Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Global Warming Real? - page 7. (Read 2808 times)

Activity: 88
Merit: 3
November 19, 2019, 07:30:48 AM
Of course global warming is real, if you don't see it you must be blind! The global warming is an important issue but even if you don't believe in it you can't ignore that our planet is dying
legendary
Activity: 4270
Merit: 4534
November 19, 2019, 07:20:04 AM
i agree with styca
by warming the poles will make the north atlantic change. it wiil push the gulf stream more to the equator thus spain and african water would get hotter and UK wont get that gulf stream boost.. thus UK would get colder

yes the balance between hot and cold air would cause more hurricanes, tornadoes and such but would also change where they usually land. EG different american states would get them, more islands around the american mexico area would get affected
and france spain would eventually get the tail end of it instead of the UK

thus different area's would experience different weather patterns than they are used to.
africa would get extremely warmer and have more issues with drought. where as UK would get colder and have more issues with floods

so the many degrees higher africa would get which on such a wide area has more warmer sway than the thinner belt of colder results of the north, which when balancing out the 'average' change around the planet would be seen as an average increase

my issues isnt about that climate is occuring
my issue is that calling it 'global warming' is too simplified and explains nothing
my issue is that it aint carbon causing it but the change in water vapour dynamic
my other issue is that land developers are deforesting rain forests and also making 'beach front' properties and buying up cheap flood plain land and converting it to housing and thus eventually causing lots of issues
there have been soo many homes made on flood plains then people stupidly get surprised their house is ankle deep in water after the winter thaw

my final issue is not just blaming carbon. but then when doing all the 'carbon tax' and environmental investment. instead of using the funds or making laws that for every tree chopped another should be planted. the funds are instead being given to large companies who just use it unwisely like to cover insurance premiums to make it cheap to build on flood plains and build beach front wave defense walls to make it allowable to construct beach front property on land that should not be suitable to build on

Activity: 1078
Merit: 354
November 18, 2019, 02:46:32 AM
We've already covered that global warming doesn't mean all of the globe all of the time. It means warmer on average, but also leads to more volaitle weather in general. I'll not cover the warm air 'holding' more water again, but global warming = disruption. More droughts and heatwaves, yes, but also stronger hurricanes, worse rainfall and flooding and also, in some places, colder winters.
I live in western europe, which is kept artificially warm by the gulf stream. We are at the same latitude as Canada and Siberia, but we don't have their winters. If the gulf stream shuts down - as it may with global warming - then our winters get a hell of a lot colder. Because of global warming.

No, I mean literally that you are spewing nonsense. Sure it's just what you were told, does not matter. Look at it...

....global warming doesn't mean ...warmer
 ... on average,... more volaitle weather
...global warming = disruption.
... More droughts and heatwaves,
... stronger hurricanes,
... worse rainfall and flooding
... colder winters.

If something means everything, then it means nothing.

It doesn't mean everything everywhere at the same time. It is possible for one place to have a drought and another place to have a hurricane at the same time.
You know when you move from one place to another place? The place that you've moved from actually still exists. If it's far enough away, it can even have different weather.
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1386
November 17, 2019, 06:33:25 PM
Yes, it is real. Now we are experiencing a hotter weather than before. It is because the layer which hold on the direct sunrays is gradually decreasing, thus the sunlight is directly penetrating the earth. It is caused by the greenhouse effect and sometimes it is caused by humans who burn plastic and rubber which affect the ozone layer. Here in the philippines, we happen to experience "El Niño" or sudden drought due to too much heat from the sun. I think we must be alarmed for it may lead to extinction making all forms of life in this earth end. Please save our mother earth.  Wink

El Nino and La Nina are perfectly natural climate variations.
Activity: 37
Merit: 0
November 17, 2019, 05:57:00 PM
Yes, it is real. Now we are experiencing a hotter weather than before. It is because the layer which hold on the direct sunrays is gradually decreasing, thus the sunlight is directly penetrating the earth. It is caused by the greenhouse effect and sometimes it is caused by humans who burn plastic and rubber which affect the ozone layer. Here in the philippines, we happen to experience "El Niño" or sudden drought due to too much heat from the sun. I think we must be alarmed for it may lead to extinction making all forms of life in this earth end. Please save our mother earth.  Wink
legendary
November 17, 2019, 05:46:10 PM
Yes I believe global warming is real, it's clear Theres  a lot of sign expample on the is earthquakes and other worse calamities they experience this recent days.
And according from the expert and science test the cause of this global warming because of pollution came from the manufacturing and from the waste of the people around the world.

Earthquakes? Now earthquakes are caused by GW?

You guys are really brainwashed.
legendary
November 17, 2019, 05:43:46 PM
We've already covered that global warming doesn't mean all of the globe all of the time. It means warmer on average, but also leads to more volaitle weather in general. I'll not cover the warm air 'holding' more water again, but global warming = disruption. More droughts and heatwaves, yes, but also stronger hurricanes, worse rainfall and flooding and also, in some places, colder winters.
I live in western europe, which is kept artificially warm by the gulf stream. We are at the same latitude as Canada and Siberia, but we don't have their winters. If the gulf stream shuts down - as it may with global warming - then our winters get a hell of a lot colder. Because of global warming.

No, I mean literally that you are spewing nonsense. Sure it's just what you were told, does not matter. Look at it...

....global warming doesn't mean ...warmer
 ... on average,... more volaitle weather
...global warming = disruption.
... More droughts and heatwaves,
... stronger hurricanes,
... worse rainfall and flooding
... colder winters.

If something means everything, then it means nothing.
November 17, 2019, 03:35:14 PM
Totally baseless fear mongering.
Baseless aside from the mountains and mountains of evidence, and near unanimity from the scientific community.

Aside from being ridiculous, your arguments are dated. Today, acolytes and the faithful use the words "Climate Change." "Global Warming" is no longer the phrase that interests people. Have you not been told?
I was trying to disabuse people of the notion that 'global warming' means everywhere warmer all the time. Whether we say 'global warming' or 'climate change' doesn't matter, both are true.
Acolytes and faithful are not really appropriate descriptions of people who believe the evidence of climate change (or global warming) - these are religious terms, so more suited to those who can't see the scientific truth that is staring them in the face.
legendary
November 17, 2019, 09:08:40 AM

Totally baseless fear mongering. Aside from being ridiculous, your arguments are dated. Today, acolytes and the faithful use the words "Climate Change." "Global Warming" is no longer the phrase that interests people. Have you not been told?
November 17, 2019, 07:14:10 AM
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
November 16, 2019, 01:15:17 PM
It really happened. Are you unable to feel the difference in temperature all this time? maybe the area you live doesn't really feel, but in my country it's really a thing that keeps happening with temperatures that get hotter over time. Even the rainy season is very rare in some places, causing drought.

Canada, and the Northern United States, particularly the Midwest and the Northern East are having extremely cold temps for this time of year. Have you checked Siberia to see if it is the same?

Cool
Just search if the ice of Southern or northern Pole does complete its high temperature compares to the history of 19th century and you can see the difference between them.

What!? Do you actually have a time machine so you can go back to the 19th century and check the temperatures at the poles?

Cheesy
Activity: 2086
Merit: 501
★Bitvest.io★ Play Plinko or Invest!
November 16, 2019, 12:21:25 PM
It really happened. Are you unable to feel the difference in temperature all this time? maybe the area you live doesn't really feel, but in my country it's really a thing that keeps happening with temperatures that get hotter over time. Even the rainy season is very rare in some places, causing drought.

Canada, and the Northern United States, particularly the Midwest and the Northern East are having extremely cold temps for this time of year. Have you checked Siberia to see if it is the same?

Cool
Just search if the ice of Southern or northern Pole does complete its high temperature compares to the history of 19th century and you can see the difference between them.
legendary
November 15, 2019, 07:54:16 PM
No! No! I don't care if it's fake news. Just tell it to me!

Those 11,000 “scientists” warning about an impending “climate emergency” are just “11,000 random people,” investigation reveals

Scientific “consensus” is a popular buzzword commonly used by climate fanatics to “prove” that man-made climate change is a real thing. But is there really even a consensus as these hysterics claim? Not even close.

As it turns out, the climate lobby loves to pull its “facts” right out of thin air, including the newly minted fiction that “More than 11,000 scientists declare ‘climate emergency.'” While this regurgitated mainstream media headline is pretty cut and dry, the claim it makes is patently false, we’ve now learned.

Just like the Greta Thunberg hoax, the notion that more than 11,000 actual scientists are suddenly lamenting an impending “climate emergency” has absolutely no basis in reality.

In truth, these 11,000 “scientists” are actually just 11,000 ordinary people who were duped into believing that cow farts are destroying the planet, and subsequently responded by signing their names on some website.

Cool
Activity: 952
Merit: 104
November 15, 2019, 07:11:23 PM
Yes I believe global warming is real, it's clear Theres  a lot of sign expample on the is earthquakes and other worse calamities they experience this recent days.
And according from the expert and science test the cause of this global warming because of pollution came from the manufacturing and from the waste of the people around the world.
legendary
November 15, 2019, 05:47:01 PM

Cool
Activity: 1120
Merit: 251
November 15, 2019, 06:56:10 AM
Activity: 65
November 15, 2019, 04:42:06 AM

Well, if you don't like Indonesian heat, move to Canada, where it is so cold right now that hell is freezing.

Cool

Hahah, is it getting colder there too?

Naw. It's just right here. Poor baby. I feel sorry for you.

Cool

no need to, i'm good, you're good..

for now :p

legendary
November 15, 2019, 04:28:31 AM

Well, if you don't like Indonesian heat, move to Canada, where it is so cold right now that hell is freezing.

Cool

Naw. It's just right here. Poor baby. I feel sorry for you.

Cool
Activity: 65
November 15, 2019, 04:12:25 AM

Cool
[/quote]

legendary
November 15, 2019, 04:01:09 AM
Some people believe that global warming is just the conspiracy to control the development of industrial country. Sometime, I think so. What about you?  

Well,  global warming is indeed real. Like, man open your eyes it's everywhere. Could you elaborate with the words "conspiracy.."? Though we have reasons to be skeptics, the argument must be clear.. for me, i stand between agree and disagree.. but it's not the matter, the effects are real. ...

Care to explain what it is you see that is so "real?"

I live in Indonesia, where the forrests are burning everywhere and the temperature now is not as good as the old days. It's getting warmer and warmer. However we humans did not get impacted too much for now, the animals are dying and for long term it's not going to be good for our ecosystem, for us. https://www.wwf.org.uk/learn/effects-of/climate-change there you go, link you to what i said is so "real".

Here is another evidence from nasa's sights https://climate.nasa.gov/evidence/

Now care to explain what it is you see is not so "real"? Cheesy

Cool
Pages:
Jump to: