Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 167. (Read 1181208 times)

Activity: 354
Merit: 100
Investment means giving the money to someone who uses it for their business and pays you back a dividend (and you normally get some kind of share that can be sold later). Think stocks.

"Save in bank" is actually a kind of investment. You give money to the bank, they use it for their business and give you a small interest (if at all) as dividend, and you can withdraw your money. With current interest rates, this is pretty boring, the only advantage compared to keeping money in a safe at home is that it's easier to do most types of payment, and that you don't need your own safe...

Buying precious metals is not an investment because those metals won't work with the money you paid for them. It's mostly speculation (you hope that you can sell it for a higher price) and safekeeping (real value of money can fall due to inflation, while precious metals will mostly retain their "real" value). But you need to consider storage fees.

To decide which is better you need to know what you consider "good".
Do you want to maximize your ROI? Do you want to store your wealth safely? Do you want to enable entrepreneurs to build their businesses?

Onkel Paul
I most likely to save my bitcoins than to spend it to many things that is unneccesary for me. If it is needed i will buy it but if it not neccesary to buy. I will not spending it. I will save it for my future expenses. Or in the time of needs. By that i can sustain my needs if that happen just in case of emergency.
Activity: 20
Merit: 0
never invest more than you could afford to lose.
mainly i believe in saving more than in investing.
Activity: 2856
Merit: 673
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
In saving money in bank, it is like investing but you'll only get a few interest, in saving online, you are just literally 'saving' it, in case you have bitcoins, it may go up or down; it depends. I think it is better to invest it online but be sure that it is proved safe and your money will not be lost. For me, I will save money for now because I'm still young and still learning.
Actually it's not investing, it's just a mere saving and that would help you to grow your money in the future but if you are
only focus in savings I am sure you lose a lot of opportunity to grow your money faster which can only be possible when you learn how
to invest or to trade.
Activity: 826
Merit: 529
I think the investment is the best way to utilize your money properly. saving also brings some price value but it doesn't touch the level of the time value of money. in terms of investment, you can get a proper the time value of money.
that is why i always prefer to take this side where you will get huge profit through a little risk.
Activity: 308
Merit: 108
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?
In saving money in bank, it is like investing but you'll only get a few interest, in saving online, you are just literally 'saving' it, in case you have bitcoins, it may go up or down; it depends. I think it is better to invest it online but be sure that it is proved safe and your money will not be lost. For me, I will save money for now because I'm still young and still learning.
Activity: 910
Merit: 512
I think it's better if you will invest it. If you will just save your money, there's a tendency that you can get it easily everytime you see something or you want something to buy. It's hard to save knowing that you have it in your hand. But if you will invest it, it's hard for you to get it. You will just get it when you need it for your future.
Haha! I guess you are facing this problem and are not good with saving money. Investing and saving depends on the nature of the investor and his/her financial condition. If you are not good with saving capital, invest into multiple businesses to have grand profits. Better invest into bitcoins.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
I had considered the last weeks and i did realise its time to invest, altcoins market are very hot and a lot new altcoins coming with potencial to grow a lot and take their place, even believing into bitcoin i do believe its time to take some risks and ignore, forget a bit bitcoin. The segwit implementation will take till November and altcoins arent facing any similiar issue as it, even the price being adjusted against bitcoin altcoins are getting more interest.
Activity: 868
Merit: 108
Its better to save yoor money right? But in bitcoin its better to invest it, and after a year it will double, so you make money more.

If you have cash money its better to save it, but not your all money, maybe some of it is better to invest because the way we invest your money, the higher posibility to have more income.
Activity: 294
Merit: 105
i guess its better to invest than keeping your money in the bank. Over time when u invest you will gain profit. Keep some and invest some..
Activity: 1148
Merit: 504
If you are new in this industry or your in the traditional business, of course much better to invest your money. So that we can easily roll it then once the profit comes we can compound it, then after a months we will noticed that our business will become grown quickly. Though savings was a good idea too.
I still have plans to get rich from bitcoin would certainly prefer to invest rather than save. but that does not mean I'll use all my bitcoins to invest. of course it will be at risk right? I will only use mostly for investment and the rest to save
Activity: 264
Merit: 250
I think it's better if you will invest it. If you will just save your money, there's a tendency that you can get it easily everytime you see something or you want something to buy. It's hard to save knowing that you have it in your hand. But if you will invest it, it's hard for you to get it. You will just get it when you need it for your future.
I also think that investment will be more better than saving. through investment we are increasing our money while through saving we do not increasing our money but with the passage of time its value is decreasing. i therefore think that investment is more better than saving where we have more chances to increase our investment.
Activity: 840
Merit: 500
In my opinion it is better to save bitcoins, because it is already a safe investment, since the price is increasing you will make good profit just by saving your bitcoins in your wallet. In addition there is a lot of scams pops up online calling themselves as investment sites.
but to me i think it will be the best choice to invest money in some profitable business. because only saving is not good. i think we need to save a little amount of our money, while the rest of the money should be invested in some profitable business from where we can get some good profit and can increasing the amount of money, that is too much important for our future.
Activity: 588
Merit: 500
i think both are good but investment is the best. in fact bitcoin is providing opportunities to people to use bitcoin for investment and to get profit from there. in fact saving can only keep your money safe, but it cannot increase its value. while investing your money in bitcoin it will surely increase the value of your money and will alson increase its number. but for investment you need to select a good place so that your investment also remain as safe there.
Activity: 784
I will save money in fiat in case of any emergency and will invest in bitcoins for long term benefits as after knowing bitcoins and looking at its growth in recent past I don't see any other better place to make an investment as bitcoin can give me huge returns in unexpected time period which is impossible with gold or any other form of investments.
Activity: 644

In my opinion, Its your choice if you want to hold it in your wallet and exchange it if you need to buy some thing, save it in the banks is quite better, investing online but make sure you will invest it properly. It has a many ways to save bitcoin and its depend to you where you have a fully trust to save your bitcoin  and allows to get better in return.
Activity: 28
There are ways that you can save money that allow you to get better returns than just keeping cash in your checking or savings account. From a returns standpoint, holding money in your checking account allows inflation to dilute the value of the holdings, so you could argue that holding in a checking account is riskier, in a way, to holding some other safe investments that outpace inflation.

Examples include things like money market accounts or bonds. Those are pretty safe and can outpace inflation.
Activity: 686
my personal opinion is better to invest your money, choose a long-term investment with little risk, or you can buy some bitcoins to invest it but bitcoin have high risk, as the price of bitcoin is very unstable and fluctuated, we will never know the price of the bitcoin in the future.
I agree to you. It is better to invest our money in online because we can earn more profit. I prefer to you to invest your money in long term investment because it is more effective.
It is known that investing and holding for the long term brings the best benefits especially for those that do not know how to trade, since I think that describes most people then I think the strategy recommended in the forum of buying and holding bitcoin is correct.
To me, we can't say buy and hold Bitcoin is good strategy.
In future, this strategy will make trader use it met many problem in market and become to speculator, not is trader.
Example: Although after long time they will take a big profit, but if they try invest to market again, I believe they will take big loss, even loss all profit they earned.
You do not seem to understand the strategy of buy and hold, even if its the simplest strategy, you buy bitcoin and you hold and that is it, you are not looking for entry prices or exit points you are in bitcoin for the long term and are going to hold for years or even decades, if you do that your profits are almost guaranteed.
Activity: 182
Activity: 36
In my situation as a student, I still do not hold a lot of money. With that, it is better for me to save money and make it available anytime. In the future, if I already have a job and source of income, I can have more savings and maybe divide it and use the half for investment.

Yes, the more diversified your portfolio is, the more chances of making sound profits is there. Saving and investing should walk hand in hand to keep the owner in stable financial states. Saving with bitcoins is really great way of increasing your income and probably the best way of saving money for hard times.

I dont agree with that, if that guy has $200 he can diversify too much. What is he gonna buy? 10 coins? $20 of each altcoin?
I think that diversify is only if you have more than $2k. For example i have all my portfolio in 4 coins, i think that is fair, if one of the coin drop a lot, then you can easily recover it with the other three.

in my own opinion. I want to invest even there is only small interest.. And  at the same time i want to save for me to have a savings incase i need it..
Activity: 504
Its better to invest your money into Btc than saving it. Investment in other stocks or fiats is good but considering the potential of btc it will give you a lucrative amount.
Jump to: