Pages:
Author

Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin? - page 15. (Read 42139 times)

Activity: 13
Merit: 0
October 12, 2016, 11:21:16 AM
yes, Bitcoin is way easier to transport  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 3906
Merit: 1373
October 12, 2016, 10:56:39 AM
Bitcoin is what AIs will use to control the world. Gold is what people will use to take the world away from the AIs.

Cool
Activity: 338
Merit: 250
October 12, 2016, 09:51:07 AM
Gold has been traded for centuries and has withstood the test of time. Gold has also an aesthetic value for the rich people who love to flaunt around their new super expensive gold jewellery Cheesy Now I think both Bitcoin and gold can be used as a store of value with the only difference being that Bitcoin wealth can be moved inconspicuously while physical gold despite looking good in person has a lot of weight to it and you would need a safe to protect that treasure from prying eyes. All in all both have their advantages and disadvantages and their utility depends on the situation at hand.
You can better use bitcoins becuase i kjnow for sure that the bitcoin will rise again some times and that is just becuase i know that the future will be good for the bitcoin for sure trust me.
Activity: 798
Merit: 506
October 12, 2016, 09:45:06 AM
I am a bitcoin lover of course but , i just can't compare bitcoin to a gold why? simply because gold was made in nature and i can really say that this is one of the most beautiful things created by the creator.
Mee too im bitcoin lover lol nope gold is just created by science and it always a incedent that no one knows how gold are created i think if you are going to choose bitcoin or gold you will difinitely choose gold because it is made in nature but you can't made profit there unless you choose bitcoin.
I prefer bitcoin than gold for short and long term, it gives us an opportunity to have some earnings
But for safety, I will choose gold, for the beginning of time people around the world always looking for gold and now it has massive adopt so it provide more safety investment than any else I thought.
Activity: 672
Merit: 503
October 12, 2016, 09:30:04 AM
No I do not think that the gold is better because it mostly takes a long time to make profit with it and with the bitcoin you can make huge profits in a pretty small time plus you can also pay with it too.

No doubt gold will take time to give you profits but the profits are guaranteed in long run and you can also have relief that gold will never disappear and will always survive in future.
Activity: 1456
Merit: 579
HODLing is an art, not just a word...
October 12, 2016, 09:29:48 AM
No I do not think that the gold is better because it mostly takes a long time to make profit with it and with the bitcoin you can make huge profits in a pretty small time plus you can also pay with it too.

the huge profit days in a short time are over. now you can still have that huge profit but not in a short time but instead in a very much longer time. so in some cases people are even comparing bitcoin to gold in stability.
but i agree that bitcoin is better since you can pay for stuff with bitcoin.
Activity: 364
Merit: 250
October 12, 2016, 09:27:24 AM
Activity: 826
Merit: 1000
October 12, 2016, 09:26:47 AM
Both have their own advantages. In terms of transaction we can send bitcoin in just a matter of few minutes but it is not possible in gold. Good can be stolen but bitcoin is not stealable. We can trade with bitcoin but it is possible only for bulk amount.
Yes, agree, but Bitcoin could have been stolen, if you put in the exchanger and then exchanger got hacked that was makes your Bitcoin also got stolen.
both can be stolen but in different ways. i can steal your bitcoins without leaving my home and i can steal your gold by breaking into your home. if you have your key encrypted properly i might have no chance to get it, but having gold at a safe place also reduces the possible amount of thieves.
You're right, for this I think bitcoin is more difficult to get stolen, but the security of both, depending on the user. Because if we keep them well, we will be safe from stolen.
Activity: 1372
Merit: 503
October 12, 2016, 09:10:00 AM
Gold is created by nature and it is the best if we are going to choose it as a display or bling bling on our body and we can sell it one and we can't do trading there and earn some profits but in bitcoin we can invest it and we can earn bitcoins too where we can trade it into another altcoins and then earn bitcoin again.
Activity: 1680
Merit: 655
October 12, 2016, 09:06:36 AM
I don't think so, maybe they are in different categories. Like you can use Gold as Jewelry while Bitcoin can not be used as one. Bitcoin can be used as a currency to transact to anyone while gold is for trading. Also in the market for Gold it can be dangerous as many people will really want to have your gold no matter what the cost are, unlike bitcoin you can access all of it with just your phone.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
October 12, 2016, 09:03:53 AM
Both have their own advantages. In terms of transaction we can send bitcoin in just a matter of few minutes but it is not possible in gold. Good can be stolen but bitcoin is not stealable. We can trade with bitcoin but it is possible only for bulk amount.
Yes, agree, but Bitcoin could have been stolen, if you put in the exchanger and then exchanger got hacked that was makes your Bitcoin also got stolen.
both can be stolen but in different ways. i can steal your bitcoins without leaving my home and i can steal your gold by breaking into your home. if you have your key encrypted properly i might have no chance to get it, but having gold at a safe place also reduces the possible amount of thieves.
Activity: 826
October 12, 2016, 08:58:56 AM
Activity: 952
October 12, 2016, 08:56:52 AM
Gold is older and more trusted than bitcoins
Yeah we all know that gold is a great investment thing, but imo bitcoin is better than gold, because bitcoin can be used as a currency beside as an investment thing. Also with blockchain technology, we can send our bitcoin to people from other country easily. But since not every people know bitcoin, gold still become favorite investment until now.

People who are not aware about the bitcoins and the traditional thinkers will always choose to invest in gold as gold exist since long time and that is the reason they have more faith in it.
Thats because bitcoin is a technology that using internet, so it sounds bit complicated for some people who doesnt know well about internet, even there are still people who doesnt have any idea about internet. Based on that, these people will choose gold since it's a physical thing and simple.

Not to mention that Bitcoin relies on the internet to even exist and guess who controls the internet and ISPs? the government of course. They can order your ISP to cut off your service any time, hell they could even cut off the internet to the entire country if they wanted to, then what? Gold is physical, you can always bury it in the desert or something  Cheesy
Lol yeah, but bitcoin has higher potential as an investment than gold now, and people include me believe its value will be much more than gold in next few years. Well there are some governments who has limited their people to access internet, but seems they still can access it by some methods.

Internet has become an basic necessity of each and every individual and its not easily accessible to them then they are will to pay even higher cost for it as you cannot expect anything without internet.
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
October 12, 2016, 08:42:48 AM
Gold is older and more trusted than bitcoins
Yeah we all know that gold is a great investment thing, but imo bitcoin is better than gold, because bitcoin can be used as a currency beside as an investment thing. Also with blockchain technology, we can send our bitcoin to people from other country easily. But since not every people know bitcoin, gold still become favorite investment until now.

People who are not aware about the bitcoins and the traditional thinkers will always choose to invest in gold as gold exist since long time and that is the reason they have more faith in it.
Thats because bitcoin is a technology that using internet, so it sounds bit complicated for some people who doesnt know well about internet, even there are still people who doesnt have any idea about internet. Based on that, these people will choose gold since it's a physical thing and simple.

Not to mention that Bitcoin relies on the internet to even exist and guess who controls the internet and ISPs? the government of course. They can order your ISP to cut off your service any time, hell they could even cut off the internet to the entire country if they wanted to, then what? Gold is physical, you can always bury it in the desert or something  Cheesy
Lol yeah, but bitcoin has higher potential as an investment than gold now, and people include me believe its value will be much more than gold in next few years. Well there are some governments who has limited their people to access internet, but seems they still can access it by some methods.
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
October 12, 2016, 08:10:52 AM
October 12, 2016, 08:05:06 AM
i wonder if gold/silver is used if a natural disaster occurs. do people in syria now or people in christchurch (after the earthquake) use gold/silver or still use fiat? how about greece during the financial crisis? there was a shortage of fiat. you never hear about those things.
Greece never really went through a crisis - it was the media that hyped it into that. The shortage of fiat in greece was only for 14 days. People did not die of hunger in that time, so it wasn't really a problem.
the shortage of fiat was maybe for only 14 days, but during this shortage you did not now that. and if i and many other people would be unable to get our money and did not know for how long, i would start looking for alternatives rather earlier then later.
Activity: 840
October 12, 2016, 08:03:23 AM
I am a bitcoin lover of course but , i just can't compare bitcoin to a gold why? simply because gold was made in nature and i can really say that this is one of the most beautiful things created by the creator.
Mee too im bitcoin lover lol nope gold is just created by science and it always a incedent that no one knows how gold are created i think if you are going to choose bitcoin or gold you will difinitely choose gold because it is made in nature but you can't made profit there unless you choose bitcoin.

You can also make profits with gold if you hold them for a long term and most of the users are doing it since long time but the fact is bitcoin can give us higher profits then gold.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
October 12, 2016, 07:59:12 AM
i wonder if gold/silver is used if a natural disaster occurs. do people in syria now or people in christchurch (after the earthquake) use gold/silver or still use fiat? how about greece during the financial crisis? there was a shortage of fiat. you never hear about those things.
Greece never really went through a crisis - it was the media that hyped it into that. The shortage of fiat in greece was only for 14 days. People did not die of hunger in that time, so it wasn't really a problem.

why you think gold not worth anything when disaster came? example in conflict zone atm precious metals(not only gold) still used as medium of exchange. When internet goes down in the entire world (gold already pass through that era) yes it will be bigger problem, but who will stand as medium of exchange when that moment come? is it paper money, gold or bitcoin?

Gold could be used during the medieval ages as a form of payment - today it can't - in the future it can't. It's so easy to make fake looking Gold, that it would be impossible for the public to determine if it was real or not.

If the entire world went into massive crisis, with no internet, no fuel, shortage of food etc, I bet you that food/medicine will be the primary currency. I will trade you 2tons of gold for 1kg of food because my family is starving.
Activity: 1008
Merit: 540
October 12, 2016, 07:55:40 AM
October 12, 2016, 07:48:40 AM
http://www.google.com/patents/US679215
EXTRACT GOLD FROM SEA WATER

Only Economically viable at around $2100 per ounce to go threw the trouble.

blog.modernmechanix.com/gold-from-the-sea/
Aug 31, 2008 - 'The process for taking gold from sea water is no more difficult a problem today than was the task of ex- tracting bromine ten years ago.

I will Sooner invest in BTC than Gold by a long shot

Lead and Silver has a much larger potential for a Percentage based Increase btw, just thought i would throw that in there.
so if i understand you correctly you are saying that gold will lose in value since its supply will grow. i share that concern but gold will surely not lose all its value (that could happen to bitcoin) and it will take a while for people to realize this, so i would say gold is still very safe.
Pages:
Jump to: