Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Electroneum a SCAM??? - page 22. (Read 104907 times)

Activity: 43
Merit: 0
March 04, 2018, 06:13:39 PM
Electroneum is one of the few ICOs that finishes prior to the real date. To me, it's an excellent sign, because the early adopter are actually over-blown through the task. Why would your create FUD about a genuine task like this? Tere is no point in performin  that, it will look like a very severe cryptocurrency in my experience. You know, Bitcoin cannot be the sole one... There is a real necessity of diversity in blockchain marketplace, so that it can be a healthy marketplace, with no chance of price adjustment by BTC whales... We currently suffered from China's cock moves, we view how much harm a handful of individuals can wreck something.
Activity: 28
March 03, 2018, 04:58:20 AM
I think the concept of Mobile mining could be huge as everyone in the world has a cellphone and a lot of cellphones go to waste as people always want the latest and greatest phone. Currently Electroneum has one of the highest volumes on Cryptopia which is a pretty big exchange.

Great video explaining why it has such a huge marketcap compared to some other coins

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnHMpzOA0to
Activity: 378
Merit: 104
March 03, 2018, 03:25:37 AM
The electeoneum is now launching surely and i even got a mail from them and they are really launching soon i am hoping that they will be successful and they are not scam
hopefully with the launch of the official website electroneum and also has fix the website, hopefully we can get the token electroneum that we have followed before, and hopefully can be sure from mangernya if this is not a scam.

I hope so. As far as i know i have a cousin who buy electruneum and he want to hold it because he believe that electruneum will pump the price and he expect that he has a profit on it.  Hope not a scam.
Your cousin did a really great job and decision, electroneum are on the moon right now compared to its first release as a coin in the market. I think your cousin just predicted what will happen on electroneum and for me that is the best thing he did in the industry, but that is in contrary of what I did, i sell my etn for a very low price, but I am bouncing back right now.
Activity: 322
Merit: 101
March 02, 2018, 08:15:32 AM
Are people still calling this coin a scam? lol.
Activity: 122
Merit: 10
March 02, 2018, 08:10:04 AM
We can not prove that a project is a scam but if a project sees the whitepaper is clear or their team is somewhat unprofessional, then you will know that the project is not legit.
Activity: 31
March 02, 2018, 06:42:55 AM
Well one part ti is a scam. They said that it will be possible to mine it through the cell phones, but that is not true.
Cell phones vulnerability is a good reason to not to do mining, but why they anounced that in the first place.
Is it possible that they didn't know that? It was a good marketing for sure.

There are lots of untruth in not the most popular projects. How do they should attract people to themselves? Of course, there are different ways. Well, I do not see the main features that this project is a scum.

Are you for real? Do you now what are you talking about? Do you keep track of the team announcements or just talk to make posts?
Do you know how a project development works?
The raised the funds and then started to work on the project. They stated from the begining that the mining app is not running and they will develop it once the funds are raised.
Last week they launched the mining app to beta test, meaning they are ahead of the roadmap.
Some people are so greedy and think they deserve it all. You are in just for the free money and you have absolutley no experience in what investment means and i hope people like you dissapear from the market. You deserve to loose all your money.

Ok, I apologize for calling it a scam I overreacted. But there is one thing. I followed Electroneum for a very long time before it got out. I like technology so I waited for that cell phone mining app. They had problems when they started. When they start in November they anounced that they will need to take care about security. They had botnet attack, their devs didn't had enough skills to deal with it and they hired more devs.

Roadmap funny...
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.23848676

So relaunch December 13th...ups you missed it again
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.26183574
https://bitcointalksearch.org/topic/m.26187179

So do you keep track of the team announcements? But I don't know how you missed that if you follow the Electroneum. Don't get me wrong I don't want to kill anyone's profit, I have some ETN too.
You would be surprised with my experience. You don't know me so don't act like you do. I hope you make a lot of money and do well in your life.
Activity: 322
March 02, 2018, 06:38:21 AM
they are legit and i saw a lot of advertisements from them in many sites here in the internet, they might be one of the strongest and successful ICO of oct..The fact that the dev team actually exists, that they have a phone number with a secretary, and a guy willing to answer your specific questions about it, are all good signs. how many years would it take before the average collector could use it for anything?  It's not like companies adopting this would be a quick process.
Activity: 85
February 26, 2018, 09:16:17 AM
Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

The ICO starts in 3 days!!

EDIT

No, it is definately not a scam.

They have raised 3 million already.

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

Damn!!! Ive never seen a coin hit mainstream news sites!!!

Oh the turn that was taken here in this ost is a proof of how the cryptos are impossible to predict.
Activity: 251
Merit: 103
February 26, 2018, 08:56:05 AM
Where is the marketing? I doxed the dev team, which wasn't too hard when they post all their LinkedIn. They are big players in the internet marketing industry in England. They can do it for free!?! I even looked up the coins head guy Richard Ells and called his headquarters. I asked the secretary about Electroneum? I was transfered to a guy that asked me how he could help me with my questions. So I asked, "why aren't you marketing this ICO?". He said, "they are and more is coming." Do you see any marketing? WTF.

EDIT

I was worried about the marketing, but now I see their ads everwhere I go on the internet, so the guy wasnt kidding when he said the marketing is coming!!

a pretty old topic as I see. It is def. not a scam and the team are just rockstars my friend and it will be huge for the British market. By the way, they will be in Mobile World Congress which will happen soon in Spain.

Yes the Mobile World Congress is today, hopefully they can snap up another few business deals and partnerships. Future of ETN looks bright
Activity: 756
Merit: 259
February 26, 2018, 07:58:11 AM

EDIT

a pretty old topic as I see. It is def. not a scam and the team are just rockstars my friend and it will be huge for the British market. By the way, they will be in Mobile World Congress which will happen soon in Spain.
Activity: 490
Merit: 255
February 26, 2018, 07:46:39 AM
Electroneum is not a scam. It is a coin that's main feature is mobile mining but it is fake mining. It uses airdrops instead of real mining.

But there is no other problem with it.
Activity: 14
February 24, 2018, 06:55:55 PM
Electroneum is not a scam, but in my opinion the idea of mobile mining is just stupid... Electroneum is a worthless coin and will go down in value
Activity: 42
February 18, 2018, 04:32:54 PM
Come what may, but their ICO was a big success
Activity: 116
February 16, 2018, 09:23:00 AM
It's not a scam, it will be listed on other exchanges in the coming months. Price will go up!
Activity: 532
Merit: 250
February 15, 2018, 06:42:34 AM
How can thoughts arise about a scam in general. If the coin has so many positive sides.
- The coin works on its own detachment.
- A fairly strong team and consultants
- Good scalability by attracting new users through a mobile application, and ease of use.

Of the minuses only. As I understand, the coin is oriented mainly to the world of the gaming industry.
Activity: 187
Merit: 101
February 15, 2018, 06:22:07 AM
This token is garbage. but the price will go to $ 1 this year. I think in september-october the time has come. when this stupid app comes, even more people will buy this token. and if more advertising comes then the price goes up to $ 1.20

FYI not a token.
Activity: 140
Merit: 11
February 14, 2018, 06:21:17 PM
Electroneum is a cryptocurrency designed for adoption in the mobile currency market globally, with very fast micro-transactions between apps, games and users. In my opinion it will have a great future
Activity: 518
Merit: 258
February 14, 2018, 06:15:32 PM
This token is garbage. but the price will go to $ 1 this year. I think in september-october the time has come. when this stupid app comes, even more people will buy this token. and if more advertising comes then the price goes up to $ 1.20
Activity: 194
February 14, 2018, 05:15:23 PM
Good posts and points. I’ve always believed this too. I think the best marketing they’ve ever done has been convincing the fanboys to join the cult of Electroneum come whatever and defend them to the hilt. All you have to do is hold out until November then they can cash out. But it’s quite funny watching people defending them whenever you (skeptics like you and me) ask valid questions only to have rabid idiots jump on your on Twitter and Facebook.

I see a common argument is that it’s gone up in value and that it’s in the ‘top X coins’ - well I mean it couldn’t possibly be totally speculative (like, ahem, Bitconnect and Tether)...
Activity: 293
Merit: 12
February 13, 2018, 07:24:42 AM
The concept was not a scam, but it appears that Ells and team cannot produce the results they promised in their White Paper and other statements that have been made.   They do a good job at avoiding the facts to date, and put blame on anything but their lack of technical capability and competence.

-First they blamed hackers who had stolen users passwords, and delayed the first ICO date.
-Then they blamed time to get HackerOne involved to certify their backend/security
-Then they blamed AWS for not having proper load balancing on their routers
-Then they blamed the holidays and long working hours
-Then January rolled around, and crypto market crashed, so they kind of blamed that for the current price - originally as the crypto market was crashing they blamed people complaining and accused their user base of wanting lower prices so they could buy in lower.  Their telegram base of users (moderators) were happy to spout this - blaming anyone who complained of FUD and banning many people.
-Now they are sort of silent and just ignoring the facts while time marches on.  Halfway through February now and all they do is push out some notice here and there about some useless MOU's, as if these make the product work.  Don't get me wrong - great to have relationships with companies, but they need a product for them to work.
-Funny that people claim Ells is some type of marketing genius, when they should be focusing on the lack of technical progress.  The 'built it and they will come' analogy comes to mind.  They are 'hype it and they will buy'.  But if the emperor has no clothes (tech), it will fail.

Their White Paper had claims of certain things being ready, tested, and working.  Not the case.

They have no demonstrated back end capability to handle millions/billions of transactions - they ignore this in every communication they do.

The do not have a working 'mobile miner experience yet'.  They are in demo mode with this now.  Maybe they have hundreds or even thousands of people doing this - far cry from the millions that they would have to have to make it work.

No paper checking option for wallets - just full import into their own web app or an exchange.

No way for a business yet to transact using ETN.

Many fanboyz on their telegram or other apps that will complain loudly if you point any of this out.  Their liberal basement dwelling responses are 'sell your coinz and go' or 'stop spouting FUD'.  It hurts their sensibilities that someone might point out the fact that they are useless eaters and that ETN team is lying and obfuscating.

I own a lot of ETN, had hoped it would rise.  At this point, we'll be lucky to see .30 to .50 this year, and I'm having significant doubts about it ever reaching $1 or higher in anything other than a Hail Marry pump and dump that might occur due to some hype.

So far the ETN team has let down their many investors - some don't even know it yet.

My advice - sell on the way up and get out of this coin unless they start telling the truth and come clean with their problems.   The only thing they spout now are all the MOU's they are signing - which are essentially useless unless they have a working product that these companies can use.   If I were a retail business, I'd sign a memo of understanding that I'd use a free or near-free payment product, but it doesn't mean I'll ever use it - it has to be easy, and people have to want to use it.  Even Apple Pay struggles mightily and they have a working product, great marketing, and lots of user adoption.  Yet it's still easier to just swipe a card in most places.  Presently I do not see ETN doing anything of significance, and it's been 3ish months since their first failed ICO release, many months since people invested, and likely months to go until they have anything working.    It's quite likely another coin or company is going to muscle them out of the way.  If Facebook or Paypal or Amazon or Apple or Starbucks or Wal-Mart goes and does something similar, ETN will be relegated to the trash heap.

They can't even seem to get listed on more than one small exchange.  This doesn't really affect their product/promises, but it does affect volume and price, and even notice by folks on the larger exchanges.

The only claim that ETN has is the mobile mining experience, which is barely working in demo mode now, is not on the Apple Iphone, won't work on an unlocked Apple unless it's the foreground app, meaning it's essentially a novelty item.  The Android mining demo appears to work in background, but still seems to just stop mining at times, so I don't know if that's a function or feature or bug.

Bottom line - ETN/Ells is doing a disservice by not telling the truth/state of the network and back-end.   This leads me to believe that it is destined to fail, but may take a bit of time.  His background in MLM means he's used to milking a product for all it is worth and then exiting when all the money is gone.  Seems like this is playing out day by day.  No working product, nothing to really show - lots of hype.  Looks and smells like long-running MLM scam to me.

Spot on, and yet after this here come the fanboys who claim the ICO was successful  Huh

I bought into the ICO, was disillusioned with the coin and was very happy to sell off most of my ICO coins at a good price. I did, however, hold on to a small amount simply because of one fact: the team are not allowed to sell their share of coins for a year. This means they will be actively shilling their vapourware til at least the end of 2018. Given how single-minded the fanboy base is, there is still really strong market support for ETN even though they aren't doing very much.  I do think I can sell those coins at an even more decent profit down the road. And if I'm wrong, well at least I made my ICO money back.
Pages:
Jump to: