Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it advisable to invest on Solana? - page 9. (Read 1324 times)

fvb
Activity: 1470
Merit: 13
April 19, 2023, 11:55:55 AM
In my opinion, this is a personal matter for everyone. Because everyone has their own strategy. Of course there will be different opinions. In my humble opinion, this can be successful in the medium term. Personally, I did just that, that is, I keep a small amount for a long time. And in the long run, I think that there are more suitable coins and they are known to everyone
staff
Activity: 2440
Merit: 1616
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 19, 2023, 11:44:17 AM
We can't tell you if it's going to be a good decision, so you need to have your own conviction. What makes you want to buy and hold it for long term?

To provide some perspective, I can share my personal views on Solana. I'm a fan of the chain and use it regularly, particularly for NFT-DeFi applications. Right now I enjoyed lending SOL against NFTs on platforms like sharky.fi and FFF's Citrus to make some passive investments. While its native DeFi space may not be as big as it was during the FTX era (guess all that TVL come from Alameda Cheesy), the NFT ecosystem remains active and thriving. Solana's high TPS and low fees are key unique points that differentiate it from other chains like Ethereum and its L2 solutions. If the dev and foundation continue to improve the chain (no more downtime) and step up their BD/marketing game, it could potentially work well for Solana's long-term prospects.

legendary
Activity: 1582
Merit: 1284
April 19, 2023, 11:16:24 AM
Solana was a hot topic in the past but soon a lot of projects moved from it due to it being too centralized> suffering several breakthroughs and some failures.
the competitors have become good, for example, Polygon provides the same features with fees close to zero.
These reasons are sufficient to reflect negatively on price therefore, I do not advise you to invest in it.
Activity: 1526
Merit: 412
April 19, 2023, 10:15:21 AM
Can you be more specific on the "very long time" since that sounds vague and its interpretation varies - some people consider one year as long already. I personally don't think it would reach its previous ATH at $250 even during the anticipated bullrun after bitcoin halving but it could still be carried. Maybe that could be your target holding period. Buy now and flip it next year.
Activity: 2254
Merit: 439
Cashback 15%
April 19, 2023, 10:03:10 AM
Hello buddies, I am considering buying Solana coins and holding for a very long time. I want to know if this is a good idea before forging ahead to buy it.

Thanks for your responses.
If you're not going all-in, buying solana could be a really good investment, but chances are it's not. In any case the project has already proved that the possibility of a scam is out of the question after the FTX crash. It is true that there are new prpjects now, which may replace solana. You have to realize that investing in altcoins is like a lottery, but it seems to me that solana is not the worst choice.
Activity: 19
Merit: 0
April 19, 2023, 09:42:36 AM
It's a big Yes. Solana is a decentralized crypto that has been functioning for 6 years and has a bright future with the blockchain used to operating it. I hear many people daily placing it as one of their top 4 crypto to buy for long term holding. I have some SOL myself. The market cap of roughly $9 billion dollars as of today is little compared to many cryptos. This strike my instinct that it has so many vacuum still left to be filled up. Reaching $250 in the near future can not be a too difficult achievement.
Activity: 966
Merit: 10
Allah is the Greatest
April 19, 2023, 08:02:24 AM
Hello buddies, I am considering buying Solana coins and holding for a very long time. I want to know if this is a good idea before forging ahead to buy it.

I dont think that its a good idea to buy Solana and hold it for a very long time. Some short flip maybe if you are good at trading, but definitely not for long term.  The only coin worth holding for many years is Bitcoin as everything else is a big gamble.
It's true that there are risks associated with investing in any cryptocurrency, including Solana, and that investors should carefully evaluate their risk tolerance and investment goals before making any investment decisions.

While it's true that Bitcoin is often considered a more established and relatively stable cryptocurrency, it's important to note that there are no guarantees in investing and the cryptocurrency market is known for its volatility.

Ultimately, the decision to invest in Solana (or any other cryptocurrency) and hold it for a long term should be based on your own research and analysis of the potential risks and rewards. It's always a good idea to seek professional financial advice before making any investment decisions
Activity: 504
Merit: 1065
Crypto Swap Exchange
April 19, 2023, 06:44:42 AM

The forum has an altcoins section where you will find people to answer your topic.
https://bitcointalk.org/index.php?board=67.0

Here the results with the word Solana :
https://ninjastic.space/search?title=%20solana

As we can see in these results, your previous post about it was already deleted my mods.
Could be better to post it where it belongs
Activity: 82
Merit: 46
April 19, 2023, 06:32:51 AM

I dont think that its a good idea to buy Solana and hold it for a very long time. Some short flip maybe if you are good at trading, but definitely not for long term.  The only coin worth holding for many years is Bitcoin as everything else is a big gamble.
Activity: 11
Merit: 1
April 19, 2023, 06:27:28 AM

Pages:
Jump to: