Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 30. (Read 4477 times)

Activity: 1092
Merit: 250
April 20, 2018, 08:47:49 PM
yes, holding is really dangerous, but the most dangerous think in crypto world is if we not hold anything,
so, just hold a great coins, not a shitcoins my friend  Wink
Activity: 284
Merit: 100
April 20, 2018, 07:47:51 PM
holding altcoin not dangerous
but all investment still high risk, so if you afraid lost youre money, don't invest anything
Activity: 1638
Merit: 122
April 13, 2018, 05:46:11 AM
It depend if project gets or hit the target sale i think there's no worry about holding altcoins if you get your target in price in altcoins that your holding trade your coin.
I just work on bounty at this moment.But every person have a dream.I have a dream.I want to make a big investor.I want to invest on ICO.Can anyone explain me, Have any risk involved invest money on ICO?
Some ico now are scam and its hard to find a legit ico. Some are legit but after they add it on exchange the price are so low than the ico price. If you want to invest i think try a small amount.
well, we can not judge the quality of an ICO, because most of the ICO does have a good concept. even at risk, try minimizing the risks by choosing a good team, reading whitepapers, or investing in ICOs that have reached softcap, or nearly reaching Hardcap.

what projects are you talking about? Alts do not have a project but an ico does. Maybe your talking about ico coins or the one that it's on a bounty?  if it is then your are right. The risk of holding them will depend on their project,  if they manage to get successful , then you can probably earn big on them but if not,  then you can be loose or worst get scammed because almost majority of the ico's are scam. I been scammed many times thru a bounty ico , that's why I need to warned other people like you, so that they can be aware and avoid it possibly.
Activity: 556
April 13, 2018, 05:38:05 AM
It depend if project gets or hit the target sale i think there's no worry about holding altcoins if you get your target in price in altcoins that your holding trade your coin.
Activity: 322
Merit: 10
April 13, 2018, 05:25:29 AM
I don't find holding of altcoins to be dangerous, because among the entire altcoins listed on coinmarketcap very few grew while bitcoin was declining in value. But now as the price of bitcoin has started to increase, most of the altcoins too started to increase. This confirms profit on holding of altcoins.

Indeed some altcoins are now getting better in the market placed. There is no dangerous of holding it even if you hodl it for long term investment. Even the marketcap are in red situation that bitcoin now itself are in downward trends. But in everyday changes which bitcoins tends to grow it will influencing altcoins also to grow even better than before.
Activity: 210
Merit: 0
April 06, 2018, 04:46:14 AM
Holding alts might be dangerous if holding doesn't have any strategy. The reason for entering the trade should be equal to the reason for leaving the trade. And proper risk management, which will help to cut losses.
Activity: 533
Merit: 251
Streamity Decentralized cryptocurrency exchange
April 06, 2018, 04:35:51 AM
It is not dangerous thing but its risky. Altcoins are even more volatile than bitcoin. Its like %100 swings daily possible. So you should stay very focused on coins you choose and how you trade them. OR you lose so much money.
Activity: 149
Merit: 12
April 04, 2018, 07:15:02 AM
Why it can be dangerous? I think that panic-selling and daily trading of alts is far more dangerous.
Activity: 294
April 04, 2018, 07:01:05 AM
That's a very good question .. I know it's not dangerous. It's just a cousin that he has held for a long time. he earns.
Activity: 182
Blockchain Just Entered The Real World
April 04, 2018, 06:40:04 AM
Hodling altcoins is not dangerous if you have a clear strategy and a well-crafted portfolio with well-distributed risks. In this situation, you can lose everything only if cryptomarket collapses. Do you believe in this?
Comprehensive Blockchain Billing Protocol
April 04, 2018, 04:10:08 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
And we'll see when the bull market comes and the growth of coins begins, it will be possible to ask people if they won from the fact that they kept coins. It is clear that many coins will die for such a long time after such a stress, but an intelligent trader conducts his own diversification.
Activity: 1077
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 02, 2018, 02:27:05 PM
remember if the most of coins is sh!t. it means very dangerous if you hold a wrong coin.
that's why you must know and understand what coin do you hold. then u can take a decision for it
Activity: 98
April 02, 2018, 02:03:03 PM
I don't think that hodling alt coins is dangerous.But you need to be careful with altcoins because some will fail and some will be succeed.Altcoins is the  the best way to make money. The big coins ,like bitcoin, are safer bets, but ultimately it is up to you.
Activity: 518
April 02, 2018, 01:24:59 PM
It would not be difficult to believe but it's true. My briefcase is made up of altcoins, I'm afraid that maybe someday it will turn into zero.
Activity: 518
April 02, 2018, 12:31:44 PM

Holding alts is dangerous, you are right. It is dangerous if you hold the wrong type of altcoins: e.g., those susceptible to pumps and dumps. Or useless MN coins with no future whatsoever. Or tokens with no value other than just existing.
I personally do not know why someone can meet a guy on the street and instantly think 'conman' while people in the crypto spaces see a dubious ICO and that caution is thrown out the window. If you'd just take an iota (!) of caution when investing in an altcoin then the dangerous part would be taken care of easily. Invest in great projects like Multiversum, only after doing enough research on them.
Activity: 134
April 02, 2018, 11:40:37 AM
I guess altcoin perish for not founded in extravagant way of engagement in this business. It can be a relevant reason also when the developers could not able to handle the team to the trip of business campaign. There are so many campaigns here that seems interesting and can touch the sky of success but unknown year of staying.
April 02, 2018, 11:09:38 AM
After last few bearish months I realize that HODLing should go together with a good risk management in order to cut losses. Otherwise losses can cut Your budget.
Activity: 2744
Merit: 541
Campaign Management?"Hhampuz" is the Man
April 02, 2018, 10:15:34 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
holding altcoin is something that has a very high risk but can not be called dangerous. especially if you hold the coins now when the price is down. it is not a dangerous thing.
it depend on what altcoin are you holding because ethereum an litecoin is altcoin too means its dangerous holding this two top coins?ofcourse this wont be dangerous unless youre having SHITCOINS yhen it must be dangerous ,but if youre having the top 20 coi forure this is not a danger and profit is indeed with this..i am holding 6 alts on my folio and i dont feel danger with it
Activity: 1820
Merit: 107
April 02, 2018, 10:13:26 AM
Is hodling alts dangerous?

I dont think so? for me hodling is still the best way to maximize profit just be sure you choose a rigth Coin/Token that has working platform and product just stay positive and believe your instinct 100% so it can be done freely.
Activity: 658
Merit: 117
April 02, 2018, 10:09:14 AM
Well if you have to consider that there are over a hundred coins out there and only very few of them are popular or are in use as per their original token value. To be holding tokens with little or no value can indeed spell doom for your growing assets
Pages:
Jump to: