Pages:
Author

Topic: Is gold better than Bitcoin? - page 17. (Read 42139 times)

Activity: 298
Merit: 250
October 12, 2016, 03:30:48 AM
Gold has been traded for centuries and has withstood the test of time. Gold has also an aesthetic value for the rich people who love to flaunt around their new super expensive gold jewellery Cheesy Now I think both Bitcoin and gold can be used as a store of value with the only difference being that Bitcoin wealth can be moved inconspicuously while physical gold despite looking good in person has a lot of weight to it and you would need a safe to protect that treasure from prying eyes. All in all both have their advantages and disadvantages and their utility depends on the situation at hand.
You can never say that gold is better than bitcoins becuase they are both good and allot of peopel want to use them both so you cant say
the one is better than the other one you know.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
October 12, 2016, 03:27:07 AM
If the internet goes down in the entire world, you will have much bigger problems than trying to use your bitcoins. Your gold will not be worth anything either. Food/medicine/essential goods will be what drives the demand by then. Some call it the apocalypse - other the end of the world.

But intill that day, bitcoin will thrive.
why you think gold not worth anything when disaster came? example in conflict zone atm precious metals(not only gold) still used as medium of exchange. When internet goes down in the entire world (gold already pass through that era) yes it will be bigger problem, but who will stand as medium of exchange when that moment come? is it paper money, gold or bitcoin?
Activity: 462
October 12, 2016, 03:18:32 AM
Gold is not better than Bitcoin but gold just works differenly, gold has been here for very long so it has a very big foundation.
Gold is super stable so good for keeping money save and bitcoin gives chance to make money with a little risk.
Activity: 280
Merit: 253
October 12, 2016, 03:08:44 AM
if there is natural disaster [i.e tsunami, earth quake etc] on your area and internet goes down what do u pick?
gold already proven by the time and can stand with variety of conditions (not easy to destroyed), but bitcoin depends on internet, if internet down(because of natural disaster or any cause)...then poof you can't use your bitcoin even you have private key

If the internet goes down in the entire world, you will have much bigger problems than trying to use your bitcoins. Your gold will not be worth anything either. Food/medicine/essential goods will be what drives the demand by then. Some call it the apocalypse - other the end of the world.

i wonder if gold/silver is used if a natural disaster occurs. do people in syria now or people in christchurch (after the earthquake) use gold/silver or still use fiat? how about greece during the financial crisis? there was a shortage of fiat. you never hear about those things.
legendary
Activity: 3374
Merit: 2198
I stand with Ukraine.
October 12, 2016, 03:03:30 AM
if there is natural disaster [i.e tsunami, earth quake etc] on your area and internet goes down what do u pick?
gold already proven by the time and can stand with variety of conditions (not easy to destroyed), but bitcoin depends on internet, if internet down(because of natural disaster or any cause)...then poof you can't use your bitcoin even you have private key

I agree. In case we have such a disaster that the Internet goes down and we can't use Bitcoin gold wouldn't be much of a help either, so let's just hope this won't happen and think more realistically. For the older generation, for those who is over 60 now, Bitcoin will never replace gold, but for the younger ones it will.
Activity: 364
October 12, 2016, 02:59:41 AM
A lot of people seem to think gold is the answer to all our problems. Every time the economy takes a turn for the worst, people turn to gold. {They invest in gold to hedge against these problems} If you

do not buy physical gold items/ornaments/jewelry/gold bars ... you still have ZERO protection against anything. It is just a piece of paper and a ledger entry on a private database. People seem to think

that there are tons of gold stored in secret vaults under government buildings. Is this true? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcRk7UClO4 { There are no proof of this and audits in the USA are about

60 years old. } You have the only entry to your investment, when you invest in Bitcoin. { The private key } The proof that it exist, is on a public blockchain....  Wink
the only thing make gold better than bitcoin is phisycal and gold can shaped in any jewelry,its easy and happy to have investement and also can wear that investement,so we can get two benefit,invest and jewelry.
Gold is not just better i know when you invest into the bitcoin you will make allot of money and when you invest into the gold you will always hold the same value because gold will stay the same.
Activity: 616
Merit: 252
October 12, 2016, 02:54:37 AM

Activity: 616
Merit: 252
October 12, 2016, 02:28:45 AM

Agree gold is better than bitcoin because of its price and it is really recognize by all people and also unlike bitcoin it is really unstable price so it is very risky so if you do have a money to invest go for gold i know you can earn a pretty decent amount of profit by it.

Gold is not better than bitcoin. Gold is so much more difficult to trade. Imagine buying goods over the internet and pay with gold? How would that happen? Would you send the person a gold nugget in the mail? Or beam it over like a star trek movie?

Bitcoins is the future payment system. trust me.
Activity: 55
Merit: 0
October 12, 2016, 02:26:15 AM
A lot of people seem to think gold is the answer to all our problems. Every time the economy takes a turn for the worst, people turn to gold. {They invest in gold to hedge against these problems} If you

do not buy physical gold items/ornaments/jewelry/gold bars ... you still have ZERO protection against anything. It is just a piece of paper and a ledger entry on a private database. People seem to think

that there are tons of gold stored in secret vaults under government buildings. Is this true? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZcRk7UClO4 { There are no proof of this and audits in the USA are about

60 years old. } You have the only entry to your investment, when you invest in Bitcoin. { The private key } The proof that it exist, is on a public blockchain....  Wink

Activity: 3094
Merit: 929
October 12, 2016, 01:57:19 AM

Yes,unfortunately gold is better than bitcoin and gold will always be better.

People use it as a currency for 5000 years.Bitcoin is used as a currency for about 5-6 years.

If the entire internet goes down,what happens with bitcoin?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
October 12, 2016, 01:49:35 AM
Gold is older and more trusted than bitcoins
Yeah we all know that gold is a great investment thing, but imo bitcoin is better than gold, because bitcoin can be used as a currency beside as an investment thing. Also with blockchain technology, we can send our bitcoin to people from other country easily. But since not every people know bitcoin, gold still become favorite investment until now.

People who are not aware about the bitcoins and the traditional thinkers will always choose to invest in gold as gold exist since long time and that is the reason they have more faith in it.
Thats because bitcoin is a technology that using internet, so it sounds bit complicated for some people who doesnt know well about internet, even there are still people who doesnt have any idea about internet. Based on that, these people will choose gold since it's a physical thing and simple.

Not to mention that Bitcoin relies on the internet to even exist and guess who controls the internet and ISPs? the government of course. They can order your ISP to cut off your service any time, hell they could even cut off the internet to the entire country if they wanted to, then what? Gold is physical, you can always bury it in the desert or something  Cheesy
legendary
Activity: 2982
Merit: 1506
Pie Baking Contest: https://tinyurl.com/2s3z6dee
October 12, 2016, 01:34:04 AM
Gold is older and more trusted than bitcoins
Yeah we all know that gold is a great investment thing, but imo bitcoin is better than gold, because bitcoin can be used as a currency beside as an investment thing. Also with blockchain technology, we can send our bitcoin to people from other country easily. But since not every people know bitcoin, gold still become favorite investment until now.

People who are not aware about the bitcoins and the traditional thinkers will always choose to invest in gold as gold exist since long time and that is the reason they have more faith in it.
Thats because bitcoin is a technology that using internet, so it sounds bit complicated for some people who doesnt know well about internet, even there are still people who doesnt have any idea about internet. Based on that, these people will choose gold since it's a physical thing and simple.
Activity: 476
October 12, 2016, 01:28:34 AM
Both is good to invest a money, but the only thing is if you afford to invest in gold? not all people can afford that because even a piece of gold is too expensive that is why more users here is focus in bitcoin.

Exactly. Because bitcoin can be broken down into small chunks up to the satoshi unit.
That's why even people with no startup money can climb their way up and invest.
Activity: 574
Merit: 500
Any store can buy, sell, and accept Crypto
October 12, 2016, 01:08:37 AM
Both is good to invest a money, but the only thing is if you afford to invest in gold? not all people can afford that because even a piece of gold is too expensive that is why more users here is focus in bitcoin.
Yeah gold is so expensive. For people who only have small amount of money they should to invest their money in bitcoin. Although only $1 the amount will grow in the future. But they have to be carefull with scams.
Activity: 714
Merit: 531
October 11, 2016, 10:35:19 PM
legendary
Activity: 2912
Merit: 1852
October 11, 2016, 05:50:27 PM
If you compare the profits that you can make from both of them in long  run then I think bitcoin holds upper hand over gold as bitcoin price can go beyond our imagination in future but gold won't exceed after a certain level.
yeah of course, to issue profit I would be in favor of bitcoin, because with very little capital even if you can invest in bitcoin and you are most likely to benefit greatly in a short time anyway

Well, all you need is some $150 (maybe less) to buy a 1/10th oz American Gold Eagle.

Bitcoin is a better speculation ("greater alpha").

Gold is better for preserving wealth ("Store of Value").

Since they have SOME differing characteristics, owning both is good diversification.

A machine gun would count as good diversification too...   Smiley
Activity: 532
Merit: 500
October 11, 2016, 05:41:59 PM
If you compare the profits that you can make from both of them in long  run then I think bitcoin holds upper hand over gold as bitcoin price can go beyond our imagination in future but gold won't exceed after a certain level.
yeah of course, to issue profit I would be in favor of bitcoin, because with very little capital even if you can invest in bitcoin and you are most likely to benefit greatly in a short time anyway
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
October 11, 2016, 05:38:19 PM
Well i dont like gold, besides too may rules and restrictions they have to use and buy it, i cant earn it for free, doing some small tasks, at bitcoin im able to earn small ammounts for free. If i had 10000 dollars to invest i would invest into crypto world, maybe not bitcoin directly, maybe some altcoin would get those investement, gold had countries control.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 11, 2016, 04:50:25 PM
in one sense it right that gold is better than bitcoin as gold is too stable than bitcoin, but on other side we can see that bitcoin is more better than gold as there is a big fluctuation in the price of bitcoin and we can really make a good profit by investing in bitcoin.
Activity: 99
Merit: 10
October 11, 2016, 11:25:00 AM
Gold is a metal, and like all metals, and so it does not easily lose its value. BTC can be a safe way to buy and sell almost anything, but we are unable to know if we can use it in time of war or something. That's why it is advisable to have both, if something unexpected occurs.
Pages:
Jump to: