Pages:
Author

Topic: Is Iota a scam? COME TO FIND, ABSOLUTELY NOT!!! - page 6. (Read 11401 times)

legendary
Activity: 1225
Merit: 1000
Delay does not equal scam. Noone likes delays, but they happen often.
You may think about "the main guy" david what you want, but the ideas behind iota are very smart.

That being said, I'm running a iota node since 3 weeks. So nope, no scam here.
Activity: 56
Merit: 0
My opinion on the matter is that Jinn/IOTA was a very misguided attempt to start a company in a space where it is practically impossible to succeed due to the obstacles present.  I think Come-from-Beyond is a decent guy who is smart in the technical sense, but doesn't have a lot of business experience.  I don't think he set out to scam anyone.  David on the other hand, I'm not sure about.  David could just be very naive and lacking in any business skills.  Competing against the giant companies involved in hardware manufacturing with the budget and business expertise that they possess is for all practical purposes imo impossible.  You have to realize the companies they are up against.  These are companies with unlimited resources compared to them.  Regardless of how smart CfB is, he cannot compete against the teams these companies have assembled in this space.  He only has so much time a day and it is foolish to think he can out design and out produce a team of individuals.  I think choosing David for this project was the nail in its coffin.  David is a degenerate and a communist who has absolute no idea what he is doing.  Personally, I wouldn't hire David to take out the trash let alone be the CEO of a company.  Basically, he is a joke.  If you haven't seen his facebook page, you should look at it.  Between David and the other companies they are up against, imo the project is set to fail.

Do you mean Zimbeck?

I don't think so. David Zimbeck works on bitbay and night trader only now. As far as i know. Why would you think they refer to him?
Activity: 56
The truth be told I am not one to know.

But

From my perusing of these "alternatives" to the coin of bit, I constantly find myself reminded of a film I wrote during my younger years way back in the 60's.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063462/

The plot tends to only differ in that some how in cryptocurrency the plan seems to work as intended.

Mel Brooks? is that you?
Activity: 714
Merit: 500
I dont think its a scam. David is right that iota has been started to test in beta, although in a very early phase still, and most of that has been done on Ryver. And time has been well used meanwhile.

But its true that its stupid to claim there has been no delay at all or everything has been delivered, and keep making statements like:

Trust me, the price will *not* suffer. Pay attention to the news that will be released in the coming week and you'll see why;) We'll launch the official blog and forum of IOTA in the coming week with a lot of interesting news, so don't worry about price or development taking a blow.

that again have been missed. Why not just dont say anything and deliver when the right time comes? These comments only raise expectations and then tilt and make people lose hope in the project.

Even responding to the troll DecentralizedEconomics is a waste of time, he was banned from nxtforum for death threats and had threads removed here for trolling before. So /ignored

Now rdanneskjoldr: GUI is the ONLY thing that has been delayed, which we have been completely open about, we have revealed which company we hired and why they failed to deliver. There has been absolutely no ambiguity or obfuscation of reality here. We have been 100% open and transparent all the way. Maybe this is why IOTA is already selling at 10-15x original price, yet you are complaining? We never even promised 1x and already delivered 15x before official beta launch and revelation of exciting news, yet you complain.

Are you participating in the testing? Weird if you bought software, yet aren't interested in testing it. What have you done for the ecosystem? Only in crypto do people buy software and EXPECT, no actually DEMAND a magic 100x is somehow 'owed' to them.  Crypto-greed is hilarious.

On topic:

No IOTA is not a scam, IOTA was sold legally as software, plain and simple. IOTA has partnered with different IoT groups and is being adopted into more and more projects. It will go into full beta soon and subsequent release.
Activity: 304
Merit: 100
@op

No its not a scam.

Give David some credit. He's put together something big. So he's missed some deadlines. What else is new. You got a great investment. You won on this one. Enjoy the ride.
Activity: 170
Merit: 100
My opinion on the matter is that Jinn/IOTA was a very misguided attempt to start a company in a space where it is practically impossible to succeed due to the obstacles present.  I think Come-from-Beyond is a decent guy who is smart in the technical sense, but doesn't have a lot of business experience.  I don't think he set out to scam anyone.  David on the other hand, I'm not sure about.  David could just be very naive and lacking in any business skills.  Competing against the giant companies involved in hardware manufacturing with the budget and business expertise that they possess is for all practical purposes imo impossible.  You have to realize the companies they are up against.  These are companies with unlimited resources compared to them.  Regardless of how smart CfB is, he cannot compete against the teams these companies have assembled in this space.  He only has so much time a day and it is foolish to think he can out design and out produce a team of individuals.  I think choosing David for this project was the nail in its coffin.  David is a degenerate and a communist who has absolute no idea what he is doing.  Personally, I wouldn't hire David to take out the trash let alone be the CEO of a company.  Basically, he is a joke.  If you haven't seen his facebook page, you should look at it.  Between David and the other companies they are up against, imo the project is set to fail.

Do you mean Zimbeck?
legendary
Activity: 1148
Merit: 1000
Development ALWAYS takes longe then projected. sit back and wait, also remember most ICO's dip before taking off.
Activity: 288
Merit: 250
I dont think its a scam. David is right that iota has been started to test in beta, although in a very early phase still, and most of that has been done on Ryver. And time has been well used meanwhile.

But its true that its stupid to claim there has been no delay at all or everything has been delivered, and keep making statements like:

Trust me, the price will *not* suffer. Pay attention to the news that will be released in the coming week and you'll see why;) We'll launch the official blog and forum of IOTA in the coming week with a lot of interesting news, so don't worry about price or development taking a blow.

that again have been missed. Why not just dont say anything and deliver when the right time comes? These comments only raise expectations and then tilt and make people lose hope in the project.
Activity: 1
The truth be told I am not one to know.

But

From my perusing of these "alternatives" to the coin of bit, I constantly find myself reminded of a film I wrote during my younger years way back in the 60's.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0063462/

The plot tends to only differ in that some how in cryptocurrency the plan seems to work as intended.

legendary
Activity: 1162
Merit: 1042
White Male Libertarian Bro
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
EDIT:

THIS WAS A THREAD ASKING IF IOTA WAS A SCAM BACK WHEN IT WAS NEW.

NOW WE ALL KNOW THAT IT IS A VERY SUCCESSFUL PROJECT
Pages:
Jump to: