Pages:
Author

Topic: Is it better to have many altcoins or it is enough to have few? - page 28. (Read 4949 times)

Activity: 341
Merit: 10
I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

The market now has a lot of shit coins. Do not buy too much, focus on potential coins. You should only buy many altcoins when you do day trading. Do not hold them!
Activity: 420
Merit: 103
If you allocate your fund for a reasonable number of altcoins, that is good. But take note, REASONABLE. You want to have a right number of coins based on your fund. Do not overbuy altcoins because too much of it will give you a less profit in return in case one of it increases. BUT, do not hold just a few. That means greater risks. Was it confusing? Just keep in mind that too much of everything isn't okay as well as having just less.
Activity: 70
Merit: 0
I sold almost all of my coins. The market is very unstable and so I do not risk investing in an alternative coin now. I prefer to invest in Bitcoin and keep my capital in USDT.
Activity: 22
 The problem is that you are also increasing the chances of failure because each of these coins can lose value just as fast as it can gain it.
Having more coins makes you monitor multiple charts, read multiple predictions, follow multiple dev groups... It's annoying and I see it as a waste of time. It's better to have a few.
Activity: 392
Merit: 100
i try to have many altcoins in a cheap price but i'm picking it seriously that have a potential i make a lot of research every altcoins i buy then if it hits in the market and gain profits then surely i will sell and then i'm going to buy the main coin that will surely i can hodl.
Activity: 308
I know that there are many kinds of alternative coins existing today, but is it better to have that many coins instead of having just a few? What are the benefits and harm in having that many alternative coins?

Personally, I believe that it will be useful to have a minimum of 10 largest coins. The main thing is to stake on reliable projects that have real prospects of using and developing in society.
Activity: 124
The risk of holding altcoin is very large, so when you invest in altcoin you need to make the worst plan, so that you can stay calm in this market and not feel overwhelmed by market fluctuations. I think multiple altcoins are better because it reduces the risk.
Activity: 70

Personally, I prefer to have only 2-3 coins. It seems to me that it's better to spend time studying these coins and choose the best ones. I think that it can give more profit than 10-20 doubtful coins. But the risk here is definitely greater.
Activity: 140
I think having a many couns in small amounts is good as it can give you more options and better support as many coins may get dumped and you could recover from the rest
Activity: 317
Merit: 1
altcoin can also be sold like bitcoin. Although not as big as bitcoin prices and while having why there should be a limit. If we had much better even though there was no price
Activity: 490
You can have a little and most importantly good in terms of relevance and manufacturability of this or that coin! You can safely borrow from the top ten.
Activity: 22
Because many altcoins will lose its value year by year so be picky while picking your altcoin.
Activity: 104
Hi. Both ideas are good and either of the two is better. The advantage of having many altcoin is that you can if it has value or not. The disadvantage is that too many altcoins has no value and it only appears only a number in your wallet. It giving you a sore eye to those altcoin that has no value in your wallet but as I have said we don't know when the coin before will grow. The advantage of having a few altcoin is that you know or choose only the coin which you think has really value and the disadvantage is that your only limiting the chance to earn more. But as I have said that both ideas are good and it depends upon you how you manage it.
Activity: 308
I think we should invest to the coins that we think it has the highest potential. But don't put all your eggs in one basket, I'm investing in 4 different coins.
Activity: 154

The important thing here is the coin you hold. Potential or shitcoins? Quality is more important than quantity. So holding many coins or few coin is not important. No benefits, no harm, it's all depend on the coins you invest. But I still recommend holding many coins because you will get more chances, less risks.
Activity: 62
Yes, it is better to have different alternative currencies stored locally
 reasonable profit and long term strategies.
Activity: 192
Nope. Do not even think of overloading your wallet with excess coins. It is always better to have a few but great coins. I can tell you about tau, icx and wanchain as they work great and I would definitely recommend them for high profits.
Activity: 173
Well honestly, if you have a few that work excellent, you do not need more. I have recently invested in paragon and ripple and I believe with this combo, there is nothing more I need as they are great for earnings.
Activity: 118

of course if you have a lot of coins will be a lot of profits obtained but also will be a lot of losses if the price decreases. all positive and negative. but I think it's a lot of profit if you invest in lots of coins.
Activity: 658
Merit: 250
I believe the decision is left for you to make whether to have so many altcoin or just few but which ever one you take, make sure you take time to do a very good research of the coin and be sure it is a potential coin before you invest in it. Moreover, it is good to have as many altcoin as you desire as long as they are good coin because incase of any fall in price of one, you have some other ones to cover for the loss.
Pages:
Jump to: