Author

Topic: Is it better to save money or invest it? - page 335. (Read 1181210 times)

Activity: 3052
Merit: 606
October 25, 2016, 10:43:40 PM
Investing is saving your money but with interest. Always invest. Never gamble and you should be just fine. Dont be like me and get addicted to gambling. xP rather wait it out and take it slow to ensure profits then wild gambling.
Lol I think it is a different thing, saving and investment is not the same thing, if I said that investment equals saving, should invest not have a risk, because just like the store right?

If you are going to inline that with bitcoin, saving and investing are just the same. Because if you are going to save or hold your bitcoins then you are aiming to get some profit when the price increases and that is why I am saying that saving and investing with bitcoin are just the same only if you are going to do that method.
I would not agree with you, saving and invest are not the save for me. When I save, I put my money in the bank and although it earns a little interest but I do not consider it as income, I save for safe keeping and for my future needs while my bitcoins is just for the aim to grow my money because I dream to be rich in the future.
Activity: 476
Merit: 250
October 25, 2016, 06:45:00 PM
Investing is saving your money but with interest. Always invest. Never gamble and you should be just fine. Dont be like me and get addicted to gambling. xP rather wait it out and take it slow to ensure profits then wild gambling.
Lol I think it is a different thing, saving and investment is not the same thing, if I said that investment equals saving, should invest not have a risk, because just like the store right?
Activity: 907
Merit: 500
October 25, 2016, 05:30:14 PM
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

simply buying gold is not an investment, it's speculation

real estate may be an investment if your rent it or do something with the real estate that gives returns, otherwise it's also speculation or another form of saving

in general, it's better to invest if you can afford the risk
For me real estate is a very good business from which we can get a very good profit i will like to invest in that type of business and in my country it is not a risky business but our citizens are earning a good profit without any hard struggle.
Activity: 210
Merit: 100
October 25, 2016, 05:28:11 PM
Is it better to save money in bank or invest it online, in real estate or maybe gold?

real estate may be an investment if your rent it or do something with the real estate that gives returns, otherwise it's also speculation or another form of saving

I call it investment too because it brings you money if you know when to do it. Having a real estate business has its own risks too, like.. For example, you never know when the prices are increasing or going down and you never know whether you'll find a customer or not for your properties. If the prices are going down, you're going to lose your profit. I'm doing a little of both: saving a part of it, investing another and using the rest. I think it's the best way to manage your money.
Activity: 583
Merit: 505
CTO @ Flixxo, Riecoin dev
October 25, 2016, 05:14:01 PM

Activity: 826
Merit: 502
October 25, 2016, 05:07:18 PM
Personally i like to save half of my money and invest half in different sectors, so that i can minimize the chance of lossing all i have. Better not to invest or not to save all you have and also diversifying investment is quite advised.
I like your idea and i have the same opinion as well,doing both the things is important and not important you use 50-50% for both or i would suggest 60% savings and 40% in the investements for being more safe,because if something bad happens with investement,then saving will help.
You have a more secure idea but it is for those people who can afford that much to save and at the same to to invest. Some people cannot afford both at the same time and go for one way and some people go to invest their money in a business and save only 15% of them considering them as their future saving in time they do not get success in their investment.
Activity: 406
October 25, 2016, 03:00:30 PM
Nice advice and first of all you should also follow your own advice and try to be away from gambling,atleast for some time if you feel that you are addicted to gambling and as you said depositing in bank and getting interest is both saving and investement.
Activity: 770
October 25, 2016, 02:48:09 PM
Activity: 2870
Merit: 594
October 25, 2016, 01:34:29 PM

I think that it's better to save my money than investing it in a scams Smiley i think so that all of investments were almost scam and just trying to stole my money so i just saving my money than to risk on a scam investments that will make me a beggar hahaha lol.

that is right. There are too many bitcoin related scams. It is better to just hold the bitcoin in a cold wallet.
Activity: 292
October 23, 2016, 01:25:47 AM
What’s the difference between saving and investing?
Saving is putting money aside, bit by bit. You usually save up to pay for something specific, like a holiday, a deposit on a home, or to cover any emergencies that might crop up, like a broken boiler. Saving usually means putting your money into cash products, such as a savings account in a bank or building society.
Investing is taking some of your money and trying to make it grow by buying things you think will increase in value. For example, you might invest in stocks, property, or shares in a fund.

Who should save?

Not sure how much you spend every month? Use the Budget planner to get a clear picture of your finances and work out where you might be able to cut costs.

1. Setting up an emergency fund

Everybody should do their best to build up an emergency savings fund.

The general rule is to have three months’ worth of living expenses saved up in an instant access savings account. This should include rent, food, school fees and any other essential outgoings.

Your emergency fund means you have some financial security if something goes wrong.

2. Keep saving

Now that you’ve got an emergency fund, it’s a good idea to save up at least 10% of your earnings each month (or as much as you can afford).

Set yourself savings goals and put away enough to buy what you want. This could be a house deposit, a wedding, or a trip.

You could also start to think about investing your money.

When shouldn’t you save?

The only time you shouldn’t save, or invest is if there are more important things you need to do with your money.

For example:

Getting your debts under control.
Making sure your family would be able to cope financially if you died.

Are you ready to invest?

Investing can be a great way to get more from your money, but it’s not for everyone. Whether or not it makes sense for you depends on your goals – specifically if they are long, short, or medium term.

Short-term goals are things you plan to do within the next five years
Medium-term goals are things you plan to do within the next 5-10 years
Longer-term goals are ones where you’re won’t need the money for ten years or more
Activity: 952
October 23, 2016, 01:22:40 AM

I think that it's better to save my money than investing it in a scams Smiley i think so that all of investments were almost scam and just trying to stole my money so i just saving my money than to risk on a scam investments that will make me a beggar hahaha lol.
Maybe you have bad experience in investing your money online, but I will tell you that your bad experience if there's one, it will not prove that online investments are almost scams.

As an investor, it is your responsibility to find a good investment and you can always do the right research before putting your money as everything needs to be carefully plan.
Activity: 292
October 23, 2016, 12:57:14 AM

Activity: 476
October 22, 2016, 07:40:23 PM
There is no way to choose the best, because if i do see an opportunity to invest into some altcoin that looks like will be bumped i will try it, while i could be just watching while my coins wait a better price, we all wanna to get more bitcoins, as well more value.
true nothing is best to choose between them, it is best to choose both at once. besides using both would make more profit to you. right?
Activity: 826
Merit: 502
October 22, 2016, 07:06:08 PM
There is no way to choose the best, because if i do see an opportunity to invest into some altcoin that looks like will be bumped i will try it, while i could be just watching while my coins wait a better price, we all wanna to get more bitcoins, as well more value.
then keep your money in bitcoin as in bitcoin you will do both, you will save your money as bitcoin and at the same time you will invest your money in bitcoin . at that time your money will be secured without any high risk and it will also make you some profit while the price increase.
Activity: 756
Merit: 501
October 22, 2016, 04:44:23 PM
Activity: 280
October 22, 2016, 03:59:12 PM
Personally i like to save half of my money and invest half in different sectors, so that i can minimize the chance of lossing all i have. Better not to invest or not to save all you have and also diversifying investment is quite advised.
I like your idea and i have the same opinion as well,doing both the things is important and not important you use 50-50% for both or i would suggest 60% savings and 40% in the investements for being more safe,because if something bad happens with investement,then saving will help.

This is the cardinal rule of investing. You can not put all your money into one project. I also invest their savings. I am sure that the money should work and make money
Activity: 350
October 22, 2016, 01:55:22 PM
Activity: 1386
Merit: 623
Maintain Social Distance, Stay safe.
October 22, 2016, 01:47:22 PM
For me there ain't better among the two. It is important that we save money and it is also good that we invest our money so that it will grow. Invest only if we got so many extra money but if not, it is better to save money first before investing in anything since if you don't have enough money, it ain't good to invest since there's always a risk of losing your money in an investment.

You are right that both of them are an important thing for someone working for money, because if you don't invest you wont earn more and if you don't have more you wont be able to save, and also if you don't save you wont be able to invest and if you wont be able to invest then you wont earn any extra money at all.
Those two methods are great if you have it.. investing and savings is a way of managing money to have a good result in the future  that you can make your dream to be business man if you are savings is for your business.
Activity: 756
October 22, 2016, 01:39:27 PM
For me there ain't better among the two. It is important that we save money and it is also good that we invest our money so that it will grow. Invest only if we got so many extra money but if not, it is better to save money first before investing in anything since if you don't have enough money, it ain't good to invest since there's always a risk of losing your money in an investment.

You are right that both of them are an important thing for someone working for money, because if you don't invest you wont earn more and if you don't have more you wont be able to save, and also if you don't save you wont be able to invest and if you wont be able to invest then you wont earn any extra money at all.
legendary
Activity: 1232
Merit: 1091
October 22, 2016, 01:11:30 PM

In some cases it's indeed a wise thing to diversify, but nowadays with stock prices sitting at highs, real estate prices sitting at highs, it's a better option to stick to just one, or at most 2 different investments. And another thing, if the price of Bitcoin goes down, then it doesn't mean you have lost money. You only lose money when you sell at a loss.

Regarding this. One way is to reserve a suitable amount of coins into the wallet and wait for higher exchange rates. And earn through trading a small amount of coins in the meanwhile.

That's a good method as it allows you to benefit from 2 ways at the same time. I do so too. Smiley But only with Bitcoin. Altcoins are not for me.
Jump to: