Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Gavin Andresen undercover for the CIA? - page 2. (Read 7096 times)

Activity: 184
Merit: 100
Bitcoin FTW!
Another level of conspiracy theory  Shocked
He can work with CIA, but for what reason, noone will know.
legendary
Activity: 1806
Merit: 1024
Well, nothing is impossible.

There are multiple ways the CIA or other government bodies might have influenced Gavin. Maybe through personal incentives, maybe through incentives regarding to their actions towards Bitcoin. Since Gavin is a rather conformist person, who exhibits an above average narcissistic personality trait and in general appreciates governance, it would be an easy task.

The most realistic scenario would be that government wants a (to a degree) controllable Bitcoin and therefore tries to foster the change from a decentralized Bitcoin to a Bitcoin working on a reduced number of supernodes that can be put under control or surveillance with limited resources.

That's all speculation, but after the Snowden revelations I would not be surprised at all if it's confirmed.

ya.ya.yo!
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
Option 1: Gavin suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder
Option 2: Gavin wants to attack Bitcoin for personal gain
Option 3: He works for the government

All of the above?
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
Option 1: Gavin suffers from obsessive compulsive disorder
Option 2: Gavin wants to attack Bitcoin for personal gain
Option 3: He works for the government
legendary
Activity: 4592
Merit: 1276

Just as an aside, I have a proposition of sorts that I'm developing.  It is this: The more widely ridiculed a 'conspiracy theory' is, the more it is worth analyzing as a hypothesis.  'fluoride in the water' and 'tinfoil hats' are classics.

Turns out that fluoride in the water is now pretty clearly associated with decreased cognitive function.  That from a Harvard review of research which came mostly out of China (interestingly, as one would expect it to have been studied significantly by countries which supplement their own water supplies.)  True, the concentrations needed to see statistical artifacts are above the level of treatment that we tend to uses in municipal water supplies, but by a factor which is really quite small considering the inherent difficulties of dosing by this method.

With respect to 'tinfoil hats', I doubt that I was alone as a reasonably scientifically literate person who was a bit surprised by these results:

http://news.yale.edu/2014/03/25/yale-researchers-reconstruct-facial-images-locked-viewer-s-mind

Most of us know that sensors which can detect electromagnetic activity are becoming really sensitive as technology moves forward and the computer processing power needed to make sense of brain data is becoming immense.  It is really not to far outside the realm of possibility that fairly impressive 'mind reading' by 'them' could be possible.  Nor that a tinfoil hat could impact it.  Certainly not so far out that it warrants the traditional level of derision...though no where near likely enough to wear a tinfoil hat either.

As a function of my analyzing the hypothesis about 'mind reading', I do notice that it is very much in vogue for 'them' to try to get at least a little mercury into everyone's body relatively early in the game.  Pregnant women are highly encouraged to get flu shots now and they still usually contain mercury.  It used to be that back in the day a pregnant woman was supposed to avoid all medications if possible.  One the first day of life one shot is very highly pushed.  It is for hepatitis which can be caught almost exclusively by engaging in unprotected sex or sharing dirty drug needles...neither of which are likely for a new-born infant.  Almost all shots use aluminium as an adjuvant and have contents which weaken the blood brain barrier.  Of course these observations don't prove anything or even come close.  It's just interesting and fun (to me) to see if this rather mysterious use of vaccinations maps to a hypothesis about the practicality of mind control.  Actually, I would expect 'writing' to be more practical than 'reading' when it comes to metallic elements in the brain.

---

For the record, I consider the hypothesis that sinister use of fluoride in the water, or wide-spread mind reading (or behavior modification) or vaccines used to facilitate it are less likely than not, but I do not reject these hypothesis either.  I simply have no rational basis upon which to do so.

As someone who grew up in a family of actual government operatives, I assure you this is comedy gold to them.

Gavin is a CIA agent.  Buwahahahah Cheesy

I'm voting yes. A poll. OMG hahahah.

Do they know that you spend a great deal of time on an anarchist forum chatting about the end of the fiat world? Bitcointalk in a nutshell?
Yes. Despite my constant pointing out the silliness of many conspiracy theories I am actually fairly radical. I just don't go in for theories when there are plenty of documented facts about the government's misuse of authority. For example I saw no mention here of the "American Freedom Act" that past yesterday. Even with a name straight out of a George Orwell book, it sailed through with no public outcry. Only Rand Paul held, and was abandoned by his own party.

My Dad served in the FBI and from what I have seen I believe they would only get involved if:
(A)There were a bunch of complaints about specific people or a business.
(B) The specter of terrorists or pedophiles is brought up. That get's everyone going.  Roll Eyes
(C) It was part of a larger operation. Like say a money laundering scheme.

Honestly, at the institutional level I think they know very little about bitcoin. Which is not a good thing. Misunderstanding bitcoin is what leads to stupid draconian laws and a perception of BTC as criminal in nature.

The started to get involved after Wikileaks accepted Bitcoin donations and they wanted to cut off their money supply.

Coincidence, right? I don't think so... Gavin will be paraded down the streets of Washington as a war hero after he succeeds.
Activity: 350
Merit: 250

The scary part is that if he is, there is nothing we can about it. They've won.

Not by a long shot.  Ultimately Hearndresen could be the best thing that ever happened for Bitcoin in certain somewhat non-intuitive ways.  His rather surprising actions have the potential to set off a chain reaction which offers Bitcoin it's best hope for enduring value (using the term broadly) and success.  Not on his XT fork of course.

I see what you mean Wink, you could be right, time will tell.
legendary

Not by a long shot.  Ultimately Hearndresen could be the best thing that ever happened for Bitcoin in certain somewhat non-intuitive ways.  His rather surprising actions have the potential to set off a chain reaction which offers Bitcoin it's best hope for enduring value (using the term broadly) and success.  Not on his XT fork of course.

Activity: 210
Merit: 100
Invest & Earn: https://cloudthink.io
I found your question strange. You are asking if her is a mole in CIA?  That CIA thinks he works for them, but he works fro someone else?  This is job for counter intelligence service. I have no ideas how is called in USA. In UK is MI6.

I agree if he is mole in the CIA, he should be ashamed to work against his homeland.
I wouldnt be surprised if Gavin received a letter from the NSA .. though I seriously doubt he's 'undercover' for the CIA lol
Activity: 406
Bitcoin Mixer: https://BitLaunder.com
I seriously doubt he's a CIA mole ..
Activity: 784
Merit: 1000
https://youtu.be/PZm8TTLR2NU
When Gavin went to see the CIA, do you think they turned him? Is this why Satoshi left? Maybe this has been USA's plan from the beginning, which is why they don't fear BTC. Gavin is on a secret mission to tear the community into two; thus the death of bitcoin from the core v XT debate.

Thoughts? I'm genuinely worried what this will do to bitcoin, I don't know if I should dump or not. If Gavin goes to XT, does that mean we're all bag holders of a worthless altcoin, or is XT considered an altcoin? What is real anymore?

You win USA. Bitcoin is a failure; that was a smart move from the CIA. Checkmate, Satoshi.
legendary

Gavin's comments on the LTB podcast #217 (iirc) are very telling.  He implies that people would be more worried if other governments than their own had some control over Bitcoin.  This is utterly dead wrong in my case and probably in the case of many others who had an early interest.  I personally don't give two shits about whether Russia or China spy on me.  They have very limited ability to manipulate my life and unlikely to care enough to try.  My own government, OTOH, is a completely different matter.  The main problem with Russian and China spying on me is that they may (and likely do) horse trade the data to my own government where it has the potential to do me harm.

Gavin loves big brother.  Whether he works for them because he loves them, or whether he loves them because he works for them, or (the most likely scenerio) that he is a mainstream conformist who simply loves big brother because it's his nature is unimportant.  The fact is that he does, and that fact alone should eject him from any significant role in any worthwhile effort.

AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
As someone who grew up in a family of actual government operatives, I assure you this is comedy gold to them.

Do they know that you spend a great deal of time on an anarchist forum chatting about the end of the fiat world? Bitcointalk in a nutshell?
Yes. Despite my constant pointing out the silliness of many conspiracy theories I am actually fairly radical. I just don't go in for theories when there are plenty of documented facts about the government's misuse of authority. For example I saw no mention here of the "American Freedom Act" that past yesterday. Even with a name straight out of a George Orwell book, it sailed through with no public outcry. Only Rand Paul held, and was abandoned by his own party.

My Dad served in the FBI and from what I have seen I believe they would only get involved if:
(B) The specter of terrorists or pedophiles is brought up. That get's everyone going.  Roll Eyes

Honestly, at the institutional level I think they know very little about bitcoin. Which is not a good thing. Misunderstanding bitcoin is what leads to stupid draconian laws and a perception of BTC as criminal in nature.

The started to get involved after Wikileaks accepted Bitcoin donations and they wanted to cut off their money supply.
legendary
Activity: 1204
Merit: 1028
I think the trolls who post FUD on here constantly have got more chance of being CIA operatives... or are being paid by the CIA or some other government agency to Astroturf.

Indeed. The NSA and CIA has their own signature campaign going, except the FUDsters don't have a signature and they get posted by amount of people trolled per FUD thread Cheesy
Activity: 66
I think the trolls who post FUD on here constantly have got more chance of being CIA operatives... or are being paid by the CIA or some other government agency to Astroturf.
legendary
Activity: 1274
Merit: 1000
★ BitClave ICO: 15/09/17 ★
I thought he was from NSA?
His real name is: "David Andersen"  https://www.nsa.gov/research/_files/selinux/papers/policy2/b908.shtml

ps: This's a troll post, don't care much.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!

Pages:
Jump to: