Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 25. (Read 4477 times)

Activity: 308
Merit: 10
April 28, 2018, 03:39:08 PM
holding alts is dangerous if you invested more than the amount that you can afford to loss. if you invested the right amounth and u picked the right coins in my opinion holding is a nice strategy in the long time, maybe it can give you less gains than do daytrading but it still offers nice gains and if all the market crashes you wont be ruined.
Activity: 280
Merit: 100
The Operating System for DAOs
April 28, 2018, 03:38:52 PM
Yes it is very dangerous, when bitcoin falls 5% the alts are dumping 10-20% they are so volatile. Just look at the charts, some of the alts will
never reach their ath again in bitcoin. They may pump in usd value, but it is hard to break bitcoin price ath.
Activity: 413
Merit: 250
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
April 28, 2018, 03:19:58 PM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

It actually depends, there are coins out there that are too old and still profitable. It depends on what coin have you been holding for a long time. You should still get an update about it, so that you will be aware if the dev team is still active on marketing or development.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 250
April 25, 2018, 02:52:51 PM
Yes it is very dangerous I think, today you can see every altcoins dropped %10-15 and there is no reason for this, they can rise or drop easily I didnt understand why they are dropping again.

You can see from the latest trends, the big problem of the case on the erc-20 token causes panic from the holder, and especially the problem in myetherwallet, this is part of the extreme fluctuations in the crypto currency, in this case the percentage of altcoin always falls more than its rate of increase which is slow, I think it is still in a reasonable stage because the price will always be organic.
Activity: 868
Merit: 500
April 25, 2018, 02:49:26 PM
I think the idea of holding when the prices are crumbling is a bad idea, there are some tokens I was holding for sometime  now that have never hit their ICO prices talkless of hitting the profit for the investors, there are some many tokens in the space now that are just there to deceive if you just hold them blindly you will lose all your investment
Activity: 476
April 25, 2018, 02:18:53 PM
Yes it is very dangerous I think, today you can see every altcoins dropped %10-15 and there is no reason for this, they can rise or drop easily I didnt understand why they are dropping again.
Activity: 196
Merit: 0
April 25, 2018, 01:59:52 PM
I believe that it will depend in the altcoins that you will invest  to, specially with new altcoins that have finished their ICOs. Because some of the ICOs structure or road map is not unreal or not good or the ICO is just plain scam to get money from others. But if you study the alcoins carefully and read to their goals then you will see that some for the altcoins out there has very good future.
copper member
Activity: 749
April 25, 2018, 12:44:58 PM
Actually i don't think alts holding is dangerous because i believe alts price dump or pump it's a nature of crypto market. So if you have patience and if you have enough money then you can hold for long term.I think if you can then you will get a very good profit from them.   
legendary
Activity: 3640
Merit: 1209
April 25, 2018, 12:09:28 PM
Many coins have dropped in price, and many coins from 2013 wholly disappeared, but this doesn't mean that long-term investments are impossible. You need to analyze the market and altcoins correctly and invest in reliable projects from the top 10 by capitalization.
Activity: 115
Merit: 10
April 25, 2018, 05:01:45 AM
Yes, it is advisable to track new coins on the market. And it's also better to revise your investment portfolio and sell unpromising altcoins.
New promising coins can bring more profit. Wink
Activity: 658
Merit: 117
April 25, 2018, 04:51:29 AM
Imho, I would suggest you invest carefully whether or not your interest is in Bitcoin or alts. The most important thing is knowing when to enter or leave the market, knowing your investment strength and goals with the assets in your portfolio. If all you want to be is a millionaire, cryptocurrencies can generally disappoint. But if you want to learn the secrets behind the investment stream (which by the way is similar to those of the mainstream stocks market), then you must be prepared to take risks.
Activity: 420
Merit: 108
April 25, 2018, 04:21:44 AM
been into crypto since 2013 if i would have held onto my coins and not sold for fast profit i woulda been a millionaire no joke, but it is def harder now since there r so many coins out there and what projects will win out over others or what will be good in the long run.
I am a millionaire but it’s not 2013 any more, no comparison
Activity: 100
April 25, 2018, 03:24:28 AM
No altcoin is the same - some are good and some are very bad. And even the big ones could make you loose your money if you don't keep your I on it.
Activity: 770
Merit: 501
April 25, 2018, 02:01:56 AM
been into crypto since 2013 if i would have held onto my coins and not sold for fast profit i woulda been a millionaire no joke, but it is def harder now since there r so many coins out there and what projects will win out over others or what will be good in the long run.
Merit: 108
April 25, 2018, 02:00:26 AM
Yes sell your Alts bitches! Bitcoin will clean your clock
Merit: 14
April 25, 2018, 01:44:42 AM
Investing in ICO projects and participating in them as generosity campaigns can take place in different ways, depending on what you are going to do with the tokens received. If you are going to sell them and get a quick profit, you can invest in projects that will have a good starting point with a high level of declared initial cost. The sale of such tokens as soon as they appear on exchanges and exchangers, will yield a good profit, and the token will then go down in value.

If you want to hold coins for a long time and expect a profit from them in the future, then the ICO projects need to choose the appropriate ones. First of all, they should have their own good idea, an excellent plan for its implementation and a team of professionals. ICO should create a good and high-quality product that would be in constant demand and be sought after. Tokens of such a project will increase in price over time.
Activity: 392
April 25, 2018, 01:12:54 AM
You must not hodl everytime, at the bear market all altcoins drops %50-60 so it is bad for hodling altcoins, but at the bullish market you must hodl altcoins also, I dont hodl btc at bull.
Activity: 168
April 25, 2018, 12:11:02 AM
to hold an altcoint must be profit if the coin have a future, a coin shouldn't just release ICO,
entry a market then lose if any dump. It must have another function like an online shoping payment equipment,
or as a gift in a most wanted game.
Activity: 364
Merit: 103
April 25, 2018, 12:05:37 AM
my opinion is nothing to harm the investment of alt coin, because crypto speaks the future, and every second will always evolve, certainly there is a fall, whether the big coin though, maybe that is said to be dangerous that may not be clear origin, either team dev or prosepek fore the target of the coin work, analyze is very important as a consideration in making decisions, keep the spirit and success
Activity: 728
Merit: 11
https://streamies.io/
April 25, 2018, 12:04:52 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh
Holding is never dangerous. It's like you invest in stocks. There are many different types of investments and strategies to choose from.
We should not compare short-term investment better or long-term investment is better. It depends on the altcoin and your investment ideas. Anyway, the hold still brings a lot of profit to those who have patience.
Pages:
Jump to: