Author

Topic: Is Holding Bitcoin a long time good way to make money? - page 152. (Read 368873 times)

Activity: 644
Merit: 500
I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

it is not fastest way here, but it's not risky you,  i mean bitcoin is pretty popular now and halving comes so everyone buys bitcoin and price rises, so if you'll keep bitcoins for 1 year atleast you will get a lot of money for sure

Holding BTC a long time to make money is not good idea, better try to buy some altcoins at low price and then sale them at higher price, and change back to BTC...
Activity: 658
CryptoTalk.Org - Get Paid for every Post!
I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

it is not fastest way here, but it's not risky you,  i mean bitcoin is pretty popular now and halving comes so everyone buys bitcoin and price rises, so if you'll keep bitcoins for 1 year atleast you will get a lot of money for sure
Activity: 238
Merit: 100
I first got bitcoin from withdrawing from gambling sites.  I deposited with another method but could withdraw bitcoin so i did it.  Around that time bitcoin was around $220 usd or so and when i got it, i would then trade it for poker funds from other person etc because I didn't want to hold the bitcoins due to reading about price fluctuations.  However, isn't the value of bitcoin almost always going to go up so its best to hold it?  I know last year it was $600 and the highest was when it was more than $1000 per bitcoin.  But since it is all the way down to $200-$300, isn't having bitcoin always good?  Could bitcoin go all the way to 0 soon?  I had thought hey if you get bitcoin when its $230 when the price stayed like that for a long time, thats great b/c very hard for it to go below $200 because i haven't seen that.  But even if it does, isn't it almost always going to rebound and go back up?  Last time i had btc and it was $230 or so and now it went up to $260.  So if you have say 100 bitcoins... well... thats a nice $3000 profit or so.

I'm sure there are ppl that have thousands or bitcoins right and just hold on to it?  And many that would sell btc immediately if prices go all the way up?  If someone had say 500 bitcoin... then btc price went up $20 in say a week or so... selling it would net them $10000 minus fees right?  However if they sell it via localbitcoins or other method, they are going to get a higher profit right?  However if they do this, say sold all their 500 btc... then once bitcoin later in the year go up another $50... well that would be $25000 less they would have earned.

In general, isn't holding BTC always a good thing since the price of it is pretty low now?  Obviously if you bought btc at $600 or $1000 and thought it would went up and held on to your btc, that would been a disaster.  But since its in the $200-$300 range, isn't having BTC always good?

i think that it is probably less risky way to earn money with bitcoin because with gambling or investing, you can lose your money, while just buying and holding them won't hurt, and price will rise in next months for sure you you're safe to do that
Activity: 406
Merit: 250
You never know when to sell it. The value is always changing and that is why it makes so hard to predict.
I hope that more people will have some profit later. And that the value will rise for a long time. That will be very good for us.
Activity: 896
Merit: 1000
Live Stars - Adult Streaming Platform
You never know what can happen later in the future. So you must take the risk that you also can lose some money.
But lets hope for now. If you see now. Then you can see that the price is rising slowly and that is very good.

Price is the matter for everything as you said,  but block halving us on the way so You bravely hold the bitcoin atleast till September. Then you find best price bitcoin trading.

Yes exactly price is rising and it has pumped up because last month bitcoin was in and around $350 but now it has crossed $400 and more to come its worth risk taking come on we can invest in bitcoin and wait till halving and if it gets doubled then you are lucky but if it does not then just wait till deember when the price will be at peak you can sell it.
Not everytime. You must sell it when you think that you will get a lot of profit with it. So that is good. ITs hard to predict for what is going to happen.
But that is the problem. I hope more people will get some more money later. That will be good and that Bitcoin will be more popular also.
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1048

if you buy bitcoin at low price and than holding that Bitcoin a long time,is good way to make money,everybody are agree with that,some people not agree with that,they want you to spent yur bitcoin,they think hold bitcoin is againts bitcions it self.
Activity: 448
You never know what can happen later in the future. So you must take the risk that you also can lose some money.
But lets hope for now. If you see now. Then you can see that the price is rising slowly and that is very good.

Price is the matter for everything as you said,  but block halving us on the way so You bravely hold the bitcoin atleast till September. Then you find best price bitcoin trading.
Its better to hold indeed. The value is not that high now to sell it so that will be quite bad to sell it now.
You must indeed wait and see for what is going to happen. I hope that more people will hold and that they can get some profit later.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091

I believe that before the halving we will see the highest price of this year. After the block halving people will start selling on a massive scale to secure profits. Those who bought below $300 and kept holding since then will be the real winners.
Activity: 714

Yes exactly price is rising and it has pumped up because last month bitcoin was in and around $350 but now it has crossed $400 and more to come its worth risk taking come on we can invest in bitcoin and wait till halving and if it gets doubled then you are lucky but if it does not then just wait till deember when the price will be at peak you can sell it.
Activity: 434
continue to keep bitcoin you have. can benefit by waiting bitcoin at a high price.

Yup chap, I would agree with you, Holding is the bewt way to make bitcoin.
legendary
Activity: 1946
Merit: 1137
although holding bitcoin for the future is a good (or better said easy) option for profiting i think in order to make good money the better option is to trade bitcoin or if you can find any kink of investment option that is legit, investment is a good option too.

because it is never a good idea to let the money just stay unused, sitting in your wallet. money needs to be in circulation and make more as it goes around.
Activity: 1638
Merit: 505
continue to keep bitcoin you have. can benefit by waiting bitcoin at a high price.

Activity: 182
Merit: 100
Pollak
Its good to save your money. But you dont must wait too long. There will be a time that you must sell your coins.
You must sell it when you think it has a good value to sell it and when you can also make some profit.
legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1000
yes it is a very appropriate way. you save bitcoin with the opportunity to get more money someday. This is the best choice to trade bitcoin.  Smiley Smiley
legendary
Activity: 2674
Merit: 1026
Hire me for Bounty Management
If you have bought bitcoin,you should sell when price is 100 $ more than your buy price and buy again when you can afford it.If however you have earned it,you must keep spending you bitcoins as this is what currency is supposed to be used for.By holding bitcoins,we are not doing any good to bitcoin,bitcoin is a currency and not a commodity
Holding for a long time will get you profit, but going for short term profits is better as the days will get counted with
the varying price. So if you are wishing to hold do it for a very long term which is the best option.

I would agree with you pal. Because price is matted in this view I guess. Even I am greedy about the rate change in bitcoin's Value.
I am also holding as you doing bro.
Activity: 714
if you want to make money you have to either trade bitcoin or work a job to earn money/bitcoin and not just store bitcoin and sit around waiting for the price to go up. that Is not healthy.

although there is nothing wrong with an investment, especially in bitcoin but I think it is better to keep things moving. for example you can sometimes find ways to invest those bitcoin for example in trading. this way you are on top of the market and will notice if the price is going up or down and also you can profit more on what you already have.

Yes that's a nice piece of advice it's always good to be up to date with bitcoin rather than just investing and waiting for the value of btc to increase and earn because sometimes bitcoin because unpredictable and if you have day to day knowledge which you can gain by trading it will be very helpful to make more profit
Activity: 2618
Merit: 548
SecureShift.io | Crypto-Exchange
Holding for a long time will get you profit, but going for short term profits is better as the days will get counted with
the varying price. So if you are wishing to hold do it for a very long term which is the best option.
Jump to: