Pages:
Author

Topic: Is hodling alts dangerous? - page 49. (Read 4477 times)

Activity: 196
Merit: 100
CHIEF GROWTH OFFICER OF GLOBAL ENTERPRENEUR
February 15, 2018, 10:47:29 AM
I think holding is the best investment method for crypto-currencies and it's much safer than trading altcoins. From what I know, many people in this forum are just buying their favorite altcoin last year and have made a lot of money since they will never miss the pump as this market has more pump then dump in the long run so it is almost profit guaranteed unless you invest in bad projects
Activity: 1554
Merit: 101
February 15, 2018, 10:25:53 AM
I think that's not true, they are down because bitcoin values come down, just look at now bitcoin rise and all altcoin values also go up. because I think almost all alccoin values follow bitcoin value if bitcoin down he will come down that's the other way around.
Activity: 560
Merit: 101
February 15, 2018, 10:21:59 AM
Holding alts is not dangerous if you continuously monitor your alts which you properly chose. If you have done your homework in determining which potential alts you invested with, well i guess there is no danger in holding your alts because at the very start you were already on the right track. Dont just hold and sleep later, you need to keep track of your investment and be alert to act accordingly when market seems to be moving so fast and irregularly.
Activity: 629
Merit: 108
February 15, 2018, 10:04:18 AM
Hodling of altcoins should not be dangerous if you invest in the right coins. If you choose projects with a real use-case, a solid roadmap/white paper, an
excellent team and big community that will be not a high risk. Shitcoins = dangerous !
Activity: 224
Merit: 0
February 15, 2018, 09:52:59 AM
It clearly depends on the project you are investing. Alts are in my opinion a bit more risky. Also you need to keep following the project to see, if those promised features are really made in time or are delayed.
I personally invest in both, since there are quite interesting altcoin projects, which are very promising and have a good team. So, yes and no, holding altcoins can be dangerous but also can be profitable in the long run.
Activity: 118
Merit: 11
February 15, 2018, 09:50:29 AM
Depends which alts. You need to look at the work, the team, and the future of the alt-coin you want to invest in. Are they doing their marketing, do they have big plans, are they up to date with what they promised? It's like choosing a company stock.
Activity: 432
February 15, 2018, 09:48:31 AM
I think altcoin holding is dangerous if you don’t follow their news or Road Map and If their value rises. you need to be careful with altcoins when you plan to HOLD

Why would be dangerous? Maybe if short term profit is what you want. But you deeply searched on what altcoins you want to buy and you've really believe on their technology I don't think that will be dangerous because you will hold it for long term and have a perfect sell target.
The risk of holding the altcoins is very much. If we hold any altcoin, we first have to thoroughly research their technology. We have to ask whether the technology of the altcoin will have a positive impact on the crypto market and be used by many users. In short, we have to think a lot. If you do not have enough patience and experience then you will lose everything.
Activity: 280
Merit: 10
February 15, 2018, 09:44:48 AM
I think altcoin holding is dangerous if you don’t follow their news or Road Map and If their value rises. you need to be careful with altcoins when you plan to HOLD

Why would be dangerous? Maybe if short term profit is what you want. But you deeply searched on what altcoins you want to buy and you've really believe on their technology I don't think that will be dangerous because you will hold it for long term and have a perfect sell target.
Activity: 1005
Merit: 502
Sovryn - Brings DeFi to Bitcoin
February 13, 2018, 05:47:10 AM
Last year alts rise a lot. I dont know the average percentage. But when I check coins in the market at year 2013 lots of them dead now (too low ranks). probably new tech coins won them (like peercoin, namecoin, ixcoin etc)

Also we are following new ICO s and most of us expecting too much gain from new coins which are not at the market. If our ICO expectations will happen, when they added to market, current market coins will go down. kind of paradox  Huh

Well, it really depends on the altcoin. You are right stating that in 2013 there were several coins which looked very promising for the long term (for example Primecoin, etc.) and then they are basically dead project right now. But always keep in mind crypto-space moves much faster than 'traditional' assets like stocks or commodities. So 'long-term' for cryptocoins could be considered a year or even less.
Activity: 4
February 13, 2018, 05:43:15 AM
A little difficult to answer according to me because there are three types

1.with great project which can be a source of usage in daily life
2.with normal structure but with good team who keeps updating from time to time
3.with no proper white paper run by pump dump groups

In first case you understand the project and invest for long term.time plays a major role and the big players add on gradually,so you can hold .in second case,fluctuations in the price happens based on updates and announcements.be it good or an average coin,it still fluctuates time to time.this is for day traders.hold for day or two is recommended depending on the update.in case three,better stay out of it.you may gain profits once but you will get addicted and will come to zero again.
Activity: 476
February 13, 2018, 04:33:22 AM
Activity: 50
February 12, 2018, 07:33:53 AM
It isn't dangerous. If your worried about the risk, then hold alts which are well known, have a product and a good team and stick to some of the majors i.e. ADA
M.L
Activity: 99
Merit: 7
February 12, 2018, 07:32:15 AM
Holding alts is not dangerous. In fact, as the price of bitcoin increases, the price of alts also increase. Basically, holding alts can help people to earn more money. At this time, holding alts is very profitable.
Activity: 36
February 12, 2018, 06:02:34 AM
I think it's actually very very dangerous...

For your health for example.
The need to be in front of CMC all day in stead of working
bad influence on your relationships
dreaming about cars, boats, moon trips...

I only hold the coins  I mined. It is quite profitable.
legendary
Activity: 1848
Merit: 1000
February 12, 2018, 05:32:07 AM
Holding altcoins is the most exciting part for me anyway, because of the variety of projects out there and the volatility, alts can really work out well, there is always a risk especially if you hold on exchanges as we have seen over recent time a lot of exchanges either getting hacked or shutting down.

Alts are dangerous but also exciting.
Activity: 1377
Merit: 268
February 12, 2018, 05:18:52 AM
holding trash alts for me is dangerous but if you hold the right altcoins you will get good outcome from holding.
Activity: 40
February 12, 2018, 05:16:26 AM
alts coin increase rising as soon as possible,  therefore you hold alt coins,. will be patience 
Activity: 238
Merit: 10
February 12, 2018, 05:14:36 AM
It is not dangerous but actually more profitable if you check the coins carefully and hold most top ranked coins
avoiding any that look scams.
Yeah, agree with you on that. Your profit will multiply by 100x if you hodl them for years if you can hit the coin which will pump up later after they hit the exchange. But there is always that possibility that the alts you are holding may become dead, that's the risk of it. But in terms of danger i think it is not dangerous, only a little risky and you should always monitor your alts and act accordingly if there is a serious move in the market.
Activity: 966
Merit: 102
February 12, 2018, 04:34:42 AM
Hold or trade also needs a solid knowledge and a little luck, feeling the market. I saw them hold and won big with NEO, ETH. They spend a great deal of money and get the desired profit. Time of August to now. ETH was there at x9 times. Altcoin is also very diverse, give yourself the best option.
Activity: 546
February 12, 2018, 04:29:38 AM
That's why you need to do a research about them carefully especially if it is a large sum of money and that's when we can call it very dangerous. You could be holding bag of either hypedcoins or shitcoins so beware.
Pages:
Jump to: