Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Gulden a good investment? - page 29. (Read 250149 times)

Activity: 535
Merit: 260
February 01, 2018, 07:26:50 PM
With all due respect, if high volatility, or devs missing deadlines causes you to lose trust I don't think crypto is really for you.

The Gulden team have given regular updates on development and explained why things are taking longer than originally planned. The upcoming update is huge. Would you prefer them to release it early with bugs? Would that make you trust them more?

It's not the Gulden team's job to do marketing. Marketing in crypto only creates hype which creates more volatility. If they were aggressively marketing and creating hype that created more volatility would you trust them more?

What the Gulden team care most about is having the best product that gives the best experience to the user . They're well on the way to achieving this goal. This is why I trust them and is why you should too.

Activity: 135
Merit: 11
February 01, 2018, 06:37:36 PM
I also want to point out that Gulden team *is* creating trust, by adding value to the product that they work on

They aren't really a company that needs to create trust by being nice, buying Gulden is not like you are buying a piece of the Gulden company or something, you are buying a currency that they are developing, and if it is improving as a product -- and it is -- then I trust it

People are free to do whatever they want, but selling in a dip is a bad trading choice, that's plain and simple
February 01, 2018, 06:32:44 PM
One could also perceive this "lack of advertising" as a good thing.

The team is not interested in creating fake news or advertising just for the sake of inflating price -- they do heavy advertise when things are launched

I am not saying that I agree with how they handle things, but that's their way of doing and if you stop to think about it, it's more "serious" and "trustworthy" than a team that let things go loose and don't care about handling it in the most professional way possible, they really care about order, organization, and rules.

And if I am about to invest a huge amount of money for the long-term, I really want the team to be professional in the most professional way possible.

February 01, 2018, 05:21:52 PM
OK..I've made the account just to post this.
I am into Gulden for a long time already and followed them pretty much every day both in terms of development and price action. I am certainly not exactly a whale in this market, but I do hold about 200k NLG which I've struggled to accumulate all this time. At this point I am quiteclose to give up this project and sell everything. It is not because of the price, it is just because the development team is not reliable in terms of delivering. Those who follow the project and are honest with themselves know what I am talking about. The truth is that the word deadline has no meaning for them. They can post a roadmap on the website and just update it for as many times as they need, without any notice or explanations. There is no guarantee about anything when it comes to sticking to a predetermined timeline. If anything, someone will write on slack something like "it was just an estimate timeline" or so, even if that timeline is missed by A LOT, not only by a week or two. The problem is that some people invest in a project based on roadmaps and their estimated implementation time. You cannot just say "yeah, whatever, it's ready when it's ready".
So for everyone who is looking to invest in this project: it is not a scam, it really has a good potential, but be prepared to get frustrated and annoyed by the way this team works and communicates. They really don't have much consideration for keeping their word or for any kind of criticism.
That being said...I don't know what I will do, but for the first time I really started to consider alternatives (and yes, I am sorry for not doing this earlier).

I also understand your frustration, but I really advice not selling at this point.

If you are for a long time already, same as me, you *know* that the price will raise, like, a lot. It may be in a week, two weeks, a month or a few months, but it will raise.

So what's really the point in selling now at the current dip? Unless you really need the money in Euro to use for something else that is urgent, there's no point in selling right now, you'll just lose money in the long term

Wait till it pick up to speed again so you can make a good profit. It's just my 2 cents of course, do whatever you wish, but at the current price, buying (or holding if you don't want to spend more euro) is much more smart than selling.
legendary
Activity: 1658
Merit: 1001
February 01, 2018, 05:13:11 PM
I am into Gulden for a long time already and followed them pretty much every day both in terms of development and price action. I am certainly not exactly a whale in this market, but I do hold about 200k NLG which I've struggled to accumulate all this time. At this point I am quiteclose to give up this project and sell everything. It is not because of the price, it is just because the development team is not reliable in terms of delivering. Those who follow the project and are honest with themselves know what I am talking about. The truth is that the word deadline has no meaning for them. They can post a roadmap on the website and just update it for as many times as they need, without any notice or explanations. There is no guarantee about anything when it comes to sticking to a predetermined timeline. If anything, someone will write on slack something like "it was just an estimate timeline" or so, even if that timeline is missed by A LOT, not only by a week or two. The problem is that some people invest in a project based on roadmaps and their estimated implementation time. You cannot just say "yeah, whatever, it's ready when it's ready".
So for everyone who is looking to invest in this project: it is not a scam, it really has a good potential, but be prepared to get frustrated and annoyed by the way this team works and communicates. They really don't have much consideration for keeping their word or for any kind of criticism.
That being said...I don't know what I will do, but for the first time I really started to consider alternatives (and yes, I am sorry for not doing this earlier).

Know how you're feeling, bro. If you're in for it for a long time, you've made some profit from it. Just sell a bit that you feel comfortable with, stash the rest for a bunch of years.
Activity: 3
Merit: 0
February 01, 2018, 04:26:24 PM
Activity: 79
February 01, 2018, 04:12:33 PM
Also the same RTL-Z has a great article about Gulden, check it at https://www.rtlz.nl/z-magazine/2018/z-life-week-5#2679536.
Activity: 79
February 01, 2018, 04:01:40 PM
Some bad mention about Gulden on national television the big crypto show by RTLZ

https://youtu.be/ZgiIIwcyvik?t=1140

What a bunch of loosers, got in Crypto 3 days ago and think they are Legends...I only see two little bitches!
They will eat their words in a few days..

Bonuspoints: one of the two works at the company which is the main sponsor for the very TV-program. 
Then again, it was a quick question about personal opinion about a quick list of coins mentioned which makes good TV for the n00bs with a tie.

Everyone is entitled to have an opinion, especially when you have (strong) arguments to support your opinion. In this case, there's only an opinion and absolutely no arguments to support their statement. The only way to deal with this is to ask them questions about their opinion and ask them for arguments why they think like that

Also, I gave it a big thumbs down on youtube and I would suggest you do the same, maybe RTLZ wakes up and thinks twice about hiring those idiots again. With a strong community it's possible to show that there's enough support for this coin!
Activity: 39
Merit: 1
February 01, 2018, 01:29:31 PM
Some bad mention about Gulden on national television the big crypto show by RTLZ

What a bunch of loosers, got in Crypto 3 days ago and think they are Legends...I only see two little bitches!

Bonuspoints: one of the two works at the company which is the main sponsor for the very TV-program.  
Then again, it was a quick question about personal opinion about a quick list of coins mentioned which makes good TV for the n00bs with a tie.
Activity: 435
Merit: 250
February 01, 2018, 01:16:16 PM

Activity: 93
Merit: 3
February 01, 2018, 01:01:22 PM
This coin has the potential to pass litecoin within 2-3 years with the development they have underway but I would like the price to go under 1500 one more time.

My first intention was to just agree with this and then it made me think what this would mean for Gulden.
If we compare the market cap of both: LTC is sitting around 8 billion $ while NLG is at about 70 million $.
So to reach the state Litecoin has today Gulden would have to multiply its value roughly by factor 110, which is enormous.
However this would only be true if Litecoin stays at the very current level.

I guess, I first have to let this sink in a bit  Shocked

Activity: 20
February 01, 2018, 10:53:07 AM
This coin has the potential to pass litecoin within 2-3 years with the development they have underway but I would like the price to go under 1500 one more time.
Activity: 93
Merit: 3
February 01, 2018, 09:57:01 AM
My strategy is to lock my 10k NLG for 3 years as soon as PoW2 is released.
It doesn't really matter when this happens since I see this coin has a real long time use-case. Of course I would be more than happy if they announce the release tomorrow but in a few months is fine too.

I started buying in just recently and was more like panic buying, since I didn't want to miss the opportunity of the cheap exchange rate atm. Now I'll just hodl through all the fuss.
Activity: 4
February 01, 2018, 08:45:42 AM
What's your strategy guys? - just hold - no matter what?

I'm in since 8 months... and bought 60K guldens (7 euro cents on average) for the long term.

I'm holding because Gulden has a huge potential in Europe. It's a great project.

legendary
February 01, 2018, 06:18:01 AM

Uninformed people watching uninformed tv program... and nothing of value was lost.

i see you're stabilizer software still running smoothly on trex

Nope, hasn't been running on NLG for ages.
Activity: 12
February 01, 2018, 05:58:52 AM

Uninformed people watching uninformed tv program... and nothing of value was lost.

i see you're stabilizer software still running smoothly on trex
legendary
February 01, 2018, 05:48:54 AM

Activity: 12
February 01, 2018, 05:13:17 AM

Activity: 421
Merit: 101
World's First Crowd Owned Cryptocurrency Exchange
February 01, 2018, 03:26:34 AM
I totally disagree with the sentiment expressed above, this level I suspect is the new collection level for investors before the next release. It will move around between 1500 and 2000 sat for the next few months or when PoW2 and SegSig is announced for roll out. The days of not being in the top 100 is a few months away. I would motivate the developers and not discourage them with all this trash talking.

This looks to be right.
Activity: 110
February 01, 2018, 03:06:07 AM
The Guldentrader exchange, will this cater for high level investors that can deposit + 500 000 Euros? Nocks is good for small investors wanting to dip small amounts into Gulden but at the end it will be the reason Gulden won't be able to break into the top 100.
Pages:
Jump to: