Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Gavin Andresen undercover for the CIA? - page 4. (Read 7096 times)

Activity: 212
Merit: 22
Amazix
I think it is possible. CIA had interest in Bitcoin pretty early for a reason and they could've seen the need to take control at an early stage, before someone else does it. It's not even about what they can do at that moment, but what might be possible in the future. I also think, they have pretty good arguments to convince people to keep things secret, so Gavin will not come back from the meeting and tell everyone "Hey, I am working with the CIA now and we are working on some cool exploits now", but he will continue working as usual until the CIA wants to change the parameters. Maybe they found an exploit, that will only work when the Blocksize is bigger? That could be the reason for Gavin's overreaction, when many people questioned his idea. Speculation, but makes sense to me....

edit: The CIA knew about Bitcoin about that time of the Wikileaks story in 2010. At that time they wanted to stop Wikileaks from recieving donations. They shut down their Visa and PayPal and as a reaction Wikileaks started to accept Bitcoin. Now what would the CIA do then to stop Wikileaks? Satoshi didn't like the hype, because of the bad image and he thought it was too early for Bitcoin to get media attention. When the CIA contacted Gavin, they were not only trying to understand the technical aspect of Bitcoin, but they wanted control over the whole damn thing.

+1

Overwhelmingly the users of the forum agree with this statement. We are fast approaching the death of bitcoin. It is being killed from within.

We have actually a consensus on it (since 51% around here is obviously a consensus already)!
Activity: 100
Merit: 10
I think it is possible. CIA had interest in Bitcoin pretty early for a reason and they could've seen the need to take control at an early stage, before someone else does it. It's not even about what they can do at that moment, but what might be possible in the future. I also think, they have pretty good arguments to convince people to keep things secret, so Gavin will not come back from the meeting and tell everyone "Hey, I am working with the CIA now and we are working on some cool exploits now", but he will continue working as usual until the CIA wants to change the parameters. Maybe they found an exploit, that will only work when the Blocksize is bigger? That could be the reason for Gavin's overreaction, when many people questioned his idea. Speculation, but makes sense to me....

edit: The CIA knew about Bitcoin about that time of the Wikileaks story in 2010. At that time they wanted to stop Wikileaks from recieving donations. They shut down their Visa and PayPal and as a reaction Wikileaks started to accept Bitcoin. Now what would the CIA do then to stop Wikileaks? Satoshi didn't like the hype, because of the bad image and he thought it was too early for Bitcoin to get media attention. When the CIA contacted Gavin, they were not only trying to understand the technical aspect of Bitcoin, but they wanted control over the whole damn thing.

+1

Overwhelmingly the users of the forum agree with this statement. We are fast approaching the death of bitcoin. It is being killed from within.
Activity: 254
Merit: 1258
@kingcolex
How about you just stop posting on the thread, bro? You're annoying as fuck.

Just like bitcoin thankfully you don't have the ability to freeze my account. How about you logically put forward your opinion and tell me why and how you disagree with me so we can progress?
AGD
legendary
Activity: 2070
Merit: 1164
Keeper of the Private Key
Activity: 356
Merit: 250
It all depends on what you think Bitcoin should be. Bitcoin cannot be all things to all people, IMO. Gavin wants it to something, others don't want to go that route. It is interesting situation.

Now this should just be a printed and hung up example of FUD
Fear:Maybe they found an exploit, that will only work when the Blocksize is bigger?
Uncertainty:That could be the reason for Gavin's overreaction, when many people questioned his idea.
Doubt: Speculation, but makes sense to me....

So you really think, the CIA contacted Gavin in 2011 only to get a quick lession in Bitcoin and that was it?
Don't you think they wanted to stop Wikileaks from getting donations?
Now if the only donations possible were in Bitcoin, don't you think they can come up with the idea to take control over a developing global currency or at least to be able to stop the donations?
I think the CIA definitely took interest in it but not for the reasons of controlling it but for in depth knowledge for future blackmail and tracking, they probably love the idea of bitcoin and being able to track the shit out of certain peoples funds. I definitely see the CIA wanting it to succeed for this reason but for them being able to have some work in it and backdoors, I don't think that was their game and if it was found out it could easily kill the currency. No one wants a coin with a cia backdoor.
AGD
legendary
@kingcolex

Well a discussion has always more than only one point of view. If he is shill, ok good for him. Maybe he is Gavins buddy or Gavin himself. Possible that he is a CIA shill or whatever. We are here to discuss this topic and when he is able to convince me with better arguments, it's ok with me. My point of view is, that it is quite possible, that the CIA finds Bitcoin important enough to take control over it. What is better for this goal to get the main developers into the team?
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
@kingcolex

Just like bitcoin thankfully you don't have the ability to freeze my account. How about you logically put forward your opinion and tell me why and how you disagree with me so we can progress?

It's a barren thing to discuss with you.
Activity: 882
Merit: 102
PayAccept - Worldwide payments accepted in seconds
@kingcolex

Fear:Maybe they found an exploit, that will only work when the Blocksize is bigger?
Uncertainty:That could be the reason for Gavin's overreaction, when many people questioned his idea.
legendary
Activity: 3066
Merit: 1147
The revolution will be monetized!
I love how we use a vote to determine the truth. lol It's how scientists figured out the world is flat.
AGD
legendary

So you really think, the CIA contacted Gavin in 2011 only to get a quick lession in Bitcoin and that was it?
Don't you think they wanted to stop Wikileaks from getting donations?
Now if the only donations possible were in Bitcoin, don't you think they can come up with the idea to take control over a developing global currency or at least to be able to stop the donations?
A lot of our users are very very dumb then if they think that gavin could be a mole. It is just a part of the newbie experience I guess thinking bitcoin is a spy world or some part of a conspiracy.

You need a new account MR. CIA shill. This one was burned in the fork discussion. You're a known ugly Gavin-shill. Best to stop posting with that account.
LOL Nope and you're MR.calleveryoneashill, if you think being profork is a shill you really need to start showing some proof. I obviously have no connection with Gavin or anyone I just have my own views about the future of bitcoin and don't think this is a secret nsa honeypot or a CIA planted thing.
AGD
legendary

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
I heard they shackled Gavin in a room with all kinds of pulsating lights and techno music until his ears started bleeding to turn him.  He held out longer than any top dog CIA officials thought he would. :p

Sounds like a Die Antwoord concert
Bingo...as a matter of fact the 'secret put him under phrase' is:
"I Fink your Sexy and I like you alot!!"
Activity: 616
Merit: 103
A lot of our users are very very dumb then if they think that gavin could be a mole. It is just a part of the newbie experience I guess thinking bitcoin is a spy world or some part of a conspiracy.

You need a new account MR. CIA shill. This one was burned in the fork dicussion. You're a known ugly Gavin-shill. Best to stop posting with that account.
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
I heard they shackled Gavin in a room with all kinds of pulsating lights and techno music until his ears started bleeding to turn him.  He held out longer than any top dog CIA officials thought he would. :p

Sounds like a Die Antwoord concert
legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1000
Well hello there!
legendary
Activity: 2184
Merit: 1011
Franko is Freedom
I am certainly no Gavin fanboi, but I see Gavins efforts are to keep Bitcoin Sovereign, decentralized, and a trustless system.

I see the other devs wanting Bitcoin to rely on 3rd parties they are financially involved/invested in, thus not Sovereign, decentralized, nor trustless.

Bitcoin must stay decentralized, Sovereign, and a trustless system relying on no 3rd parties.

It deff seems like everyone has an agenda.
58% believe he's a mole... interesting ...
Pages:
Jump to: