Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Ethereum getting old? - page 2. (Read 915 times)

Activity: 672
Merit: 11
August 22, 2019, 04:50:54 PM
Vitalik Buterin said that his coin will not be able to get its highest price. Since such a large-scale popularization will no longer be. Probably because of this he finished working on his "child". Today the Ethereum dying and this is no joke. Think about it and try to get out of this platform on time.
legendary
Activity: 2450
Merit: 1047
August 21, 2019, 09:52:29 AM
The big issues have always been scalability and transaction speed according to Tron website they have a better transaction per seconds against Ethereum
TRX2,000 TPS
ETH 25 TPS
BTC 3 - 6 TPS

There's also a lot of Cryptocurrency with better transaction speed than Ethereum, it's just the fact that they are the first project that implemented token creation and smart contract.
Activity: 258
Merit: 32
August 21, 2019, 09:10:58 AM
Saying ethereum is old can be taken because of the current process of running projects which is through IEOs and not through. ICOs. The reason why etheteum was the king of the Altcoins was because of the use during ICOs but the different now is that, IEOs need no ethereum before it can proceed through project in an exchange. Also, ethereum have internal issue and when it be fix then there will be another hype which will benefit
Activity: 938
Merit: 102
August 21, 2019, 09:00:19 AM
I don't think ethereum is already old as of this moment. Even there are competitors for ethereum that has lower fees and more faster transaction. Ethereum still kicking and alive.
Activity: 97
Merit: 1
https://token-sale.fredenergy.org Supporter
August 21, 2019, 08:57:43 AM
it's true that ethereum is getting old but ethereum still survives on the market. ethereum is the biggest altcoin in the crypto market. I really believe in the potential that this ethereum has.
Activity: 1708
Merit: 651
SmartFi - EARN, LEND & TRADE
August 21, 2019, 08:48:15 AM
To some extent you are right. When the ether was just released it had a significantly greater influence on the market due to the fact that it had no competitors.
It has become a perfect platform for ICE, which has led to even greater growth in its popularity. However, now, Ethereum is not the only one of its kind, nor is it the most technologically advanced.
I am sure it will stay afloat only in the event of constant technical modernization.
Activity: 746
Merit: 10
https://axiomapay.com/
August 21, 2019, 08:38:14 AM
For me this is actually a pretty good thing because it is proven that ethereum is able to last long enough in rising or falling market conditions. in terms of fundamentals ethereum is pretty good. this is a good indicator if we really want to invest in ethereum because it has lasted long enough

yes because ethereum has a large community, in addition ethereum also has a smart platform with several ico projects so that it makes altcoin ethereum stay in this market even though it's old but there are still many who like and invest in it.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
August 21, 2019, 06:18:52 AM
For me this is actually a pretty good thing because it is proven that ethereum is able to last long enough in rising or falling market conditions. in terms of fundamentals ethereum is pretty good. this is a good indicator if we really want to invest in ethereum because it has lasted long enough
legendary
Activity: 3178
Merit: 1054
August 21, 2019, 06:13:44 AM

the older it gets though the more valuable it can be in crypto particularly ETH since its being used still even when there are platforms available. TRON i think its really a more ingenious platform but eth has more influence because it had been around and popular to users. if you take a look at the people in the forum, most if not all have eth in the wallets.
Activity: 77
Merit: 1
August 21, 2019, 06:05:29 AM
Yes, and the old coin price is 188$ for now.

I don't think about that point ( old & new ) but, if people still get ETH, trade ETH, it will be 2nd totem Coin of cryptocurrency world. Could you throw ETH back?
Activity: 630
Merit: 250
August 21, 2019, 05:47:33 AM
i dont agree of your statement OP even if the market of ETH is still down the coin itself it still have demands on the people. Many apps are using eth right now as payments and also dont forget the ICO they are using the eth network as well as the STO and ITO
Activity: 224
Merit: 3
August 21, 2019, 05:14:40 AM
Yes etherium it getting old right now but it have always a good prices on it and one of the top coins in the crypto that claim to a number two spot. Even this coins are old but there are ways this etherium always being a popular for us. And many of us are using this coins because a great potential of it.
Although ethereum has a good price and occupies an important position in the market but I do not believe in the potential of ethereum as many years ago because something as simple as the subject says, it's old, it needs to rest and wait for a candidate to appear, ethereum will no longer fulfill any of our wishes. We should understand that it remains until now, because it has created so many relationships and links, in the short term, the market will depend on ethereum, but over time this can be erased, very sad but our dear friend is outdated and older.
Activity: 854
Merit: 252
August 21, 2019, 02:39:49 AM
Ethereum had a large prominence within the crypto space since launch, due to its flexibility for developing decentralized applications and launching ICO tokens. During 2017, Ethereum gained a lot of traction where it had massive transaction activity within its Blockchain network. This was largely attributed towards the rise of ICO's popularity, as well as, Blockchain-based games like CryptoKitties. While those times where exciting, everything came to an end as soon as transaction speeds became lower and fees spiked due to high network load.

After that, the ICO craze was no more, and people stopped using Ethereum more thoroughly. With the rise of other smart contract platforms with better speeds and lower fees than Ethereum, most developers and businesses have shifted towards well-known competitors of ETH. Now, many people are waiting for the PoS consensus upgrade to take effect, but developers continue to delay the same. After so many delays, it seems to me that Ethereum is starting to get old. The hype is over, and people are not so excited about ETH as they used to be within its early days.

Nonetheless, what are your thoughts about this? Huh

Indeed true that Ethereum was already getting old, due to its been a years now that existed in cryptoworld. But its uniqueness still remain, so when it comes to its volume in the market, ethereum remain and always next into bitcoin steps. Even the market price for it was dumped recently, it doesn't mean it fall down continuously, of course not.
Activity: 812
Merit: 11
August 20, 2019, 08:30:08 PM
As long as there is no alternative to Ethereum (I'm speaking about a real competitor with lots of transactions-per-minute and easy to use blockchain), it can be counted as old. Maybe just less popular.

I think that at this time ethereum has begun to have strong competitors. EOS, BNB Coin or Cardano can be competitors for ethereum in the future. There have been many projects that have switched from ERC20 to BEP and it is possible that this will continue because the developer team wants to be traded on Binance
Activity: 1414
Merit: 260
August 20, 2019, 07:41:53 PM
Yes etherium it getting old right now but it have always a good prices on it and one of the top coins in the crypto that claim to a number two spot. Even this coins are old but there are ways this etherium always being a popular for us. And many of us are using this coins because a great potential of it.
legendary
Activity: 3220
Merit: 1363
www.Crypto.Games: Multiple coins, multiple games
August 20, 2019, 05:16:36 PM
ETH may have struggle but I'm not convince yet that it's already old and is not popular anymore.
What happen with ETH was the effect of the big pump during the popularity of ICO, and now slowly it's corrected to a lower price, however, this should not be viewed as a serious problem, unless other altcoins already recovers and ETH was still left behind, altcoins recovery has not come yet, so let us not judge too early, remain calm and continue to monitor the progress of ETH.

As much as I like Ethereum, it's starting to look obsolete compared with major alternatives like TRON and EOS. Of course, slow and steady wins the race. But, if Ethereum keeps delaying new upgrades and improvements, these alternative smart contract platforms will take a portion of ETH's market share. It's all a matter of which platform could deliver scalable solutions first for the whole mainstream world to use. Both TRON and EOS have superior features, and a highly-scalable design. They may not be as widely adopted as Ethereum is, but they could sometime in the future if people recognize their true potential.

Despite these facts, Ethereum seems to be the most secure smart contract platform today. It's that security and resiliency which has allowed Ethereum to remain as the world's second-largest cryptocurrency by market cap. But it needs to act fast, if it wants to keep up with the competition in the crypto space. In the meantime, one could invest into Ethereum for the long term, while prices are still cheap. Once it becomes a PoS cryptocurrency and prices start rising, you'll earn a lot more money than you've ever imagined.

Nonetheless, Ethereum's hype may have gone through already, but it's still one of the oldest cryptocurrencies in existence with a large user base like Bitcoin. Being tried and tested over time, makes it one of those desirable cryptocurrencies by the masses. Hopefully, ETH would recover in price until it reaches its latest ATH. Just my thoughts Grin
Activity: 2534
Merit: 586
August 20, 2019, 03:17:24 PM
I don't see reality on this post, nothing has changed ever since Ethereum's creation, it's still the go-to platform if you want to create your own token and this is the most popular coin that is being used in ICO payment, the evidence is its position in the market, still the number most popular coin in the market. 
Something has changed mate, technically, we can say that nothing has changed, but publicity wise, Ethereum is losing it because people are losing hope on them, as the real use case they have is no longer that effective. Ethereum use to dominate the altcoins market, the fact they still on the second position now does not mean they are still ruling, there are so many other coins that are beginning to compete with Ethereum and already bringing down its prestige.

I think that Ethereum really needs to be up and running and fight hard to get that prestige back as we can see that they are no longer growing in value any longer, and ever since Binance introduced the IEO, many projects are migrating to their chain, if they  wanted to take the lead, when we started having that issue with ICO I expected that they ought to have been the one to find a solution to it.
legendary
Activity: 2576
Merit: 1860
August 20, 2019, 06:07:49 AM
I don't share your view that seems to imply that Ethereum is getting useless. It is getting old, yes, of course, but it is not getting weak. It may not be as aggressive as before, after so many projects built on its blockchain have failed, but it continues to be the best alternative blockchain there is. It just so happens that a lot of alternate cryptocurrencies are getting down, actually all of them. This is not just a special case of Ethereum. You take a look at Waves, NEM, NEO, Wings, and several others. They were giants in the crypto space before but they are now slowly going down as well. The good thing with Ethereum is that it remains to be the top altcoin, second to Bitcoin.

Also, I don't think Ethereum's fate is sealed when the ICO market is dying. It does not make sense to me. It does not have a significant correlation. Ethereum might have been the most popular platform for ICO projects but these projects have their own credentials totally apart from Ethereum's.
legendary
Activity: 2436
Merit: 1207
August 20, 2019, 05:46:26 AM
As long as there is no alternative to Ethereum (I'm speaking about a real competitor with lots of transactions-per-minute and easy to use blockchain), it can be counted as old. Maybe just less popular.
TGD
Activity: 1288
Merit: 620
Wen Rolex?
August 20, 2019, 04:26:58 AM
Ethereum still have room for more success, apparently the market isn't that ready yet to give ethereum another chance to hit its peak. Investor we're focus more in BTC and still scared to give other crypto a chance, example are the ICO that are failing and didn't got a chance to be listed in exchanges even they have a promising platform.
Pages:
Jump to: