companies, the wallet service and Instant Payments all flows through their servers (which are notoriously unreliable) and that doesn't mean it can't work but please show, by example, where the decentralisation is for this coin because I am struggling to see it.

I don't think I'll get through to you and honestly, that's just fine, this thing is going to implode on itself the way it's going. Everyone loves a coin when it's rising in price but when it crashes down, it's going to be a lot worse than the last time.

My wallet wasn't affected but I'm not storing the amount of coins I have in their wallet only for it to be locked by KYC or because Ells is having a bad day.
September 25, 2018, 03:31:54 AM
Their wallet service - users doesn't have access to their private keys.
This gives them absolute freedom over user funds.

Exactly, and I'll just drop this here: https://youtu.be/pa447maMFLQ?t=14m50s
Activity: 169
September 24, 2018, 11:15:20 PM
I just snipped a previous "ruined my phone" fake post.

I am not a person for censorship but I will delete outright lies.
We all know that the phone doesn't mine. The "mining experience" uses a very small amount of the phones resources. It does not damage the phone in any way.
Pages:
Jump to: