Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 27. (Read 4477 times)

Activity: 20
Merit: 1
April 24, 2018, 12:03:33 AM
I would say yes, blindly hodling is dangerous, just because crypto market has cycles. If you don't play around waves you lose a lot
Activity: 129
Merit: 10
April 23, 2018, 10:07:38 PM
we need to balance of all coins while holding all coins nothing is dangerous in holding but we should nt lose balance in holding less speculative coins in market

Many people depending on their investment have earned too much money and others just the opposite maybe even using
similar or similar techniques. That's why I think it's very dangerous because it depends on the currency and how it is handled.
marketing at that time but it also depends a lot on us to know how to invest.
Activity: 798
Merit: 251
April 23, 2018, 09:57:23 PM
Not at all, it can actually save you from losing more from the dip. Since the prices of altcoins are down, it is more advisable to hold all coins and wait until the value of coins to increase again. Holding your alts can surely help you earn a huge profit. So it is never dangerous to hold alts.
Activity: 223
Merit: 11
April 23, 2018, 09:41:54 PM
Hodling is not really dangerous, yet is have a little risk but if you're wise enough to choose a reliable altcoins there's nothing to worry about. Besides hodling is a technique in cryptoworld to gain profits.
legendary
Activity: 3122
Merit: 1140
April 23, 2018, 07:57:16 PM
Is it dangerous to keep old altcoins? Here, each situation needs to be discussed individually, because everything depends on the project, what technical part it has.
it is not dangerous to protect the old altcoin. depending on how the development of altcoin is in the future, if it is still a chance in the future I think it is not dangerous if you hold the old token
Long term can be suicide for your altcoins, but though some of those lacking knowledge may felt in danger because of hesitations. They should do more research before buying those crypto coins for trading. Some of the coins will not do good for trading, it might lose its value in a long run and certainly have zero demand in the future. If you choose a good coin for holdings, well definitely you don't have to be afraid of and of course you'll be able to have more inputs from its road map before deciding to continue the journey of your alts particular on its community.
Holding isn't really good anytime just like on what most people are suggesting but without even thinking on the risk behind it if you do let your coins hold too long as you have said hesitations would be there sometimes we do make mistakes and might sell off on earlier times and the coin pumped out in long term which cant be avoided because we don't know the future but if we do have knowledge and experience we might able to hold it up even further. Dangerous things can really happen anytime if you wont able to get out on the right time.
Activity: 182
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 07:39:12 PM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

if you have doubts on any project during ICO then wait for exchange listing .
scam ico are different things .
but holding alts is the best way to secure maximum profit .
with top coins you can only earn x2 or x3 profit in a year .

people hold alts and maximize their btc (selling alts for btc)
Activity: 350
Merit: 3
April 23, 2018, 07:14:53 PM
Coins are now emerging very much and good quality, they are able to compete and shift the other coins to enter at the top position. If your ICO coins are not on the market better at hold, actively monitor the market movement. After the coin appears for the first time in the market you immediately sell it. The first coin enters the market usually has a high price.
Activity: 994
Merit: 502
April 23, 2018, 06:25:01 PM
It actually depends on the coin that you are going to hold, there are coins that die or lacks/slow in development which I think is not a good indicator to hold. If you hold a coin without a good potential for too long, you might have missed a lot of potential income from it. So, make your own criteria as to when are you going to hold.
Such incidents take place quite often, even some coins gets out from the usage. You cannot find it anywhere else, and it simply sits in the wallet and cannot be used for trading and other needs. Next thing is the hard fluctuations, to avoid such instances it is good to trade it often and keep a small value as reserve which is risk free.
Activity: 448
Merit: 100
send and receive money instantly, w/no hidden cost
April 23, 2018, 05:19:17 PM
You need to stay away from over-fluctuating coins, especially if you are going to hold it for long-term investment, do not be afraid to let it fly with steam.
Activity: 266
Merit: 105
April 23, 2018, 04:44:59 PM
Holding your altcoins in exchanges is more dangerous. I don't see any problem regarding this HODL thing as long as you're careful enough with your data (private keys) and the trader should know when is the best time to sell those investments.
Activity: 1596
Merit: 335
April 23, 2018, 04:39:29 PM
It actually depends on the coin that you are going to hold, there are coins that die or lacks/slow in development which I think is not a good indicator to hold. If you hold a coin without a good potential for too long, you might have missed a lot of potential income from it. So, make your own criteria as to when are you going to hold.
Activity: 172
April 23, 2018, 04:03:45 PM
Holding is not very dangerous. Each investment carries some risk. It depends on what coins you keep. If you have good and promising coins, it's definitely worth holding. Before investing you need to do research to avoid buying shitcoins.

Holding altcoins is dangerous but holding fiat euro, usd or holding gold and silver is dangerous too. There is nothing risk free in this world. Holding alts is the only way to make money as you integrate into the system.
Activity: 403
Merit: 250
Pre-sale - March 18
April 23, 2018, 03:45:07 PM
Good altcoins are not dangerous. For example you can't lose your money with Ethereum.
If you hold scam coins or high risk altcoins you can always lose your money. There is a chance but I suggest you to hold major altcoins and Bitcoin preferably.
Activity: 126
April 23, 2018, 03:09:20 PM
I don't see holding altcoins as dangerous, but rather as risky. You should always monitor your investments in all of your coins, not just altcoins. Investing in crypto currencies is risky and sometimes dangerous, like these past months, that was dangerous. In not clear situations you should probably sell the altcoins, but at the end of the day some altcoins go up and some don't. Once you might just hit the right one, you can never know.
Activity: 294
April 23, 2018, 03:04:18 PM
You should always monitor the situation, in unclear situations selling some coins may be a good idea.
Activity: 32
April 23, 2018, 02:25:45 PM
Holding is not very dangerous. Each investment carries some risk. It depends on what coins you keep. If you have good and promising coins, it's definitely worth holding. Before investing you need to do research to avoid buying shitcoins.

That is right. If you hold the top 10 mineable coins such as Bitcoin, Bitcoin Cash and ETH, or Monero, that is fine.
Activity: 2002
Merit: 516
April 23, 2018, 02:16:10 PM
Activity: 38
Merit: 0
April 23, 2018, 01:58:18 PM
Some altcoins will go up, some will go down. If you want to make money on this, then toss a coin to choose the direction of the transaction.
Activity: 373
Merit: 15
bounty stakes trading
April 23, 2018, 01:50:52 PM
It is %100 more risky than holding bitcoin. Altcoins have very risky and volatile nature. They are affected harder with bad news, hack news etc. But they are equally affected by pump news so I think its fair to invest against risk for better profits.

If you choose right alts it can be more stable than BTC. I always made own research. Sometime it happens with ready report from web. And I do own (OWN) decision about trust or no this team and this coin. After that risk will be minimum
Agree with you. It depends what alcoins you decided to hold. BTC go down too maybe a little bit less than altcoins but when market go up altcoins go up more than BTC because BTC have more capitalization than other coins. Now BTC have 40% dominance from all market, so definately BTC need more time(and money) that price will go up.
Activity: 574
Merit: 104
April 23, 2018, 01:41:07 PM
It is %100 more risky than holding bitcoin. Altcoins have very risky and volatile nature. They are affected harder with bad news, hack news etc. But they are equally affected by pump news so I think its fair to invest against risk for better profits.

If you choose right alts it can be more stable than BTC. I always made own research. Sometime it happens with ready report from web. And I do own (OWN) decision about trust or no this team and this coin. After that risk will be minimum
Pages:
Jump to: