Pages:
Author

Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin? - page 12. (Read 42139 times)

legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
October 14, 2016, 03:11:46 PM
ROFL this topic is actually fucking hilarious.
Bitcoin is an idea, but like Fiat currency, it is not really a tangible thing. Its an agreed upon payment method.
Although Bitcoin has a limited number that can be created, its fucking make believe internet money.
Once we are through with BTC we can just invent another coin.

Silver and gold are tangible elements that there is a limited supply of in the earth.
Once they are mined, that's the total supply. We can't just invent a new element and start using that instead.

I love Bitcoin and its a great idea, its a great thing. But comparing it to precious metals is not apples to oranges.
Its apples to make believe internet memes.

I totally agree,  over the past 4 years all profits I have made through bitcoin have been put into gold.

My first gold stack was sold just after Brexit and I made enough to pay off my mortagage and have a wad of cash left over for fun.

I have now started gold stack V2, up to £15,500 worth of gold sovereigns and counting Smiley

you are wrong.
please get better sources.
silver is rarer. gold price is boosted because money is backed by gold. gold should cost a lot, thats how this system works

You are wrong.

What money is backed by gold?

Fiat is backed by nothing, the gold standard finished a long time ago
Activity: 126
Merit: 100
You have to get lost before you can find yourself.
October 14, 2016, 03:10:25 PM
Silver is 9 times rarer than Gold.
Bitcoins is MANY times rarer than Silver.
It's your choice.
no transport or storing fees and so on.
that's one way answer - bitcoin

Silver is not rarer than gold, it is usually mined at a 17:1 ratio, silver is also often mined as a byproduct of other metals so cheaper to mine than gold.

How can bitcoin be many times rarer than silver? one is tangible the other is a digital number that is infinitely divisible.

you are wrong.
please get better sources.
silver is rarer. gold price is boosted because money is backed by gold. gold should cost a lot, thats how this system works
Activity: 434
Merit: 250
October 14, 2016, 03:09:27 PM
ROFL this topic is actually fucking hilarious.
Bitcoin is an idea, but like Fiat currency, it is not really a tangible thing. Its an agreed upon payment method.
Although Bitcoin has a limited number that can be created, its fucking make believe internet money.
Once we are through with BTC we can just invent another coin.

Silver and gold are tangible elements that there is a limited supply of in the earth.
Once they are mined, that's the total supply. We can't just invent a new element and start using that instead.

I love Bitcoin and its a great idea, its a great thing. But comparing it to precious metals is not apples to oranges.
Its apples to make believe internet memes.
October 14, 2016, 03:08:57 PM
It's your choice.

Rarity doesn't mean anything. You know why gold is expensive, right?

The bitcoin price will depende of supply and demand.
Rarity doesn't mean anything?
well. it means A LOT

Gold is expensive because of this usage, it's a good conductor, the best one.

There are a lot of other things more rare than gold....
Activity: 1092
Merit: 520
October 14, 2016, 03:06:30 PM
Owning gold is only a good idea if you have great security and actually own the gold yourself.  in this digital age bitcoin in my opinion is digital gold and is seen as a store of wealth just like gold. 
legendary
Activity: 2254
Merit: 1043
October 14, 2016, 03:04:30 PM
It's your choice.

Silver is not rarer than gold, it is usually mined at a 17:1 ratio, silver is also often mined as a byproduct of other metals so cheaper to mine than gold.

How can bitcoin be many times rarer than silver? one is tangible the other is a digital number that is infinitely divisible.

October 14, 2016, 03:01:28 PM
It's your choice.

Rarity doesn't mean anything?
well. it means A LOT
October 14, 2016, 03:00:45 PM
It's your choice.

October 14, 2016, 02:47:27 PM
It's your choice.
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
October 14, 2016, 02:47:12 PM
There is alot of difference between gold and bitcoin as gold is a physical asset while bitcoins is a virtual currency,choises may be different from users to users.But in todays world where almost every people in world knows about gold then if you are owning gold then you have a reputation where as in bitcoin,not many know about it.
yes you are right as you know that gold is more stable than bitcoin and most of the people investing their money in gold as compare to bitcoin but the reason is very simple, to me the reason is that most of the people have no idea about bitcoin, they do not know about the importance of bitcoin and once if they know about it they will really put their own investment in bitcoin then. .
Yeah they are just did not know about bitcoin thats why they are not investing in bitcoin if they know it they will try it in the first time until they are discover that they are making good profit in bitcoin than gold and they will convert or i think even just partial and they are still stay in gold since its for long term investment.. and bitcoin is for long term to but there is fast movement about this bitcoin..
Activity: 84
Merit: 10
October 14, 2016, 02:44:52 PM
There is alot of difference between gold and bitcoin as gold is a physical asset while bitcoins is a virtual currency,choises may be different from users to users.But in todays world where almost every people in world knows about gold then if you are owning gold then you have a reputation where as in bitcoin,not many know about it.
yes you are right as you know that gold is more stable than bitcoin and most of the people investing their money in gold as compare to bitcoin but the reason is very simple, to me the reason is that most of the people have no idea about bitcoin, they do not know about the importance of bitcoin and once if they know about it they will really put their own investment in bitcoin then. .
Activity: 322
October 14, 2016, 11:20:28 AM
gold is always better than anything they do not have any rights protection or any ownership if you have a piece of gold then you will be their owner some gold can be tracked but most of it is not so they offer a less secure but strong value and yes bitcoin is new and have all the solid features which is equally valuable or more stronger than gold but still gold is the best
Activity: 2170
Merit: 530
October 14, 2016, 11:12:09 AM
I think gold is better than bitcoin , as you can see USA is now a weak country because they lose gold and there allies are now complaining because it's of luck of gold nowadays some russia are now holding golds for future ithink tons of golds so it will make there country more richer than USA.
legendary
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
October 14, 2016, 11:05:36 AM
The gold is a good invest but it always take a long time before you will make nice profits with it and with the bitcoin its going a lot faster.
Due to that I think bitcoin is better for my in the first place, some of you guys have another opinion of course.

gold is being used as a tool for storing value. in that aspect people don't really look for regular fluctuations. they prefer gold to remain a relatively stable value. it gives them good confidence and a calm mind. if you're looking for short term profits, then of course bitcoin is by far the better option due to its volatile nature. this is of course assuming people know how to use the volatility in their advantage.
Activity: 294
October 14, 2016, 10:58:33 AM
Well, I think  Gold is Not better than bitcoin.With bitcoin you can get many facilities which gold can't give.Again, Gold is a long term investment but with bitcoin trading You can.make very good profit in short time.
Activity: 350
October 14, 2016, 10:46:18 AM
The gold is a good invest but it always take a long time before you will make nice profits with it and with the bitcoin its going a lot faster.
Due to that I think bitcoin is better for my in the first place, some of you guys have another opinion of course.
October 14, 2016, 10:34:21 AM
Gold has had its reputation for centuries. Simply, there is nothing that can compare in that respect, and it is really hard that it ends up being worth nothing after centuries of being a valuable metal.

Gold will always have value but it will never make you rich. Now Bitcoin has more risks but it has a ton more possibilities of making you rich with a affordable 5 figure investment. Like investing 10,000$ right now in Bitcoin can make you a millionaire in 10 to 20 years, with gold not so much.

Yeah. Bitcoin has a lot of potentials in the future. Even now bitcoin looks promising. You can do many things in regards to bitcoin and it has of way in earning. When you are good at trading then bitcoin can do a lot for you. 
legendary
Activity: 1610
Merit: 1183
October 14, 2016, 10:29:02 AM
Gold has had its reputation for centuries. Simply, there is nothing that can compare in that respect, and it is really hard that it ends up being worth nothing after centuries of being a valuable metal.

Gold will always have value but it will never make you rich. Now Bitcoin has more risks but it has a ton more possibilities of making you rich with a affordable 5 figure investment. Like investing 10,000$ right now in Bitcoin can make you a millionaire in 10 to 20 years, with gold not so much.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
October 14, 2016, 10:19:54 AM
I think it would depend on the people around you. If most people around you likes Gold and you can easily sell them at a much higher price, then gold is definitely a better investment than Bitcoin. Otherwise, I think Bitcoin is better because it increases after a couple of months or after a year or two. In Gold, you have to be skilled when selling an item because that is a jewelry and you can make money out of that only if you know how to sell them.
Activity: 406
October 14, 2016, 10:01:14 AM
Pages:
Jump to: